DOTW|Confrontations&Love

sabihaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Why hello again lovelies.

Last week,
scorpiangyal asked if Maan should know the truth about Geet's marriage and pregnancy.
This week, the topic/question for discussion is:

a)What should Maan do in this situation? Or, what do you think Maan would do?
b) What would YOU do if put in a similar type of situation (look at it from both POV's)
c) Can love overcome this situation?

Things to keep in mind:
*Maan trying to avoid Geet/Geet trying to prove herself to him
*Maan wondering why Geet was crying (rain scene)
*Dev believing Geet's in Delhi (how long till he finds her?)

Happy discussing. :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

curledup thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
sorry I don't think my answer will come out right, so I am gonna type type type and type till it does

till then this is reserved! :D

-edit-add-

great DOTW btw! πŸ˜ƒ 
Edited by curledup - 13 years ago
Yazzi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow if i'm going to be honest, i have no clue on how Maan's going to react πŸ˜• he's a sort of a confusing person, sometimes he's understanding then other times he just starts assuming stuff that might or might not be true  πŸ˜• so in this case i really don't know how he'll react, although as a MaaNeet fan i would like him to accept the truth and Geet 😳 but if the CV's decide to make Maan reaction realistic then erm i guess at first he will be peeved off  😭 we all know what Maans anger is like, and his rage is sort of uncontrollable, i don't think even he realises what spews out his mouth when he's angry and also he has a knack for jumping to conclusions (the Gurwinder track) so he might accuse Geet of being 'that sort of girl' 🀒 πŸ€’ and it could be just the heat of the moment sort of thing as well, where he's trying to erase her feelings for her and BAM! the pregnancy thing come out, so he might just take all his frustrations out on her, without really meaning it πŸ˜• 

Later on when he's more calm and when Geets not there near him, close to him, i know he will reflect back to everything that happened, reflect back to things that happened in Hoshiarpur, reflect back to the office scene where Geet was about to tell him everything but he stopped her and he might realise there somethings fishy in all this and he'll investigate, but when he does find out the truth he might be confused   because on one hand theres his brother, and the other hand there's Geet πŸ˜• i've got a feeling though he will help Geet out.😳 Ever since his entry in one way or another he's been a messiah to her, and i know for sure that it will continue being like that 😳
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
a) It seems a little hard to predict Maan's psyche at this juncture as his mind is oscillating between getting near Geet and trying to push her away. So the knowledge of Geet's past will affect him and make him react in different way based on his acceptance of Geet and her effect on him.
But the way he handled Gurwinder situation makes me deduce that irrespective of what he thinks of Geet, he would accept the news rationally. Surely he will be shocked and might be even rendered speechless but he would come around. I don't think he would offer his help to her outright but give her space and support her whenever she requires it. He would want to her to be the independent person she is striving to be for as that is what he always wanted her to be.
Maan's behavior has been confusing (I am not saying it is wrong. It is natural since he is amidst bunch of conflicting emotions) and his behavior itself  is slightly complex which makes the whole situation even more dynamic. He might like her even more for what she is now and the things she has gone through all alone. There might be lingering guilt in his behavior for being the jerk he was for many times in past and this guilt may soften his outlook a great deal.

b) I think what I want from Maan is my wishful thinking. Its very much similar to what I have mentioned above. And when it comes to Geet, I would want her to tell Maan because the situation asks for it. I would want something as simple as Maan asking Geet "Geet, What is wrong?" which would break her down and tell him everything. We have seen that she feels suffocated when she encounters a situation similar to that of her past. Sometimes past hits her randomly and makes more mistakes then. During one such occasion, in middle of chaos, I would want her to tell him the truth.

c) I personally don't think that love has anything to do with it. If two individuals have the comfort level and enough trust in each other, they are more than enough to overcome this situation. Both parties would require lots of patience and understanding to get by.
Foundation of any relationship is based on trust. If Maan trusts her enough (which I think he does), then that trust alone is enough for both of them to pursue a relationship. Once they decide to go for it (not giving into too many emotions and over dramatics) , it becomes a step by step process to build an emotional bond on top of that trust. They would reach  a point where in antics of Dev of his wife would not crack their relationship. Maan has seen her at her most vulnerable state and also has seen her rising against what she believes is injustice. With that aspect in mind, what they need the most in this situation is trust, respect and acceptance more than anything.

