Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Legendary singing by Anuradha Paudwal!
Don't have much time but...

True classic. Great singing, all throughout the song. Amazing really. It was flawless, excellent feel, couldn't have been sung any better by anyone. xobile always talks about Alka being the most dominant in the 90s, well that is debatable depending what definition of dominant you use, but Anuradha was the most "dominant" singer in the early 90s, and in every sense of the word "dominant". So true dominance. So I'm glad she is part of this contest. She has excellent voice quality, combined with strong vocals, making her a strong competitor. She is already considered a legendary singer, and is easily one of the best in the past 2 Decades.

Overall in this song, flawless, perfect, and amazing. But this song wasn't that difficult, but otherwise, perfect.

Rating: 9/10

Edited by ssk13809 - 14 years ago
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
OMG I didnt know madhuris this song was sung by Anuradhaji, & i am listening to it after a longtime now, thanx for selecting this song, its really beautiful, & really felt emotionally connected with it while listening to this song & the lyrics are also very beautiful & touchy.
10/10
Edited by Shreyacool - 14 years ago
xobile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssk13809

She sang some hit songs in the 00s as well. To be honest, some of the best "sung" songs from the 00s I've heard.

Yeah - actually one of her best 2000's songs was by Anu Malik - 'Intezaar Intezaar'
xobile thumbnail
I'd also like to share this excerpt:

source: http://www.hindilyrix.com/singers/singer-anuradha-paudwal.html

Since her career was not making any headway, she joined hands with Gulshan Kumar who was about to bring a revolution in the music industry. Her success streak began from the film Lal Dupatta Malmal Ka, Tezaab, Ashiqui, Meera Ka Mohan, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin , Ram Lakhan, etc. Her success in a way set a trend for the singers, such as Kavita Krishnamurthy, Alka Yagnik and Sadhana Sargam, who started getting better songs to sing and through T-series Anuradha Paudwal brought the playback singers into focus. Her new found status also got her involved in some controversies like dubbing songs of her contemporaries' (the infamous dubbing of Alka Yagnik's songs of the films Dil and more recently Itihaas), also her much rumoured affair with Gulshan Kumar. Her dominance in the T-series had fueled the rumours.

Despite the controversies, Paudwal continued to conquer new horizons and winning accolades (Anuradha has won three Filmfare awards in a row for Aashiqui, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin and Beta). She was on the verge of being the next Lata Mangeshkar. Even the legendary composer O P Nayyar commented, "Lata is finished, Anuradha has replaced her." During this period, everything seemed to be working for the singer who left her contemporaries far behind. Kavita Krishnamurthy has always stated that, "Among my counterparts (Alka Yagnik, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sadhana Sargam, etc.) Anuradha is the best singer." At her peak Anuradha Paudwal announced that she would exclusively sing for T-series only. This stand benefited Alka Yagnik who just zoomed to the top with her newfound association with Nadeem-Shravan and Anu Malik, who had stopped composing for Gulshan Kumar due to some differences. As she stopped singing songs for films and concentrated more on devotional and cover-version albums, she harmed her immensely successful career. For almost five years, Anuradha Paudwal did not sing for many films and for any other music company.

ssk13809 thumbnail

Originally posted by: xobile

I'd also like to share this excerpt:

source: http://www.hindilyrix.com/singers/singer-anuradha-paudwal.html

Since her career was not making any headway, she joined hands with Gulshan Kumar who was about to bring a revolution in the music industry. Her success streak began from the film Lal Dupatta Malmal Ka, Tezaab, Ashiqui, Meera Ka Mohan, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin , Ram Lakhan, etc. Her success in a way set a trend for the singers, such as Kavita Krishnamurthy, Alka Yagnik and Sadhana Sargam, who started getting better songs to sing and through T-series Anuradha Paudwal brought the playback singers into focus. Her new found status also got her involved in some controversies like dubbing songs of her contemporaries' (the infamous dubbing of Alka Yagnik's songs of the films Dil and more recently Itihaas), also her much rumoured affair with Gulshan Kumar. Her dominance in the T-series had fueled the rumours.

