Papa Ki Pariiii-Oneshot

Revolutionbreez thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi friends....

This is something On occasion of father's day....

This is non-serial based...I hope you like it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Ladies and Gentlemen....a standing ovation for an outstanding lady, Dr. Samhita Pradeep......... "

And as the hall roared in claps and cheers, the further words of appreciation of the comparer were drowned...

well...but someone like Samhita Pradeep didnt need any appreciation though....

" We all are always curious, that how come Dr.Samhita achieved this at such a small age of 27...I request Dr.Samhita herself, to please enlighten us and inspire us by telling us her story......."

She came beside the speaker gracefully, in her sobre but elegant and classy attire, and the royal way in which she carried herself, increased her stature high up several notches in the eyes of audiences sitting there.

The occasion was felicitation of Dr.Samhita for her work in rehabilitation of the underprivileged women, after she was awarded the prestigious " Padmashree" award.

Dr.Samhita Pradeep Mittal, preffered voicing her name as only Dr.Samhita Pradeep.

A surname gives meaning to your name, your existence....

Surname signifies lineage...

The great backing of your ancestors....

And for Samhita...it was always her father...

That gave meaning to her name, her life, her very existence....

She was proud to be called his daughter...

His backing and support were her biggest strengths....

" My dear friends....I feel obliged as well as flattered on being awarded the prestigious 'Padmashree' award. Because I dont feel I did anything...I mean...I dont feel I did it for anyone else...I DID IT FOR MYSELF. COZ I wanted my papa to be proud of me...."

She looked at her father sitting in the front row, who wasnt able to see her clearly, because of the sheen of tears in his eyes.

Samhita too felt emotional.

She wanted to run away from the dias and reach out to him. She wanted to cry in his lap and say,

" Yes papa, I did it !"

But she chuckled...

" You might be wondering why I laughed, isnt it?? Well...whenever tension, frustration, emotion, crosses a level, I always laugh out, thinking isse zyaada kya hoga? And right now i am feeling very emotional...."

Peels of laughter were heard in the auditorium....

Her dad also laughed, and wiped his tears shaking his head in disbelief, thinking, even in such a high profile event, his daughter can speak like that..

But his Samhita was always like that....

Mature yet childish...

Practical yet Innocent...

Hot tempered yet affectionate....

When she was born, everyone wanted to name her something else or other, as she was the first child of the huge joint family and everyone was so excited about her...

But Dr.Pradeep was firm on his grounds that his daughter WILL be named 'Samhita', which meant ' collection of knowlede'.

" You wanna know why I could achieve all this and why I am so successful??? ", she asked leaning forward, " Coz I am the luckiest girl !"

" And do you know, why I am the luckiest girl???", she continued, " COZ I HAVE THE BEST DAD IN THIS WORLD !!! "

She waited a while as the audience clapped in appreciation....

" HE is the one person, who always showed me the correct path. Whom I have blind faith on...I wont give it a second thought while I do anything he asks me for.....He is an inspiration for me, morally,personally as well as professionally. I can go on and on...but my words for him can never end...And I do realise that I am supposed to say about ME here...but what do ? any description of mine is just incomplete without my papa."

As the people cheered again...she continued....

" I will narrate an incident....I remember I was in 5th std then...one of my aunts was boasting about the charity she did and my mom and everyone else were listening with keen interest, as in a sense, really she did a noble deed.

Now, I also wanted to do something of this kind. I ran to my only resort, my papa. "

Her father smiled as he too recalled the incidence...

" But papa, hamein bhi toh uss institution ko kuch charity deni chahiye na ! hamara bhi toh naam hoga !"

" Pari...kabhi bhi charity naam ke liye mat karna ! Hum agar apne right hand se kuch achcha kare to left hand ko bhi pata nahi chalna chahiye ! Tum hamesha bhool jaati ho ki tum kisi politician ki nahi, ek Doctor ki beti ho ! ", he teased.

" papa !!! " , she cried.

Just then their maid informed that a patient wants to see him.

" No way papa ! Aap bilkul nahi jaoge ! You have to listen to me ! Mereliye bhi toh kuch waqt nikaliye ! jaao ! Main aapse baat nahi karti ! huh !!! "

" Pari...agar kal ko main beemar hua aur jiss doc ke paas tum mujhe lekar gai, agar woh bhi apne beti ke saath time spend kar raha ho, toh tum uss doc se kya expect karogi????"

