Maaneet SS: Tum, Main aur Woh: All Parts Pg. 14

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi Everyone!

It's Naina again, you must all think I'm crazy right? But I can't help it. So many ideas! πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Well, this one is going to be really very short, and it's set in the future. Geet has her baby and she's not in Mumbai anymore.

Read more to find out the story!

Happy Reading!

++++

Tum, Main aur Woh.

"Dhruv! Come on, clean up your toys, it's time for bed now beta" Geet smiled, as she kneeled down on the floor and helped her young four year old son put all his toys away in a basket.

"Mama. Five more minutes. Pweasee" the little boy pleaded, a small pout on his face. And Geet couldn't refuse her son. After all, he was all she had now.

"Only five more minutes, and then we have to sleep, ok? Don't you want to go to the beach tomorrow?" she smiled, and that was enough for her son to start cleaning up almost immediately. And twenty minutes later, both the mother and the son were carefully tucked into bed, away in a small town in South India where they had been living for so long.

She closed her eyes and sleep came to her immediately, unlike in the past, when she would dwell on all the unfortunate events in her life, flashes of various nightmares flashing before her everytime she closed her eyes. Thoughts and memories which plagued her every night, which never allowed her to sleep in peace. But Dhruv. Dhruv was her savior, the one person who made her life worth living once again. And she welcomed him and the new life with open arms, a stronger woman after all the misgivings. One who was ready to face the world.

++++

"Mama..Zoo..." were the two words she heard the next morning, as she felt her son shaking her, trying to wake her up. "Dhruvvv. It's only 7:30 am, go back to sleep" whined Geet, pulling the blankets over her head and drawing her son close to her, trying to get him to sleep once again. But the child was adamant. And Geet had to get up.

And about two hours later, the two headed off to the beach, Geet in a nice bluish salwar, while the little Dhruv was dressed in his shorts and a tshirt, sunglasses on his head. He sure did look like a hero. And the two had fun for the rest of the day, playing in the water, making sand castles, digging each other up in the sand. And it was finally 5 o'clock before Geet decided that the two should head home, but as luck would have it, Dhruv saw a balloon vendor and insisted on getting a balloon. Sighing, Geet gave in to her son, who was busy choosing the specific color and shape of the balloon he wanted. When suddenly, she heard someone call out her name.

"Geet? Geet is that really you?"

And she turned around immediately, and the next thing she knew, she was facing her former boss, the man whom she had run away from four years ago. Dressed in a pair of shorts, a white t-shirt, showing off his abs, there, standing in front of her was The MSK. The Maan Singh Khurana.

At that moment, Geet felt like she could die a thousand deaths. Not knowing what to say or how to react, she just stood there, completely forgetting everything else around her, including her own son.

"Geet? Where have you been all these years? You ran away!" exclaimed Maan, as he walked up to her, and held her by the shoulders, gazing into her eyes intensely, his eyes demanding answers. And she, she just stared at him in shock, her eyes slightly fearful, slightly hesitant, and just overall shocked. South India. This was the last place she had expected to see anyone she knew.

"Mama! Look at my balloon!" that tiny voice snapped both of them out of their thoughts, and they moved away from each other quickly.

Maan looked at the young boy, four years old, and knew he reminded him of someone, but just who he didn't know. And he was calling Geet Mama? He looked over at Geet, a questioning look in his eyes, his one eyebrow raised, and his eyes demanding answers. "Geet. We need to talk."

Shuddering, she picked up her small boy in her arms, and looked up slowly at the man in front of her. "Yes. I'm willing to give you answers."

His immediate response was "Let's go. I want to know now. Chalein?"

And she nodded meekly, not knowing what else to say and slowly followed him to his car.

++++

Maan entered the tiny apartment that was just a ten minute drive from the beach. Although it was tiny, it had a homely feeling, one that had been missing from his own house back in Mumbai. Instantly, he felt at ease in the place, as he heard Geet scolding the little boy, Dhruv, to take off his shoes before he entered the house, or as he saw the pictures of Geet with her little son, the day he was born, the two of them at the hospital, just memories that seemed to have strengthened their relationship.

"Dhruv beta, Mama is going to talk to the Uncle now, so why don't you go play with your toys?" asked Geet, when she saw Maan busy looking her house up and down.

And that brought Maan out of his daze, and back to the matter at hand.

He sat down in one of the sofas, and Geet sat down across from him. And all he said was, "Geet. I want answers. Answers as to why you left, what happened, and the boy. The boy's father" said Maan seriously, his voice low, and serious, as he crossed his right leg over his left one, and folded his arms in front of his chest, leaning back into the sofa, and looked at her expectantly. Waiting for her answer.

And that instant. That instant, Geet knew that the past she had been running away from for so long, the past she had tried to disconnect from herself, pretend it never existed, had caught up with her. And now she had to face the past and her present at the same time.

So...how was it?! I would love to read your comments and any suggestions, and please do hit the like button if you enjoyed reading this! The next part will be up soon :)

Haha and also. I know my title is probably not grammatically correct. I'm really bad at hindi :)And you might be wondering, a short SS...yes it really will be a very short short story. :)

Thanks!
~Naina
Edited by Naina2127 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice strt Naina
Liked it
Geet was Maan's boss n they met after 4 years whereas Geet was mother of 4 years child also
Kahi ye Maan ka bacha toh nahi naπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Liked Geet n Dhruv's relation
Update soon n longer parts
Downhill thumbnail

lovely short story..........

pls continue...........

suspense is killing.wud love to kno what happened four yrs back.........

pls add me to ur PM list........

reva
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Your ideas are amazing! I loved it! Can't wait to read the next part......do continue soon and please add me to your PM list.
..Naina.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -afsha-

Nice strt Naina

Liked it
Geet was Maan's boss n they met after 4 years whereas Geet was mother of 4 years child also
Kahi ye Maan ka bacha toh nahi naπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Liked Geet n Dhruv's relation
Update soon n longer parts

hi afsha! thanks a lot for reading and commenting :) ahah geet was definitely not Maan's boss...i don't think she'll ever be able to handle Mr. Khadoos πŸ˜†πŸ˜† but yes geet is the mother of the four year old...this story is just how im imagining the current track goes :) and yess the next update will definitely be coming later on today :)

~Naina
..Naina.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: revav

lovely short story..........

pls continue...........

suspense is killing.wud love to kno what happened four yrs back.........

pls add me to ur PM list........

reva

hi reva! thanks a lot for reading and commenting! and haha what happened four years back...even i dont know πŸ˜†πŸ˜† hehe ill update the next part later on today, and definitely pm you then :) so glad you liked this though

~Naina
..Naina.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Starry_night

Your ideas are amazing! I loved it! Can't wait to read the next part......do continue soon and please add me to your PM list.

hii! thanks a lot for reading and commenting! haha and thanks a lot for liking some of my crazy ideas :) ill definitely update soon and add you the pm list! so glad you liked this though :)

~Naina
ardhika16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Its awesome and creative and i dont have words to describe it (sorry)

please countinue soon and add me to ur pm list if u have one
lil_desi_goddes thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
superb first part, it was amazingly well written, please do continue and please do add me to your pm list!~
Its really good! WOW! It really is in the future! I mean she has a son! New aspect to Geet ;)