Sharmila Tagore to play Deepika's Mom in BKB

friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Deep impact

Sharmila Tagore to play an almost autobiographical role as Deepika Padukone's mother in Break Ke Baad

By Subhash K Jha
Posted On Friday, January 29, 2010 at 03:02:44 AM

Sharmila Tagore thinks it's the dimples that qualify her as Deepika Padukone's mother in Danish Aslam's Break Ke Baad. But there's much more to this aesthetic mother-daughter casting than meets the eye.

Sharmila's is a pivotal role, on par with Deepika's. It's the role of a beautiful retired actress, still in her element, who gives up her career in her prime to be a hands on mother to her daughter, played by Deepika. Sharmila, of course, must've immediately indentified with the role as it's strikingly similar to what she chose to do in real life when at the pinnacle of her stardom, she chose to become a wife and mother, putting her exceptional career on the back-burner.

Sharmila said, "When Kunal (Kohli, producer) asked me to do the film, I immediately empathised with the part, which I seldom do these days. It's a challenging role and one very close to my heart. I immediately fell in love with it."

Sharmila added, "I think Deepika and I would look like mother and daughter because of our dimples. But my first question to Kunal was, she's so much taller than me. How could my character have produced such a tall daughter? But seriously, that's where acting comes in. We don't have to look the part but must feel like mother and daughter."

Kunal Kohli said, "My director Danish and I could only think of Sharmilaji for this role. I've been watching her films from the time I was a teenager. Amar Prem is one of my favourite films. When I started making films it was my dream to work with two actors Rishi Kapoor and Sharmila Tagore. I got to work with Chintuji in Hum Tum and Fanaa. Now it's Sharmilaji. Of course, like Rishi Kapoor in Fanaa she'll get top billing in Break Ke Baad."

Deepika

Sharmila Tagore

http://mumbaimirror.com/article/30/201001292010012903024470353707c33/Deep-impact.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Amma jaan! 😳
Their dimples do look similar!
193980 thumbnail

Sharmila and Deepika - two beauties. 😊

desigal90 thumbnail

Dude, they do look similar! Its so weird!

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Sharmila is my favorite actress. I watched few of her old movies and they made me cry so much. It's very sad
qwertyfied thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sharmila added, "I think Deepika and I would look like mother and daughter because of our dimples. But my first question to Kunal was, she's so much taller than me. How could my character have produced such a tall daughter? But seriously, that's where acting comes in. We don't have to look the part but must feel like mother and daughter."

😆

cute..Break Ke Baad is going to be awesome. Imrika!😳

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
I was never too happy about Deepu doing this film.Sharmila has added value to the film and it now it is beginning to look like an A grade project if I may say so!
friends_rock thumbnail
hey even amrita singh is in the movie :O
wow ex bahu and saas together :D
desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: friends_rock

hey even amrita singh is in the movie :O
wow ex bahu and saas together :D

NO WAY! That sounds like total rumors Hiru!
Poor saif will be CRINGING whiel watching his omther and exwife together, lol
He said that even a movie with soha, kareena, his mum, and him sounded like a nightmare to him as a producer, lol
friends_rock thumbnail
^ no no no...... she IS CONFIRMED for it