Stand-up comedian Vir Das in 'Delhi Belly'

dilmanzil thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Stand-up comedian Vir Das in 'Delhi Belly'

[quote]Stand-up comedian Vir Das, who is basking in the favourable reviews of his "Badmaash Company", is now looking forward to "Delhi Belly". And he says producer Aamir Khan didn't make things easy for him as he had to undergo repeated auditions before being selected.

"I auditioned nine times in one year. Then every week I'd read (in newspapers) some bigger Bollywood actor had bagged my role. So, by the time I got in the room with Aamir, I was on cloud nine. He's nothing less than a genius," Vir told IANS.

He says there was no interference from Aamir on the sets. "Aamir was heavily into 'Delhi Belly' during auditions and the workshops. After that he kind of set us loose."

Vir is confident he'd make an impact with "Delhi Belly" too. And he has struck a good friendship with Imran Khan, who also features in the movie.

"I can't talk about my role. But I play a character diametrically opposite to the one in 'Badmaash Company'. Imran and I became good friends during 'Delhi Belly'. We're both comedy fans... and had an insane amount of fun doing this film. We all knew we'd never have an experience like this again."

He might have got a good start in Hindi films, but he says his fans are upset that he joined Bollywood, which he had been savagely mocking on stage for years.[/quote]