Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Surez is going crazy here! πŸ˜† Man, that shot from him was like bullet! πŸ˜• Good that Butt got it! πŸ˜›

I wanna see Muller scoring more! πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by pritirays - 14 years ago
pritirays thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShadowKisses

I can't help but feel that this match for third place is going to be more exciting than the final one *_* unless Netherlands pulls off a shocking performance.

That was a pretty good run by Cacau but the Uruguayan defenders are doing their jobs well. They are all around Ozil.

I so agree with your statement! This match is damn good! πŸ‘ I am not interested in watching finals as Germans are not gonna play it! πŸ˜› But I hope Spain gets it this time! 😊 And Cacau is trying real hard here! Applause for him! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

But man he got replaced! πŸ˜•
Edited by pritirays - 14 years ago
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShadowKisses

I can't help but feel that this match for third place is going to be more exciting than the final one *_* unless Netherlands pulls off a shocking performance.

That was a pretty good run by Cacau but the Uruguayan defenders are doing their jobs well. They are all around Ozil.

I didn't enjoy the match much in the 1st half - except when it started raining - lol both teams looked so hot in their wet clothes! But the 2nd half is much more fun - and I think that's because they're playing such a relaxed free-flowing game.

About the finals: Actually I don't expect a 'wow' final but please NO penalties for god sakes! I hated the 2006 final - I don't like finals where the win is decided in penalties - it just feels so very anticlimatic! That said, both teams will definitely play more guarded as it's the final after-all but I think it's not going to be bad because Netherlands is a very risk-taking team and I'm definitely counting on them to upset Spain's balance more so since they've gone under the radar compared to the greats - Germany, Argentina et all. You know this is the first time these two teams are meeting each other in a major tournament - like they've never played against each other -so maybe Spain ends up having a weakness to Dutch's style of play? Kinda like how Brazil has a weakness when it comes to France and Mexico (which I don't get at all. Argentina beats Mexico most of the time, Brazil beats Argentina most of the time, and Mexico beats Brazil most of the time? πŸ˜†). Though seriously I don't think either teams have a weakness to each other's style of playing - most ppl predict a one-sided match in favor of Spain but I honestly don't see it - because I really feel the dynamics between both teams plays a big role in deciding the result, which is why it makes this final so hard to predict because I've no idea about the dynamics between them since they haven't played each other before... it's a very novel final though - should be interesting to watch how both the teams play off against each other.

GODD! there are so many goal-scoring attempts in this match! Both GK's are proving to do well under pressure!
Edited by ProdigalStudent - 14 years ago
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Okay.. so if this goes to penalties, whose more likely to win? Germany is a PK machine but they also have Butt as the GK and I wouldn't trust him with a kiddie goal. Muslera is decent at blocking penalty shots but gah, I think it could go either way.. *hopes I'm wrong*
Brilliant attempt at goal by Schweini - shame he missed. He's been doing pretty well but Jansen is the real surprise here. Germany with substitutes isn't half bad but I still hope Klose comes on and replaces someone.
pritirays thumbnail
Germany scored again! I am loving it! Awesome awesome awesome! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Its 3-2! πŸ˜ƒ Hope it gets something like 4-2 or 5-2! πŸ˜†
YES! YES! YES! GERMANY SCORES! πŸ˜ƒ - GOD! What a GLORIOUS end to all the goal-scoring attempts!
I hope that they score one more goal! But this is good as well - Germany leading with Forlan scoring one goal! Anyways I'm not going to be overjoyed yet because Uruguay likes pulling last-minute surprises out of nowhere!
pritirays thumbnail
Wohooo! Forlan almost scored! This guy is brilliant! πŸ‘ Nice match! πŸ˜ƒ
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ProdigalStudent

I didn't enjoy the match much in the 1st half - except when it started raining - lol both teams looked so hot in their wet clothes! But the 2nd half is much more fun - and I think that's because they're playing such a relaxed free-flowing game.

