Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Dhoomtana is a really awesome song from shreya. Her sweet & young voice makes a perfect fit for this song, loved her voice quality in this song. though she has done better song then this, but right now I am judging this song, I am giving it a 10.

esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Once again, a great clean track with a touch of retro futurism (current track with a hint of 80s-early 90s) tunes to it. Superb on Vishal-Shekhar's part.

Now coming to Shreya's singing. To me, as a listener, she sang superbly, her voice quality as usual is amazing, especially the effort that she made in modulating the higher notes which is required for this kind of a track, read extra energy. Abhijeet complimented her beautifully, with his energetic singing which has been his forte. The song may sound easy to listen at first, but once when we go deep inside it, we come to appreciate some good highlights that shreya has put into making this track a pleasure to listen, only point that the overall effort could have been a bit better.

But, this round has strict competition, so it gets a 9/10 from me.
Backpiper thumbnail
Shreya's voice is truely amazing. On the whole her voice sounds soo adorable throught the song. And I love the naughty touch which she gives in the lines "aaye naa kaise mohe laaj sajna".
I ll give her a 10, shreya rocks!
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow where do all these 10s come from 😆
Not that she doesn't deserve them. She sang really well this round.
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Nice choice..Cheers you up! :)

Not effortless singing, could feel the strain, esp in the fast and varied portions of the song. I liked the expressions she inculcated in the song, though they could have been more enhanced through slight variations.

I think Abhijeet overshadowed Shreya a bit, he gave more expressions to the song, through his smooth voice texture. Some sharp points enter the voice, esp when she switches from the lower note to the higher note. I liked the way she sang the line "Pehnu Main Pyaar Ka Ye Taj Sajna..", there is evident innocence, romance. Overall, a good performance.

I will rate this performance, 8 out of 10.

Edited by somone999 - 13 years ago
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail
Shreya's young & sweet voice always creates some magic, no matter whether its a difficult song like mere dholna or just a simple song like dhoomtana. I really love the way she sang the lines " Kaise naino se nain milao sajna", "aaye naa aise mohe laaj sajna", I just love the kind of innocense & naughty spirit portrayed in her voice, which i dont think any other voice could do so, abhijeet has also complemented her well. As a listener I truely loved her voice quality & her singing. I am rating her a 10.
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hunk101

I dont understand but I think the judging level is being far too strict only for Alka & Shreya, which is really sad. Giving them less points saying that they have even better songs then this, isnt good reason, I mean arent we supposed to listen to this song & judge her according to her singing in this song?

Dhoom tana is such a fabulous song, though its not that extraordinary or very difficult as such, but if u listen to Shreya's beautiful voice in the song & concentrate on her singing, u will definitely feel it deserves a 10.  Though abhijeets singing was also superb in the song, but shreya clearly steals the limelight.

It deserves a 10 for sure!

You're 100% correct. I can speak for myself and I NEVER cut marks because I think they have sung better songs... I mean, Lataji sang 100's of amazing songs which all deserve 11/10 - doesn't mean we will be stricter with her!

But the fact remains that what Shreya had to sing here was not as difficult as what Kavitaji or Sadhanaji sang. That's why Kavitaji and Sadhanaji got more marks from me.

kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hunk101

I dont understand but I think the judging level is being far too strict only for Alka & Shreya, which is really sad. Giving them less points saying that they have even better songs then this, isnt good reason, I mean arent we supposed to listen to this song & judge her according to her singing in this song?

Dhoom tana is such a fabulous song, though its not that extraordinary or very difficult as such, but if u listen to Shreya's beautiful voice in the song & concentrate on her singing, u will definitely feel it deserves a 10.  Though abhijeets singing was also superb in the song, but shreya clearly steals the limelight.

It deserves a 10 for sure!

U r absolutely right !!!!...Dhoomtana is an awesome song and Shreya made it more beautiful ..when she hits Kaise and then comes down ..the transition from high to low notes r so smooth ...It's by no means an easy song according to me  ....Then all fast beat songs will be construed as easy ....

I am glad to notice all these  wonderful comments made by members .....

xobile thumbnail
I get the feeling that the audience is not pleased with the judges this time round...

😭

Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
brahmabul thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: xobile

I get the feeling that the audience is not pleased with the judges this time round...

😭

I seriously don't think this song deserves a 10. At the max 9. Shreya's singing no way matches Kavita ji's singing in Nimbooda.

Talk about being strict Shreya has got some of the highest scores from judges in the past. I remember the scoring in MMKM. She routed everyone there.