She was dumbfounded !

" Theek hai theek hai ! par fir main bhi aapke saath aaungi ! "

He laughed !

" Theek hai ! Par tum door khadi rehna, theek hai? Bachcho ka patients ke paas jaana theek nahi !"

"Ohk ! FIne !!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Doc, sorry to disturb you at this hour ! But i needed to thank you ! That time I had no money, even then you treated me....agar aap nahi hote toh...." , a student, residing in that town for education said.

" Come on, young man !!! Bass sirf itna yaad rakho ! Ki agar tumhe life mein kisiki help karne ka koi chance mile, toh bina jhijhak karna, okay???"

That guy smiled and left.

Samhita was left thinking.

She was brought out of that reverie by her father's call.

" Pariii !!! Kaha kho gayi bachche??? You want to do something for people, right??? "

She nodded.

" Tumne pinky ko dekha na?( pinky was daughter of their maid.) woh bhi bahot hoshiyar hai, par she cant afford books....tum ek kaam karo.Apne doston ke saath milkar aise bachcho ke liye ek liabrary start karo....So that they will benifit from it ! Socho tum kitna achcha kaam karogi !!! Aur dont worry about money ! I am there !! "

" Yayyyyyy !!! " , she jumped and clapped and ran to hug her father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Today... I feel honoured to say that DEEPTI (combo of PRADEEP and NEETI,her mom) foundation now are running over 1000 liabraries all over the state...."

There was loud round of applause !!!

" Now, why and how i came to work for underprivileged woman..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samhita was enjoying a walk in the city, along with her mom and dad. They were just having fun !!!

As they were arguing over something, they heard a loud cry...

A girl was crying loudly, asking for help, as she was being dragged by her father. Her mother was begging him to leave her, but he pushed her away and kept dragging the girl.

He handed over the girl to two people,who pushed her in the van and gave him money.

The man ignored his daughter's cries and pleas and gave a disgusting smile as he drooled over the money...

Samhita was disturbed by the sight.

She felt disgusted.

She was very angry and started abusing that man....

Her anger wasnt reduced even as they reached home and she threw away the things here and there and created a complete mess.

Her father kept quiet till then...

After sometime, he went upto her and said calmly, " Pariiii, istarah gussa toh koi bhi dikha sakta hai ! Jis din tum agar ek bhi aisi ladki to bacha pao, ya rehabilitate karo, that day I'll feel proud to be your father...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the auditorium turned silent at this, samhita finally voiced her emotions...

" See Papa !!! I did it !! Now you are proud of me, isnt it???"

Her father nodded as he cried.

" Friends....My papa never TAUGHT me how to live....
He LIVED and let me OBSERVE HIM !!!
Love you papa !! You are the Best Papa in this world !!! And a very happy Birthday to you !! "

The whole auditorium cheered in appreciation........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After attending the dinner, that followed the function,

" Pariiiii....tum mere aur Neeti ke saath aa rahi ho, ya Pratham ke saath."

She just smiled at him and...

" Theek hai ! par jaldi aana !! Pratham...."

" Yes uncle !!! aapki pari ka poora khayal rakhunga aur jaldihi ghar chod dunga !! Fine???"

He laughed and patted his back..." ohkkk !!! Toh fir tum usse leja sakte ho ! "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Kyun jaanu??? Sirf Papa ...papa....papa....Saari praises apne Papa keliye !! Ekhadh do taarif ke shabd apne fiancee keliye bhi nikal deti ! ", Pratham teased her.

" Woh kya haina Pratham, unhone mere sudharne ke examples maange the, bigadne ke nahi...."

" Achcha?? Toh main tumhe bigaad raha hooon... haan?? "

" Aur nahi toh kya?"

He pulled her closer...as her hands went around his neck....

" Toh fir kyun mujhse shaadi kar rahi ho? Wait karti apne prince charming ka ! "

She brought him closer by his collar,

" Woh kya haina...meri ek philosophy hai...

Falling in luv is secret ambition,

Finding true love is greatest tension,

So follow our Indian tradition and

MARRY YOUR PAPA'S SELECTION !!! ", and winked.