About the finals: Actually I don't expect a 'wow' final but please NO penalties for god sakes! I hated the 2006 final - I don't like finals where the win is decided in penalties - it just feels so very anticlimatic! That said, both teams will definitely play more guarded as it's the final after-all but I think it's not going to be bad because Netherlands is a very risk-taking team and I'm definitely counting on them to upset Spain's balance more so since they've gone under the radar compared to the greats - Germany, Argentina et all. You know this is the first time these two teams are meeting each other in a major tournament - like they've never played against each other -so maybe Spain ends up having a weakness to Dutch's style of play? Kinda like how Brazil has a weakness when it comes to France and Mexico (which I don't get at all. Argentina beats Mexico most of the time, Brazil beats Argentina most of the time, and Mexico beats Brazil most of the time? πŸ˜†). Though seriously I don't think either teams have a weakness to each other's style of playing - most ppl predict a one-sided match in favor of Spain but I honestly don't see it - because I really feel the dynamics between both teams plays a big role in deciding the result, which is why it makes this final so hard to predict because I've no idea about the dynamics between them since they haven't played each other before... it's a very novel final though - should be interesting to watch how both the teams play off against each other.

GODD! there are so many goal-scoring attempts in this match! Both GK's are proving to do well under pressure!

LMAO. The wet players are always a treat. It's at times like these where I wish German shirts were better fitted -- like Podolski's. It's always sticking on to him while the rest of the teams' shirts are so loose :( Same with Uruguay, except Forlan's shirt is just right while everyone else has loose shirts.
I'm not going to lie, I have a love-hate (more love than hate, though) relationship with the 2006 final but over all I liked it despite the penalties. I loved the drama but hated that it ended up in Zidane being sent off and in penalties. I've never understood why Brazil are so susceptible to Mexico - Mexico is a good team but Brazil just doesn't deal with them like they handle others. But for the final, the only way I see a mildly entertaining game is if Netherlands doesn't let Spain dictate the pace of the game. If they attack-attack-attack and don't think much about defending unless Spain is on the counterattack, they've got the chance to win and we've got a fairly entertaining game. I hope that sort of happens because if Spain dominates posession, and Netherlands plays defense, it's going to end up 0-1 to Spain and that's boring. They've got such great players but they're so minimalistic in their approach and I think that doesn't make for a good game. Here's hoping the Dutch really do upset their balance but that Spain wins despite it -- because I don't think they're going to end up with a better team to get the WC.
Now that Germany's won third place, I feel so disappointed because IMO, they were one of the most entertaining teams this WC. Sucks that they weren't one of the finalists but they played very well today despite missing so many of their players. Uruguay also pitched in a great effort, though.
Brilliant shot by Forlan! I know it hit the crossbar - but it's pretty difficult to get even that kind of accuracy! And I hate seeing him so forlone and serious! He's been SO good at this world cup... I would even argue he has single-handedly lead his team to the world cup semi-finals after coming last in the South-American qualifications (actually they had to fight for their place with Costa Rica). Forlan BETTER win the Golden Ball!!!

But WOW! What a match! It was so much fun to watch - In a way thought I've to say it helped that Lahm and Neuer and basically the main Germany defenders weren't around because it made the game a very attacking one - with constant attempts at goals from BOTH sides. Had Germany have his original squad then I see them winning by a much higher margin which honestly wouldn't have been as exciting as the constant back-and-forth between both teams πŸ˜†.

And I love how everyone was hugging each other and celebrating in the end - this is why I love 3rd place matches - coz the atmosphere is just wonderful and so infectuous, as there is no pressure to win and everyone plays the game for their love of football - playing for fun - so there are no hard feelings - all the footballers just enjoy the game! It's kind of like the Turkey-South Korea match in 2002 semi-final - it was so heartwarming to watch players from both the different countries hug and shake hands with each other. πŸ˜ƒ Damn! Tommorow's match is seriously going to be anti-climatic after this one! As much as I love Spain - they really haven't been the most entertaining team for me to watch!

A few words about Uruguay, along with Argentina and Germany I've REALLY enjoyed the way they play - they play in such a 'South-American' style which has really been devoid in this WC (though I think Germany kind of played that style today). Plus - they've consistenly made matches entertaining with their attacking style of play - case in point, the uruguay vs netherlands match which i honestly wasn't looking forward to....

All in all, a wonderful match - wonderful 3rd place match!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by ProdigalStudent - 14 years ago
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yay 3rd place for germans
kinda of happy now
i wish they were in the finals tom :( anyway
klose dint play,and couldnt make the record
Germany and their supporters will miss him :D :D
anyway a great match by the germans and uruguay team :D :D

oh yes FORLAN deserves an award...what a playeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer...
i almost though ... "oh damn its in"πŸ˜†

great match overallπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by friends_rock - 14 years ago