New article in Indian Express

Same108 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Talking Point with Gurmeet Choudhary

Posted: Tuesday , Mar 30, 2010 at 0148 hrs

Is Geet on Star One your first television soap?
Yes, I'm extremely choosy about my work. After doing Ramayana and then Pati, Patni aur Woh, I wanted to do something that I had not done before.

So what set this show apart?
My character was so strong that I just couldn't refuse. I play Arjun, who is always serious and doesn't talk much; he often reminds me of Amitabh Bachchan's character in the film Mili. The ironic part is that Geet is an intense love story, even though Arjun shows his disinterest for women right from the beginning. The serial is based in Punjab and the spirit of that beautiful state comes out really well during the show.

Do people still refer to you as Ram?
I was lucky that audiences loved me as Ram. During that time people did start calling me Ram but it was also great chance that I got to play myself in Pati, Patni aur Woh soon after Ramayana. My fans immediately saw the real me and realised that I am a good actor. It helped avoid being stereotyped with mythological shows. But people still do come up and talk to me very freely; they all feel that since I played Ram, I must be a very nice and simple person.

Like most television actors, do you want to enter Bollywood as well?
I did do one film, The Cycle Kick, but that didn't get a theatrical release. Slowly and steadily I'm preparing myself for Bollywood and I can't wait till I get an opportunity.

You blog regularly. Has this increased your fan base?
I enjoy writing about what I and my fianc Debina Bonnerjee are up to in my blog. It allows our current fans to be in touch with us and tell us what they like, don't like and expect from us. They flatter us as well as keep us grounded.

After your grand proposal on national television, when are you finally getting married?
This year, for sure.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/talkingpointwithgurmeetchoudhary/597453/2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-GoogleWithMe- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

thanx 4 the article

Edited by jwaleena - 14 years ago
-.Priya.- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanx for d article
bhagwan humare ram sita ki jodi hamesha banaye rakhna please
jai sri ram thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanx !! so they r getting married!!
PC_fan22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks same 4 the article and guru bhaiya u really looking like Mr.Amitabh Bachan.....