*2010 Winter Olympic Games - Discuss Here!*

gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

February 12th, 2010 marked the start of the 21st Winter Olympic Games right in the Heart of Western Canada - Vancouver & Whistler, British Columbia.

The Winter Olympic Games include events such as ice hockey, luge, alpine skiing, speed skating, curling and snowboarding . More than 50+ countries are taking part in the Winter Olympic games - ex. Canada, US, India, Pakistan, Switzerland, Australia, China, France, Italy, Poland, and many others!

One of the Georgian luggers,
Nodar Kumaritashvili passed away on the eve of the Olympic start in a tragic accident while training. May Nodar Kumaritashvili's soul rest in peace.

For more info visit: http://www.ctvolympics.ca/

Feel free to discuss any of the Olympic happenings right here!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ROBlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
There like a 30 mins drive from my house lol.
I am Team CANADA ALL THE WAY.
-LilyGurl- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Lucky.
the torch did come to my city but i missed it

Go Canada
shine_bright thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
EEKKSS! I'm going to them!! Leavin' soon!!! Gonna be there for sure for the final games..as well the closing ceremonies!
AmbyCious thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
i didn't watch it but my bf ji and nanad ji frm canada said they rly loved it 😆
gk_09 thumbnail
Canada vs. USA tonight in men's hockey! Its going to an amazing game!

Being from Sweden I'm rooting for them. I wonder if they can defend their gold in icehockey from Turin. I don't think so but I can hope for it.😃

shockalot thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Today's Canada-US hockey game....EPIC...HUGE HUGE HUGE upset - i being one of those shocked and upset Canadian fans...

It's going to take everything Canada's got and MORE to make it to the semi finals now...only a miracle can help us beat the Russians in the quarter-finals...

HOWEVER, if we somehow accomplish that - it is very possible that the gold medal game may just see the two neighbouring countries meet up in a rematch for gold!
gk_09 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shockalot

Today's Canada-US hockey game....EPIC...HUGE HUGE HUGE upset - i being one of those shocked and upset Canadian fans...

It's going to take everything Canada's got and MORE to make it to the semi finals now...only a miracle can help us beat the Russians in the quarter-finals...

HOWEVER, if we somehow accomplish that - it is very possible that the gold medal game may just see the two neighbouring countries meet up in a rematch for gold!

I agree. There was just so many faults with such amazing talent like Crosby, Heatly, Niedermeyer I cant believe Canada still lost. I felt it was Brodeur who was at fault the most. They should have changed the goalie.

Hopefully some miracle can happen and we win against Russia!
shaanz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
dance on ice was so good.......the US team dancing for bollywood music was pretty good