Despite the controversies, Paudwal continued to conquer new horizons and winning accolades (Anuradha has won three Filmfare awards in a row for Aashiqui, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin and Beta). She was on the verge of being the next Lata Mangeshkar. Even the legendary composer O P Nayyar commented, "Lata is finished, Anuradha has replaced her." During this period, everything seemed to be working for the singer who left her contemporaries far behind. Kavita Krishnamurthy has always stated that, "Among my counterparts (Alka Yagnik, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sadhana Sargam, etc.) Anuradha is the best singer." At her peak Anuradha Paudwal announced that she would exclusively sing for T-series only. This stand benefited Alka Yagnik who just zoomed to the top with her newfound association with Nadeem-Shravan and Anu Malik, who had stopped composing for Gulshan Kumar due to some differences. As she stopped singing songs for films and concentrated more on devotional and cover-version albums, she harmed her immensely successful career. For almost five years, Anuradha Paudwal did not sing for many films and for any other music company.

Yeah as I said earlier xobile, that is true "dominance" in every sense of the word. Not what you say about Alka in the 90s decade, which is debatable depending on what definition of dominance you use. But Anuradha Paudwal was the most dominant female singer in the late 80s/early 90s, and that's true in all definitions of dominance.
What's interesting to note is Alka and Kavita really rose after Anuradha stopped singing for Hindi Films...Just something to note...And this especially applies to Alka Yagnik...I mean, Anuradha could've kept singing for Hindi films, she still was a strong singer, as proven in the early 2000s where she sang brilliantly as well. So I guess Alka Yagnik should consider herself fortunate.
One other thing, she was not classicaly trained. 😛
xobile thumbnail

Yeah as I said earlier xobile, that is true "dominance" in every sense of the word. Not what you say about Alka in the 90s decade, which is debatable depending on what definition of dominance you use. But Anuradha Paudwal was the most dominant female singer in the late 80s/early 90s, and that's true in all definitions of dominance.
What's interesting to note is Alka and Kavita really rose after Anuradha stopped singing for Hindi Films...Just something to note...And this especially applies to Alka Yagnik...I mean, Anuradha could've kept singing for Hindi films, she still was a strong singer, as proven in the early 2000s where she sang brilliantly as well. So I guess Alka Yagnik should consider herself fortunate.

Who? Anuradha Paudwal is not classically trained? Or Alka Yagnik?

xobile thumbnail

Also, Alka Yagnik was the most dominant female playback singer of the 90's as a whole. It's the truth. Face it. 😛
ssk13809 thumbnail

Also, Alka Yagnik was the most dominant female playback singer of the 90's as a whole. It's the truth. Face it. 😛

Depends on your definition of dominant as we discussed many times. However, for Anuradha, it doesn't, she wast he most dominant in the late 80s/early 90s period.
And Alka doesn't have a strong classical base, though I've heard she has some classical training. While Anuradha Paudwal is not classical trained at all as far as I've heard. Just shows once again, you can become the best without classical training.
xobile thumbnail

Depends on your definition of dominant as we discussed many times. However, for Anuradha, it doesn't, she wast he most dominant in the late 80s/early 90s period.
And Alka doesn't have a strong classical base, though I've heard she has some classical training. While Anuradha Paudwal is not classical trained at all as far as I've heard. Just shows once again, you can become the best without classical training.

Really? Anuradha is not classically trained? Well that proves what I keep saying about classical training - you don't need it to make it big in filmi music! 😃
ssk13809 thumbnail

Really? Anuradha is not classically trained? Well that proves what I keep saying about classical training - you don't need it to make it big in filmi music! 😃

Not just filmi music, but not for bhajans and devotional music either as Anuradha has been the master in those for the past 2 decades.