~~~Yami Gautam is all set to fight for love ~~~

preearies7 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
ARTICLE :-

City's Yami Gautam is all set to fight for love in 'Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam'

Nothing new, just love, and plenty of it followed by a trail of caste conflict, ego clash, mohalla gupshup and fight for peace. And at the centre of it is city's Yami Gautam, playing the lead, Leher Mathur in 'Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam'. While we hum the original number, here's a little FYI: to be launched on Colors right after Bigg Boss on December 28, this new offering from the channel plays on small town closed society, love across the road and families at war. It's set in Lucknow against the background of caste politics and class differences. Yami's love interest in the show is Gaurav Khanna who will essay the character of Abeer.

"Let me first assure you that there will no bloodshed, vamps or villains, violence or buckets of tears on the show. My character, Leher, will not be a bechari, subdued, shy girl. She will be just like me, outgoing and bold," shoots Yami, who left Chandigarh for telly-town and is totally into it now. "To tell you the truth, fame and recognition apart, it's no bed of roses. There is a lot of hardwork, that too non stop and no room for a no," she sighs. Is it better than chasing IAS dreams she once had? "Can't say, but I'm still continuing with my studies," Yami was in her first year Law in Panjab University when she was picked by the channel for Yeh Pyaar. "It came as a huge surprise for I was never focusing on a career as a actor. I must've made a passing reference to it as a kid, but that was it. When one has always been a studious academically inclined child, topper throughout, in the merit list for Law, then parents are reluctant to let you go, that too from Chandigarh to Mumbai." But as destiny would have it, Yami made the journey and started with NDTV Imagine's Aryan last year. "Only good work appeals to me, and once you are in this industry, you have to give be an open minded person with a 24/7 energy level. Fame comes and goes, but you have to go on." Seems like a year has wisened her up!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WOW SHE IS A BRILLIANT STUDENT.....................FANTASTIC
QueenAnnie18 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
she is a law student, I am impressed 😃 Wishing her good luck for studies 👍🏼
musatfadking thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow she is intelligent.Wish her best of luck for her career in Law & TV also. Thanks for the article
MariQuestFilms thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Oh wow not only talented actress but intelligent Law student! Am impressed!
preearies7 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
so in the soap Abheer is playing as a LAW student but in real life LEHER...i.e YAMI is a law student...
Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
okay.she z law student in fact chasing for IAS....unbelievable...wish her gud luck...