Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 19 years ago

No Simran is NOT to be blamed.She tried everything in her human capability to avoid being the reason for Neha's anxiety.OK,may be she was interfering but it was Neha's mistake to work herself up so much.Simran never ever had anything bad for Neha.In fact she told Neha that she got her married to Abhi because she loved him.So Neha knew that Simran was not to be blamed and that she had misunderstood her.It was Abhi who could never get over Simran.He would have been the same with or without Simran's presence.Simran treid to remove herself from their life,didn't she?But did it work?No. Why?Because Abhi wouldn't let her go.That guy is crazy about Simran and that is what ate Neha away.

I can understand Simran's guilt but Simran is not guilty.If anyone is,maybe Abhi,not Simran.If Abhi had not been so crazy about simran,Neha would have no reason to worry.Simran tried to go out of their life but Abhi never let go.

Besides,stress is something we all have to go through in life.And almost everyone pays for the wrong choices in life.Simran did,for marrying Abhi,Abhi did for cheating on Simran,Kiran did because she tried to build a home on someone else's ruins,Urmilla did because she did not recognise the diamond she had...............but dying of stress would actually mean the end of human race.

It's always the survival of the fittest.Death during childberth can happen with or without stress.Here the cause might have been stress,but the main reason was because Neha had loved the wrong man,had tried to make him her own when he wasn't there for the take,and had not been able to accept it when faced with the truth.She wanted it all or nothing and could not bear to live with the fact that the man she loved beyond anything loved in his past present and future another woman and she was not strong enough to accept it.Though it is sad and such a waste of a beautiful young life,she died because she was weak.Simran was deceived in the real sense of the word,where the person who declared his love for her day in and day out was taking her for a ride.Her MIL was then the worst bitch in the world and not one day passed when she did not face some crisis,be it the death of her mother,or the misunderstandings with her sister and the final straw being the exposure of Abhi's infidelity.She survived,didn't she?

Forgive me for being so harsh but I feel even in her death,Neha was self centred,because she had her daughter and her mother to take care of.But she could not live beyond what she wanted and that was Abhi and if she could not have his love,she did not want to live.She just gave up.

queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Minnie! Loved what u said and the way u said it!!

Hell I'm all for women being strong. Simran has been thru such a lot, like her b**** mother-in-law and Abhi's philandering and Manu's crappy secret. I respect her strength of character, and the way she picks herself up every time she takes a fall.

But why blame Neha for getting all worked up? If you see her background and the situation in which she married Abhi, she had every right to be insecure. I distinctly remember how happy and confident she was during their honeymoon... how crazy in love.. how optimistic that now that she and Abhi are husband and wife, he will begin to love her as much as she does. When you're so young and inexperienced with personal relationships, it's easy to make those kind of happy-ever-after assumptions. She has been betrayed more by her own expectations than by Abhi or Simran. But Simran is a close second.

Just tell me this: why did Simran pretend that 'nothing' has happened even when she came to know that neha has observed her clutching their bedsheet and agonizing - did she think she was so clever about disguising her feelings - and why did she not clarify anything with neha!?! why didn't simran get the hint, when neha sarcastically told her that Simran's place was not in the kitchen (the time Abhi left for USA and Simran visited neha and radha with fruits n stuff)? Why did Simran not use her brains, or at least her sensitivity as a woman, to realize that neha might grudge their being recalled from their honeymoon, or Abhi rushing back early for her from the US? Why didn't Simran realize, for example at times when Neha wud refuse to speak to her on the phone.. or when neha stopped wanted to go along with her to places, shopping etc, that neha was only tolerating her presence for abhi's sake? Why didn't Simran, when she was confronted with the truth by her loyal friend manas, even consider that his words cud have a grain of truth?

The problem with Simran's kind of strength is that, I believe, it is built on the expectations of others too, to a large extent. She thought she was infallible cos that's the image she formed of herself thru others' eyes... so I can quite understand the blinkered vision. That dosn't mean it's OK 😕 ... in fact there are times when she behaves positively arrogant and incredibly self-serving!!

Agreed that she has never deliberately set out to destroy Abhi's marriage, nor harboured any evil thoughts. But sometimes actions speak louder than intentions. Despite knowing that she has no claims on him other than being an ex-wife, she did want him to be there for her every time she needed him. Neha, being exceptionally sensitive, sensed that Abhi was only half with her. I wudn't be so harsh as so say that she just 'gave up'... but it's obvious she cud see her whole life stretching out ahead of her, trying to measure up to Simran in Abhi's eyes. Quite a task for those frail shoulders, dont u think?? I don't envy her!!
Edited by queenbee - 19 years ago
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

yes,I don't envy Neha's position but if given a choice of being in either in Simran or Neha's position,then I would definitely choose Simran.

I am not blaming Neha for what happened,but I'm definitely blaming her for trying to be a creeper.Life is just too short to just give it away because you are not strong enough to hold yourself upright.I have seen a plus two level educated lady with a smattering knowledge of english losing her husband in a foreign land,her in laws blaming her for his untimely death,her parents forsaking her because of the burden of a widowed daughter - and finally the lady finding herself pregnant with no one to support her and the inlaws hunting her down for the insurance money paid in dollars.......what more horrible than that?? So easy to just cry and cry and keep thinking why me why me??and give up...not only her own life but that unborn child as well.And I saw that lady survive all that....and bring the small bundle of momento of her husband in the world all alone......

Who doesn't start life with a happy ever after expectation?? But I beleive happy ever after is not what you conceive it to be,but what you make it out to be.But you have to give it a chance.At least a chance.

Kareena's World thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey I DIDN'T KNOW nEHA DIED BECAUSE i LIVE IN USA They haven't showed it yet over here. But partly it is a little of Simran's fault for interfering in Abhi's and Nehas life. If she didn't do that then Neha would of never had that insecurity and changed her doctor
queenbee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

yes,I don't envy Neha's position but if given a choice of being in either in Simran or Neha's position,then I would definitely choose Simran.

I am not blaming Neha for what happened,but I'm definitely blaming her for trying to be a creeper.Life is just too short to just give it away because you are not strong enough to hold yourself upright.I have seen a plus two level educated lady with a smattering knowledge of english losing her husband in a foreign land,her in laws blaming her for his untimely death,her parents forsaking her because of the burden of a widowed daughter - and finally the lady finding herself pregnant with no one to support her and the inlaws hunting her down for the insurance money paid in dollars.......what more horrible than that?? So easy to just cry and cry and keep thinking why me why me??and give up...not only her own life but that unborn child as well.And I saw that lady survive all that....and bring the small bundle of momento of her husband in the world all alone......

Who doesn't start life with a happy ever after expectation?? But I beleive happy ever after is not what you conceive it to be,but what you make it out to be.But you have to give it a chance.At least a chance.

Wow... that IS one gutsy lady. Hats off to her.

Know what.. if I were Neha, I'd never marry Abhi in the first place... it was her own cesspool of ill-timed and unconsidered decisions which sucked her in 🤢

I'm still not convinced though.. that Simran comes out of this smelling of roses. One of the characteristics of strong people shud be recognizing others' limitations, strengths and expectations. She didn't just fail to understand Neha's... she failed to understand her own!!!

What wud any woman with Neha's level of maturity have done in her place? Isn't the resentment normal? Didn't Simran always begrudge Kiran for being the other woman in Abhi's life? Didn't she herself go thru an agonising time when she had her baby all alone? Remember the time when everyone was so busy singing Simran's praises, and how Neha wud look up to her, want to get to know her. Only when it threatened Neha's astitva did she begin to withdraw into her shell.

Childbirth stress-related complications are psychosomatic in nature, is it not? We know that Simran's constant (perceived or otherwise) interference in her life made her fume, fret 'n seethe... (By the way, Neha COULD have told Simran off at any time but she didn't becos she felt she owed her too much. Isn't that indicative of strength??) Anyway, Simran had become the trigger for emotional turmoil, and that translated itself into physical symptoms, which don't go away even when the trigger is identified and removed. Even if Neha could have managed to rid herself of those angry thoughts, her body would take far longer to recover from he shocks... and we all (??😉) know how it is during pregnancy... the mood swings... decreased immunity... What I'm trying to say is that Simran may have thought she was doing the right thing by removing herself first out of Abhi's life, then as Neha's doctor... but the damage was already done.. 'twas just too late.

Still... east is east and west is west... 'n i think people might be sick of my bla-bla.... so lets convince each other over coffee or beer.. which wud u prefer 😉

PS I seem to remember that Simran had a stress-induced premature delivery too... does that mean she was a weakling??? Didn't Kiran cause her unbearable grief which actually traumatized her into early labor?? It's another thing that she survived becos of the economics of the story required that she do so.. lol
Edited by queenbee - 19 years ago
*~sheena*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
whoa.. NEHA DIED? lolz wow we aint no where near that part here.. n wow.. minnie i agree lolz..
Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Overall, i don't think Simran is to blame...she was blamed for Anandi's death in the same way...if Neha hadn't asked Simran all that stuff about do you still love Abhi then Simran wouldn't have asked her to change her doctor (so L8 in the pregnancy) and then Neha wouldn't have faced the complications!!

So i do think partly Neha is to blame herself, but then again she did it to get Abhi & Simran back together!!

😳

queenbee thumbnail

Originally posted by: jem1299

Overall, i don't think Simran is to blame...she was blamed for Anandi's death in the same way...if Neha hadn't asked Simran all that stuff about do you still love Abhi then Simran wouldn't have asked her to change her doctor (so L8 in the pregnancy) and then Neha wouldn't have faced the complications!!

So i do think partly Neha is to blame herself, but then again she did it to get Abhi & Simran back together!!

😳

u mean neha forced herself to die so that abhi and simran cud get back together?? hmm... 😆
Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Not forced...i think she kinda gave up and realised Abhi loved Simran more than her!!

😳

essar2610 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Neha did seem to have a high-risk pregnancy, given her earlier mis-carriage. why blame Simran for it?