Pratham slapped his forehead as she laughed loudly....

" Teri toh....", and he engulfed her in a tight hug.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

DONE !!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Revolutionbreez thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Heya guys...

Waise toh I wanted to post it yesterday...but likhne ka time hi mila...

but I wanted to post something desperately on father's day...coz i love my dad a lotttttt !!!

issliye kuch toh likha hai...

I hope aap sabko achcha lage.....

Aur ek khaas insaan aur khaas wajah bhi hai iske peeche....

That's my dearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  friend  Priya.......πŸ˜ƒ

This is for her....HER BIRTHDAY GIFT !!!

Hey pri !!!

Happy birthday yaarrrr !!

main 23rd ko OL nahi aa paungi...isliye abhi wish kar rahi hoon !

Aur haan...is OS ke saath saath aur bhi kuch hai tere liye !!!

Edited by Revolutionbreez - 13 years ago
Dhara_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Superb tha...abhi k eliye itna hi...baaki ka baad me add karti hun...;)
ronojoy_ria thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
bohot bohot aacha likha haai tune maana 😊😊😊😊😊😊
the story is really good u have protrait the character of dr samhita and her papa dr pradeep very nicely 😊😊😊😊

suhana.dixit thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hi Mana

Brilliant one shotπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
It was really amazing..
Father daughter bond is one of the strongest in the world..Their relationship is quite unique..A father is a guide n a mentor for his daugther...He protects her n she is his liitle girl even when she is married😊
Here Samita is inspired by her father as no1 else..She cant speak a single sentence without his reference..He is her anchor n watever she is today is all because of her father n she can never thank him enough..
He is the most important person in her life who has all the answers to her problems...
words can't describe wat I felt while reading this..😊

Do write such OS more
Bye

Edited by suhana_dixit - 13 years ago
-serenity- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Hey Mana,

Fabulous one shot yaar πŸ‘ πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘ its really amazing ....main jitna bhi taarif karun tumhari   writing skills ke bare main wo kam hi honge yaar  ...loved this one shot...really its a wonderful gift to priya

mujhe samhita naam bahut accha laga yaar ...n the title of the one shot also ...Samhita n her fathers bonding  is so nice..Loved their bonding when she said that "i did it for my self becuase i want my papa to be proud of me"... " My papa never taught  me how to live"...."he lived  and let me observe him"....loved those lines so much

totally its wonderful n beautiful one shot ....great work πŸ‘ πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘itni lovely one  shot ke liye meri taraf seπŸ€—  πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

luv
yogitha

Edited by princessyogitha - 13 years ago
Kool_Naina thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ManaπŸ˜‰

i just loved it yaar β­οΈπŸ‘
i love my papa very much😊 πŸ˜Š  n he is very special to meπŸ˜ƒ n i think mujhe apne papa ko yeh padana chahiye but wo IF par nahi hai πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

u wrote it beautifully n brilliantlyπŸ‘β­οΈ n from me πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ‘ πŸ‘
thnx for pm dear

Luv
NainaπŸ€—

Edited by Kool_Naina - 13 years ago
Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hey mana
this was so sweet of you...did ur dad read this? even i love my dad alot...most of the things posted here are based on love but what we fail to realise is that its our parents who teach us to love, to live and what not.
all i wan t to say is that love ur parents when u are still with them. when we are young, we all want to fly great heights and all, but dont ever leave them there. make them realise how important they are for u. my dad is transferred to some place and visits around once a month...he got transferred when i was 12 now i have very few memories left of our family outings and things i used to do with him...every small gesture like when he used to wake me up, when he would wait in blazing heat for my school to get over, which even angered me as i felt i was old enough to be on my own becomes special when they are not with you.
i think zyada emotional ho gaya na? ok im sorry for rambling, happy fathers day and happy bday to our dearest priya! :D
SurEdited by Sur_Singhania - 13 years ago
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
awesome os ........loved it.

-mango- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
That was just simple... amazing! Loved it to the max!! πŸ€—It was one of the best one-shots I ever read. Sweet, beautiful, emotional, cute, has a lot of morals... just an awesome story. Greeeaaat Job, girl. One of my most mosttt favorite stories now. 😳