Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spln thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
netherlands vs spain is indeed a curious case for prediction ... i'm keen to know the 'faithful dear octopus' version this time =)
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: spln

@ bold - esp him ... cesc is going to be second to him in preference :-| ... they could have brought him for a change though ... in time to accomplish something more than wasting time ...

and didn't he confirm barca??? for some reason i thought he did! ... its going to be one big upset for the gunners ... although, they should be accustomed ! - they bring in the young brigade, train them to heros and pack them off 😆

no he hasn't signed for barca..its all stupid rumours...arsenal did reject a bid for fabregas before the world cup started though.......apparently pique is 'tapping' fabregas up and telling him to join barca but for what? theres no benefits because theres a track record of when a player leaves arsenal their careers go down hill...take henry for example..he left a few seasons ago and what has he got? he's hardly played and now he's off to the US.........
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: spln

netherlands vs spain is indeed a curious case for prediction ... i'm keen to know the 'faithful dear octopus' version this time =)

lol the octopus only predicts the Germany matches.
spln thumbnail

Originally posted by: ProdigalStudent

Oh god, had the Netherlands not kicked out Brazil - we would've gotten to see Brazil--Spain in the final.

Anyways, I still can't sink off the feeling that had Germany played against the Netherlands in the semi-final then it would be a Germany-Spain final. BUT, that's only if Germany would have beaten Netherlands, which I can't be sure of.

Ditto with a Spain-Netherlands semi-final - I have no idea how both their style of plays will clash so I cannot make a prediction. Could go either way.

@bold parts - its the tempting illusion of 'what-if' ... 😆 .... i admit spain garmany in the final would have been splendid though ... for records i've been all for spain ... but there'a all those times i want to see germany/argentina win!!! such a hard task to batle divided loyalties 😆 still vying for the spainish to win the cup - but i dunno if i'm half as vexed and anxious about netherlands v. spain - not to underestimate holland ... but, its just not the feeling before a germany v. spain, or a germany v. argentina ... or even a spain v. portugal!
spln thumbnail

Originally posted by: ProdigalStudent

lol the octopus only predicts the Germany matches.

'CURIOUS' i am hence - cause we wont get one, too bad! =)
spln thumbnail

Originally posted by: ansh25

no he hasn't signed for barca..its all stupid rumours...arsenal did reject a bid for fabregas before the world cup started though.......apparently pique is 'tapping' fabregas up and telling him to join barca but for what? theres no benefits because theres a track record of when a player leaves arsenal their careers go down hill...take henry for example..he left a few seasons ago and what has he got? he's hardly played and now he's off to the US.........

enough reason to wonder why they don't stick around, or why the team doesn't hold them back - whichever is the case! henry leaving was big! - and not to much much good consequence as far as the guy himself was concerned, i agree! pity that!
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Perfangel5655

Bad thing..Germany lost and I am crushed. I am bawling like someone died.

Good thing..Spain might actually win this..(which I had hoped from the beginning, just didn't think it would cost me Germany 😭) and for my Germany most of them are very young. So they still have few cups left.

True but I still feel for Klose =( He's probably not going to be a part of the team when the next WC rolls around which really sucks. To be quite honest, I would've liked the team to win WC with him in it. I hope he scores at least twice in the game against Uruguay so that he can break Ronaldo's record and still be a contender for the Golden Boot.
The German team really fell apart at the seams and did absolutely nothing that got them the win against Argentina. Had they played offense from the get-go, I'm tempted to think they would've made it but Spain did deserve it -- kinda miffed neither Ramos or Xabi got that one crucial goal because they were really trying. IMO, the Germans put in a performance that was below the one from the DTSNBN so it was mildly surprising Spain won by a close margin. I surely didn't expect Muller's absence to have this much of an effect.
Oh well, here's a cute video with Schweini and Badstuber dancing that might help cheer you up :DD
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5vi-JoinZs[/YOUTUBE]
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Well done Spain! You were definitely the better team on the day! :) Although Germany had a few chances too.

Not sure who to support now, probably holland simply because they are underdogs.

Anyone heard about this octopus who's been predicting who's gonna win matches? (and from what i've heard has been spot on too! :O)
spln thumbnail
i really like this ad =))))))

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If43IXRiUGQ[/YOUTUBE]

meh! won't show up as a vid here :-|
Edited by spln - 14 years ago
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
^^ yeah me too...gets you right into the mood of the world cup in SA.....