Sookie

Edited by -Sookie- - 13 years ago
pop77 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Maan is unpredictable guy.. Maybe when he find out he might help Geet because he knows that why Geet leave her family & city..Before he thought that Gurwinder is cause ..Now after he know that he is not..I also not grantee that when he find out that his brother involvement, he might help Geet,,He trust Geet then his brother for sure..

right now he going thru  bad phase, He feel hopeless..Before he don;t have worry wht he doing, Now Geet control his thought. Every second he only thinking Geet nothing else..That his ego can't accept.
After he find out that Geet don;t have any body his life, he mellow little for her. His inside dilemma, he can't fight anymore..Whenever he anger on Geet, he always said truth, what he feel for Geet..
Preternatural thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
as he is confused abt his feelings he shud interact wid geet and know her better..by starting a new friendship wid her, thats how maan wil b able to cum to knw geet's past and her probs, and also he'll cum to knw tht he is in luv wid her and as he now loves her he'll b rdy to help her in any matter
.but i think he wud try to ignore geet and plus may not care abt her work...and that may mak it worse..

masin thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
heyy guys :) i'm new on this forum and in love with the show (lol...i thought i should introduce myself before startingπŸ˜›)

i'm glad this topic is brought up because i can't wait to see maan's reaction when he finds out about geet's past! i have a strong feeling that he won't find out anytime soon, but when he does...boy will he look hot! πŸ˜‰ as for his reaction, i really hope he takes it well....but i doubt that too since there are two sides to him taking this news well. if he only finds out that geet is pregnant, then he might not understand her situation so well since he already hates "emotions" and "girls" so i'm assuming that he'll be out of his mind when he finds out that underneath her smile, her bak bak, geet is actually going thru a huge emotional roller coaster! however, if maan finds out that geet is pregnant thanks to dev and his dhoka, well then i'm sure he won't spare dev his final breath!! i really hope that maan takes this news in a complete maan singh khurana style πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† i want him to empathize with geet, not sympathize! i want him to find out the whole story before just blaming geet for her unfortunate situation. i want him to confront dev and naintara and make sure that there's hell happening in the khurana's mansion! i want him to stand up for geet because that will not only be a treat to watch, but it will also be different from the usual story of the girl facing it all on her own! hopefully by the time maan finds out about geet's past he is less confused towards his feelings for geet...otherwise i'm speechless because maan is definitely an unpredictable guy!

if i were in this situation! oh dear! well if i were in geet's shoes then i wouldn't be dancing in the rain when im at least 3 months pregnant πŸ˜† and i would also take life a little more seriously! yea sure its hilarious to watch her stupidity and maan's reactions, but if she keeps stressing over why her boss isn't talking to her properly then she's just being like sasha if not worst! if i were geet i'd actually put more effort at work and not bother with the consant taunts and bullying from sasha and her pet, tasha!!! i'd also be concerned to find out about dev's whereabouts, and if im getting so close with my boss, i'd actually talk to him about trying to find some guy that goes by the name of dev! i know its kinda unrealistic to just rant your problems to your boss.....but its high time geet makes a move on this dev matter before he finds her!! as geet, i'd still be all fun and bubbly, but i'd just not go to the extent of worrying why my boss isn't talking to me....or i'd at least try to think why im worrying over my boss's ignorance.....maybe i'm developing feelings for him!?!?!?πŸ˜›

on the other hand, if i were in maan's shoes.....then i would continue giving geet those sudden glares only because they're super hot! πŸ˜† but being the gentleman that i am, i'd also try my best to find out the whole truth before jumping the gun and hating on geet! i'd also control the nonsense going on in my office in terms of sasha being a pain in the rear end for geet! other than that......i think maan has got his attitude on the right path....he's a tough guy and now that he's feeling an attraction towards geet he's getting pissed! πŸ˜ lol.....oh yea....if i were in maan's shoes and i found out that dev and naintara were the masterminds behind geet's pregnancy and loneliness, then i'd try my best to give her comfort and let her know that i'm there if she needs me 😳

well i'm sure love can overcome any situation....so i'm sure this situation is no biggie either! but for that to happen, geet and maan to to realize and accept that they are in love with one another! i'm afraid that if/when dev finds geet, or if/when geet finds dev.....geet might give in to the traditional-ness and go back to dev only for her child's sake! i'd love it if instead maan decides to accept geet's child as his.......wouldn't it be sooo adorable to watch maan sing khurana helping geet thru her pregnancy and being by her side during her delivery too!!!!!!!  πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜ 

hmmmmmm...i think that's it for now.....awesome discussion btw.....i was really hoping to voice/write my thoughts on this topic.....and now i did πŸ˜ƒ
loveee
Samra πŸ€—
a)What should Maan do in this situation? Or, what do you think Maan would do?
b) What would YOU do if put in a similar type of situation (look at it from both POV's)
c) Can love overcome this situation?

NICEEEEE TOPIC! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜›

A) In the situation if Maan finds out about the pregnancy he would be shocked... . . Maybe blame and accuse Geet? But than be supportive . . .  sooner or later once she tells her story.

B) If I was put in a situation as so . . . I would be shocked of course  . . . . But a baby is a big thing and I would be supportive and surprised, wondering how something like that could happen. I would think Geet is innocent because of her personality and support her, coaxing her to tell her story.

C) LOVE is blind as they say . . .  AND SO I think that it can overcome this situation and is necessary in order for it to be considered love.
nrasheed thumbnail

Maan is so not going to be able to deal with what he will view as Geet's betrayal, the only thing he has reiterated over and over and over again is that he cant stand people who lie. so taking this statement for what its worth i'd say he gonna dump her like a hot tomali and say good riddence 🀒
Sharky8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i think whatever it may be, maan should go and confess his love for geet, i would do that too. and geet should understand his love. so in the end, love has solved the problem.