Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
^I think, Paul picked Germany to win in the Euro 2008 final. So he could definitely be wrong in this case.

Besides even if he didn't pick Germany to win - he has been wrong 20% of the time.

So really, maybe in Germany-Spain's case he picks the team that is going to lose?
Edited by ProdigalStudent - 14 years ago
Okazaki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^we would knw that only after the match now. Thats the ambiguity of "pseudoscience", i guess πŸ˜†
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^ but he/she has always been right :( except the euro cup he/she predicted that germany would win but after that all his predicton have come true :(

well this is just so sad

right NOW, nobody plays better then germany.IMO they deserved to win
well...tom they will get knocked out!
Okazaki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^are you serious??? how is a Octopus going to judge how a team's going to play? Yes, maybe he was right in the past...its just co-incidence..this is blind faith. What YOU do on THE DAY is what matters or in this case, the tactics/how well the respective TEAMS play..thats what matters! Now if Spain just stand arnd on the field without budging, just cuz Paul predicted them to win..will they win? πŸ˜• Dont be disappointed..tmw is a day away πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Okazaki - 14 years ago
Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: friends_rock

^

It's Spain! Psychic Octopus Makes Choice

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Strange-News/Paul-The-Octopus-Predicts-Spain-Will-Beat-Germany-In-World-Cup-Semi-Final-In-South-Africa/Article/201007115660208?lpos=Strange_News_First_Strange_News__Article_Teaser_Region__1&lid=ARTICLE_15660208_Paul_The_Octopus_Predicts_Spain_Will_Beat_Germany_In_World_Cup_Semi-Final_In_South_Africa

it has a video too

*sits on the corner of the room and starts weeping*

Yes, I get a bit too touchy when Germany loses. Although they haven't officially lost, but Octopus' prediction is making me already lose the little hope that I had. Please be wrong this time, Mr Octopus.
Edited by Melissa - 14 years ago
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i would be shocked if germany looses against spain, let's wait.
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissa

*sits on the corner of the room and starts weeping*

Yes, I get a bit too touchy when Germany loses. Although they haven't officially lost, but Octopus' prediction is making me already lose the little hope that I had. Please be wrong this time, Mr Octopus.

oh yes please be wrong octopus😭😭😭
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

LOL. I think it's funny to look at sealife for predictions :P Anyhow, for those who believe in it, Paul has an 80% success rate. This could be one of the time where he messed up. Cheer up.

LOL you guys are cracking me up with your responses. This is what I'm going to say...

Germany fans: Chin up and calm down! The prediction does not 'doom' Germany to a loss - The octopus has been wrong before and guess for which match? The Germany vs Spain final in Euro 2008 - so maybe Germany vs Spain is the only match he's incapable of predicting right or he predicts the loser in this case? Anyways the point is he aint always right especially when it comes to Germany vs Spain matches. And there's a theory that Germany wins the world cup every 20 years and the last time they've won is at 1990.

Spain fans: Good news, the octopus picked you this time. I don't know if it's for winning or losing coz it picked Germany in the Euro 2008 final. However, on the other hand, maybe the octopus has learnt from his mistakes and predicted Spain to win in this one. Anyways don't celebrate a Spain win until Spain actually wins this one, but that said enjoy your moment!

Me? I don't believe in octopuses :P I believe whichever team wins this one will be inspite of the octopuses predictions not because of it. Regarding the match up, I've to agree with ShadowKisses. Spain has been pretty underwhelming so far, while on the other hand Germany really has bought their A-game to the tournament. Seriously if Spain continues to play as lacklustrely in this match as they've been playing in this whole tournament then I would be rooting for a Germany win. Because I don't believe THAT Spanish side would deserve to go to the finals over this Germany side, against Netherlands/Uruguay (who both IMO have played pretty well through the tournament.) and deprive me of a dream Germany vs Netherlands final (that is if Netherlands wins over Uruguay today.)

So I guess this will be the deciding match for me.
Anyways can't wait for Netherlands vs Uruguay - yay! Should be a fun game! From what I've seen so far I'm predicting a Dutch win but ofcourse Uruguay can upset the dutch - anything can happen in football! Nevertheless, I'm placing my bets on the Netherlands to go to the finals.

So I guess first semi-final of the tournament coming up today!!!

Regarding who I'm supporting - I'm supporting Netherlands in this one but I have a soft spot for Uruguay - they have been such a fun team to follow in this WC so it will definitely be difficult for me to watch them lose! πŸ˜” That is, if they do lose.