Frequent Posters

KhaLidaH thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Always have supported Spain and always will. Spanish team rockez
-kirulicious- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sad that Brazil is out! But glad that Spain is there! Spain will win this time! *fingers crossed*
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The octopus had seen the future and made its choice.

It has been decided that spain will win. :(
I was really hoping the underdogs would do it this time but well done to them for getting to the finals. (wow, I sound like the match has already been played and the winners have already been decided lol)
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@ProdigalStudent: DTSNBN is the disaster-that-shall-not-be-named. Otherwise known as that match against those who come from the same country as Nemanja Vidic where Germany experienced an 'upset' of sorts. I refuse to name it because that makes it way more real. It totally didn't happen.
- - - - -

Originally posted by: spln

^^ i doubt the resident/citizen german fans can support netherlands at all ... of course there's a large number of german fans worldwide who don't share that stringent condition - they could!

LOL. Trust me, even Germans who don't live in Germany would never support Netherlands. No self-respecting German would support Netherlands and vice versa. However bad you think the rivalry between them is, it's worse. There's a lot of bad blood between them over WWII. Plus, if it gives you any indication, a Dutch player (Frank Rijkard) once spat twice in the mullet of a German player (Rudi Voller) at WC 1990 - that Germany eventually won. The referee got involved and it was all very ugly - there was more spitting, a couple of punches thrown around, more provocation and a brief fistfight. Before that happened, the fans on each side booed during the other team's national anthems. Prior to that - at Euro 1988, after Dutch won, their star scorer wiped his derriere with the German shirt he swapped on International TV. And this rivalry has spilled over into recent times too. I remember a sign in the German team documentry of 2006 that banned Dutch players from entering - said something like "Netherlands, exit to the left". Then there was this song like a year ago where the lyrics were to the effect "garbage collectors are the only ones who wear orange". A lot of Germans (or the ones I know anyways) wouldn't support the Dutch even if you paid them.
Ah, good times. Recalling that makes me realize how lacking this WC has been in controversy and drama compared to WC 06. :( Is it too much to hope for a Zinedine headbutt-esque shock from the two remaining games?
Edited by ShadowKisses - 14 years ago
spln thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
lol ^ al that info was such a refresher course indeed - yeh i suppose we've lacked controversy, as on the more 'personal turned ugly professional fronts :P

but i meant german fans worldwide - who don't have o be germans as such, you know?! rare i believe, not impossible!

meanwhile free kicks reign (and rain) in germany v. uruguay already!
Edited by spln - 14 years ago
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Why isn't Klose playing in this match? God, stupid flu! Please he should be given a chance to overpass or at least equal the goal-scoring record - the whole team has said that they'll be behind him for this.

Poor Germany.
ShadowKisses thumbnail

^^ That makes sense :D

Klose, Poldi, Lahm and Neuer are all replaced by others :( I really wanted Klose to at least tie the record or even beat it.
Muller scored :DD GOO GERMANYY!
ShadowKisses thumbnail

Originally posted by: ProdigalStudent

Why isn't Klose playing in this match? God, stupid flu! Please he should be given a chance to overpass or at least equal the goal-scoring record - the whole team has said that they'll be behind him for this.

Poor Germany.

He's out due to a back injury not the flu :( But yeah, I share your sentiments.
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lol you know what I love about this German team is that they'll always expose your backline/defense plus midfield 😆 - and so they've done the same with Uruguay...

So YAY!!! Germany scores!!! And without Lahm/Podolski/Klose there... Which is nice but I seriously wish Klose was there in this game!

I hope Germany wins this one, but since I've a soft spot for Uruguay I want Forlan and possibly Suarez to score goals too, but mainly Forlan. So maybe 4-2 in favor of Germany? I deffo do not want a lopsided victory here...
Edited by ProdigalStudent - 14 years ago
spln thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
lose is out from back injury - its lahm and the gk who're out with flu - massive changes in the german side - but the octupus did say they'e winning =))) - and of course we have that clean chit goal in now!!!

that gives muller 5 - equal to villa!

^^ i meant podolski up there - down with flu- dunno why they changed the keeper though...
Edited by spln - 14 years ago