Mona Wasu (Chat Transcript)

Rahilnisha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Mona Wasu

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actress, Mona Wasu at 12 noon on Friday, July 15, 2005 in Mumbai

Mona Wasu
TV actress

"As an actor I would like to do a variety of roles which can prove me as a versatile actor and its also more creatively satisfying to do different kinds of roles"

Shruti > Can you share something with us from behind the sets of Millee ?
Mona Wasu > There is a lot of masti that happens...when there is a party scene...the entire cast is there together in the make-up room...everybody is playing pranks on each other. We can't stop laughing.

Prince-Charming> What sort of portrayals do you personally prefer to do?
Mona Wasu > I prefer to do Miilee that's why I took it up. As an actor I would like to do a variety of roles which can prove me as a versatile actor. It is also creatively satisfying to do different kinds of roles.

Bunty> As an actress how have you progressed?
Mona Wasu > Bunty Its a slow process ...everyday we learn something especially when I am working with senior actors. I feel that I am getting into the details of the drama and pick up the craft of performing rather than depending just on your instinct.

Sovinour> Your character in Milliiee portrays a very bubbly, lively and a carefree girl. Are you the same in real life too?
Mona Wasu > I am a very moody person. Sometimes I am like that...But as a person I am quite different from Miilee.

Sahshi > Among the roles that you've played which is your favourite character and why?
Mona Wasu > My role in 30 day trial which is a Tele-film .I played a girl called Shailee. It is my favourite because it is a very believable real story and something I could relate to a lot.

Miny > What are the things that you consider now while taking up a role?
Mona Wasu > Firstly the role should be interesting enough and the director and production house should be good.

Amisha > Hi Mona, tell me about your future plans?
Mona Wasu > Right now I am focussing on Miilee ...since I don't have time for anything else. After Miilee I want to focus on films.

Gayatri> Tell us about the off-screen Mona Wasu
Mona Wasu > I live alone in Bombay, which I enjoy a lot. I like having my own space but whenever I have time I love to hang out with my friends. I love travelling, music, reading and shopping. I am from Delhi.

Kkarishma > What made you take up acting as a career? Are you a born actor or did you learn acting from acting school?
Mona Wasu > I always wanted to act. It was not something that happened by chance to me. I have learnt acting while working with different theatre groups and playing different characters.

Shruti > Hi Mona, How is it working in a prime time serial and that to on the top?
Mona Wasu > It's a good feeling .We enjoy it a lot. But the sad part is that being on prime time we are not able to watch our own show because we are shooting at that time.

Mayuri > How did you feel when you were facing the camera for the first time?
Mona Wasu > Of course I was nervous but it was very exciting at the same time though it was just a 2 minutes role in an episodic called Hadsa .

Kkarishma > What was one thing that you learnt from television industry?
Mona Wasu > One thing that I have learnt is that time is the most important factor. No matter what, deadlines have to be met.

Miilee fan > Are films your final destination or will you still consider serials, theatres and modelling?
Mona Wasu > Nothing is a final destination as such but I would want to do films for reasons more than one. I would still continue to do theatre/ modelling / TV if I find exciting roles.

fan > How difficult is it now to move around openly like in restaurants etc. Do your fans follow you extensively?
Mona Wasu > In Bombay it's not much of a problem. There are people who recognize me in cinema halls, restaurants etc but at the most they want an autograph or a photograph and I don't mind that.

Over_the_hill > When did you realize acting was what you wanted take up as a career?
Mona Wasu > When I was 4 years old.

Fundamentally_right > Do you think an actor's popularity is limited to his or her last appearance on TV?
Mona Wasu > In a way yes...because it is a visual medium. If people don't see you for a long time they will forget you because there are countless actors today. However, there are exceptions like Aamir Khan who stay in hibernation for 4 years but it still doesn't deter his popularity.

Miilee fan > Tell us something about your family? Did they accept your decision to be an actress?
Mona Wasu > My family was always very supportive. Everybody in my family is into diverse fields that's because we give each other the liberty to do what we want to do. My mom and dad live in Delhi. My brother is in Singapore with his wife and kids.

Suhas > What goes into enhancing the performance from the one that is given in the script?
Mona Wasu > Basically if you know your character well you come to know after reading the lines whether they gel with the character or not... Its how the actor feels and says it is what makes the performance.

Angula > How do you improve on your acting?
Mona Wasu > TV is like a workshop for me. Every day I get around 10 scenes which have comedy, tragedy, romance...everything which makes you better and without getting stressed out to do different emotions. Usually when you do an intense scene you are too drained out to do a comedy the next minute.

Kkkarishma > Hi Mona may I please have your e-mail address? When is your birthday?
Mona Wasu > [email protected] and birthday is 15th Oct.

Sign Off Message > Bye lovely talking to you guys...I will get back to my shoot now. Take care.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

miileerox4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
thanx thats a really interesting interview, ThAnKu 😛
aqsa hameed thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail