IMP: Give Credit Where Credit Is Due

greatmaratha thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi friends,

Do you actually dread such a beginning, almost sounds like a lecture… actually, it is one this time.

Alright now that we have your attention, we would like to bring a few facts to your notice.  We are sure all of you know this, but sometimes, our hectic schedules make us forget a few lil things on the way.

All of us read tidbits, news and gossips from our newspapers, other internet sites and various other places on the net.  When we read it, our primary intention is to share this information with all our friends, to discuss the news and express our opinions on the same.  While doing so, sometimes, we do not give credit or courtesy to the original author of the news.

As a growing family, it is not possible for us to check that the original creator/ author of every articles/ pictures/ videos post has been given credit to.  Posting something without credit to the original author is called "plagiarism" and we are sure none of us want to be labeled as such and for something we don't do intentionally.

Some Do's and Don't s we request you to observe to help us maintain our high standards and ethics.

• If you take an article from any other site, please mention the name of the site and the date on which it was published on the site (if the same is available).
  • The same thumb rule applies for Pictures too.
  • Please however, do not copy pictures from other Discussion Boards or forums like Yahoo forums/ Discuss TV etc.
  • Please do not copy updates from other forums, unless it is your own.  If you have copied any update or any other information or any post from another discussion board or forum, please give due credit to the original author.

If any site or forum has any objection to any articles/ pictures etc. being copied on our forum, please pm Vijay and we will be happy to remove the same immediately.

We thank you for your cooperation in helping us grow bigger everyday.

India Forums Development Team.

Edited by vijay - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
thanks priya
i m sure all wud abide by this
thanks again
heart*beat thumbnail
thanks...i think this is a good idea 😃
.iqbal thumbnail
thx priya.yes u said it true.this thing shud be done.
sumaira.daud thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh Priya Oh Priya Priyaaaaa....Thank you SO SO SO much for pointing that out!  I was sick and tired of pointing that out when I came new to this forum...and no one would listen to me...so I just stopped saying it...but thanks so much for pointing that out!  Hopefully people will listen now...
Athena90 thumbnail
thanks priya! it is important
priyankap thumbnail
thnx priya diiiiii for telling im soooooooo relieved
hope all obey these rules
coz my pics r being copied n no credit is being given 😭 😭
Angad_Kripa_200 thumbnail
Hey thanks Priya for letting us know. From now on we will keep that in mind.

remixrulz thumbnail
thanx priya dii for telling us this....i think its right to give credit to the person hu deserves it and not take anythin for free or take all the credit wen u dont deserve it...
ashiandyuvirock thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanx 4 lettin us know! Will surely keep that in mind! 😛