Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spln thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
on after thoughts -

awwww schweni! :( :( :( if only this wasn't a semi!

WHY DID PEDRO NOT PASS?! i wanted torres to come out of the not scoring spell :-| oh well!!! btw, replcing villa by torres was ... err ... intresting by bosque 😆 is fabregas going to end up being the showcase doll for the sidelines - for all practical purpose and intent that is?! i hope we see more of him in the final against holland!

most importantly - delighted as i am with spain going through - didn't i wish for a better semi final game? germans disappointed the expectation of this competition :-| lose defense! i missed the german side who were thinking nothing short of the cup itself!
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ansh: Yeah, Khedira, Mueller, Ozil etc. have atleast two more world cup's in them. And they have so many youngsters. I see them all going very far. Ditto the Argentina NT (if they get a coach who can exploit their talent).

Spain, on the other hand, has an experienced squad - and seriously for this squad - this was their best chance to get to the World Cup finals. So it will be cool - We're going to have a first-time winner on July 11!

This is kind of OT: But Aww it was SO sweet to see Iniesta and Schweinsteiger exchange jerseys.
Edited by ProdigalStudent - 14 years ago
spln thumbnail
yayyyyyyyyyyyy again - spain!!!! 🥳

they're in the finals - i feel so dreamy about it!!! i think i must be the lowest faith keeping spainish fan! - i kept fearing the germans to turn around with a twist until the very end - despite their show of overt lacking today ....

and yes - first time winners sounds good! =) isn't that why so many were rooting for a brazil ouster in the first place? - to avoid 'cliche' 😆
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: spln

is fabregas going to end up being the showcase doll for the sidelines - for all practical purpose and intent that is?! i hope we see more of him in the final against holland!

LOL yes...oh well..when you've got Iniesta and Xavi already playmakers theres no room for Fabregas...This is what will happen if he ends up moving to Barca..sitting on the bench..I hope he doesn't leave because he's my fave player for Arsenal but Barca is his home town footy team and he has said if he leaves Arsenal then he will only go to Barca.....Fabregas has a great car though so wouldn't mind having it 😆
Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
see....the prediction came true. What I said also came true. I don't hate Spain. I can't. But now I have just stopped caring. I really don't care who wins the final. Spain or Netherlands....it doesn't make an ounce of a difference to me. I would have liked to say that I am disappointed in Germany, but I am not. The match turned out exactly how I thought it would be.

This WC is over for me. I am planning to not watch any of the WC henceforth. Its hopeless to expect Germany to ever win, and since I fail to stop supporting them, I should just stop watching WC. Really tired of watching Germany walk out of the semis or final in every WC.

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Now it be interesting to see Holland vs Spain. I have seen holland were really good and i do think they will play good on saturday. I love their passion, hunger, anticipation of winning the world cup.
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Bad thing..Germany lost and I am crushed. I am bawling like someone died.

Good thing..Spain might actually win this..(which I had hoped from the beginning, just didn't think it would cost me Germany 😭) and for my Germany most of them are very young. So they still have few cups left.

ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh god, had the Netherlands not kicked out Brazil - we would've gotten to see Brazil--Spain in the final.

Anyways, I still can't sink off the feeling that had Germany played against the Netherlands in the semi-final then it would be a Germany-Spain final. BUT, that's only if Germany would have beaten Netherlands, which I can't be sure of.

Ditto with a Spain-Netherlands semi-final - I have no idea how both their style of plays will clash so I cannot make a prediction. Could go either way.
spln thumbnail

Originally posted by: ansh25

LOL yes...oh well..when you've got Iniesta and Xavi already playmakers theres no room for Fabregas...This is what will happen if he ends up moving to Barca..sitting on the bench..I hope he doesn't leave because he's my fave player for Arsenal but Barca is his home town footy team and he has said if he leaves Arsenal then he will only go to Barca.....Fabregas has a great car though so wouldn't mind having it 😆

@ bold - esp him ... cesc is going to be second to him in preference :-| ... they could have brought him for a change though ... in time to accomplish something more than wasting time ...

and didn't he confirm barca??? for some reason i thought he did! ... its going to be one big upset for the gunners ... although, they should be accustomed ! - they bring in the young brigade, train them to heros and pack them off 😆
Okazaki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
y didn't Spain play like today...always?? yes, the first half was a bit of a yawn-fest but the passing, ball possession, etc. was top-notch..too difficult for Germany to get by..n if they did..there was always Casillas to stop them. WOW! Sunday's going to be one killer of a match