Posted: 13 years ago
Shreya Ghoshal

Song:
Leja Leja Re
https://sound2.mp3pk.com/pop_remix/ustad&the_divas/u&td1%28www.songs.pk%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
    You are NOT rating the song You are NOT rating how much you like Shreya Ghosal
    You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Great performance! πŸ‘ Her voice was oh so sugary and vibrant, you could feel the infectious smile on her face, which was very much evident when she starts singing "Lae ja, lae ja...." or "Nimoeye hoti hain.....". Her tantalizing tone makes you get lost into the song and gives you goosebumps. The best part, IMO, was when she approaches the chorus, and sings "Aayegaaaaaa....." and leaves that unfinished, I thought it was an excellent touch to the song.   πŸ‘ Her pitch was just right and her feel was spot on. Considering the difficulty of the song, I'll give it a 9!
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Superb singing, Beautiful voice & Lovely expressions!πŸ‘ For me the best thing about Shreya is that I easilly get connected to her mesmersing voice, i mean specially when I listen to this song I just get a feeling as if I am in place of the girl singing. Shreya with her amazing voice has succeeded really well in portraying the emotions of a girl in search of love. Shreya always creates magic.

10/10 from me😊
Edited by Shreyacool - 13 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I loved her beginning. What a sweet and beautiful voice. Omg the guy that sung right after... πŸ˜† Sorry it sounded a bit awkward and out of place.

BUT this is about Shreya. And as far as I'm concerned she sung it so sweetly.

This was a song that required a sweetness from the singer. It was a soft and melodious song. Shreya had all of those qualities in the song to make it very beautiful.

The feelings she had in her voice was just superb! Her high notes were bang on! Her expressions were so good!

Only minor flaw was that the song selection didn't have as much difficulty level as some of the other songs this round for other singers. But her singing was just beautiful. A song that only Shreya could have pulled off so well.

Most of her notes were all perfect! Her pitching was so close to perfection. So many beautiful variations in this song. And Shreya did so well to keep up with it all.

Another impressive song selection. And beautiful sung. Great voice control. Beautiful. But still not quite at Alka ji's level, which is holding me back from giving her a 10 because the difficulty level wasn't as much as Alka ji's song selection!

Final Rating: 9/10

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 13 years ago
Hunk101 thumbnail
Wonderful singing by Shreya! Shreya's melodious voice just so beautiful & clear, the emotions are subtle & in the right proportion, what infact makes the song a truly delightful experience is the sweetness in shreya's voice & her delicate singing. the song just makes the listener feel like going out & getting up wet in the rain.
I think the 2nd half is really impressive, first I gave alkaji a 10 & now shreya too.

10/10πŸ‘πŸ˜›
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This track rounds out the 13th edition of this contest but I think in my books it is a benefit of doubt.

I like shreya's singing. Typical sweet as a honey voice, superb harkats and modulation and great control of sur. But somewhat the tune and singing is not really making a cut above from the other tracks.
This is a typical clean straightforward, sincere and a honest song but not really "appealing". Shreya's superb voice quality cleverly disguises the mediocrity of the tunes. Her scale is typical flat, maintained throughout but modulation could have been a bit better. She gives it a try at the end of the first verse...that's about it.

Another aspect that this track lacks is soul. She somehow tries hard, very hard to lift the dull spirits but does not succeed completely. Somewhere it seems lack of tempo variation is to blame.

I cannot say anything much about this track, yes, it is in my books a "my kind" of a clean song but competition has proven to be intense. Much intense. And in the wake of 4 other superb song selections the effort and difficulty level is really not that much.

Still her voice and efforts deserve a 9/10. But 8.5 is my score.
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

I loved her beginning. What a sweet and beautiful voice. Omg the guy that sung right after... πŸ˜† Sorry it sounded a bit awkward and out of place.

That 'guy' is Ustad Sultan Khan πŸ˜†
Hunk101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: xobile

If I am not mistaken, he is the one who had sung the song Piya basanti re along with chitra. right?
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: xobile

Oh...Haha...It just sounded a bit awkward. LOL! Nothing against his singing!
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hunk101

If I am not mistaken, he is the one who had sung the song Piya basanti re along with chitra. right?

Yeah I think 'Piya Basanti' was from the same album as 'Leja Leja' - the album was 'The Ustad and the Divas' I think. The 'Divas' were Shreya Ghoshal, Chitra, Sunidhi Chauhan. I've heard Sunidhi's songs in the album and they are nice, but not as catchy as Leja or Piya.