Preview for Monday 13th September 2004

Jayshree thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 20 years ago

Preview of Astitva... Ek Prem Kahani for Monday

Nagma has left manu's house and suddenly the door opens and Gauri stops her. Gauri convinces Nagma not to leave. Saguna and Simran talk of life and betrayal of men in general. Neha convinces Abhi that he should not distances himself from Simran, specially when he can now be a kind of moral support to her. She makes him a call up Simran and tells him to visit her. Gauri tells Manu that he should start working instead of sitting at home. Manu calls Manas, but realises that he is curt with him. Manas asks Manu when he can resume work, but he disconnects the line without answering.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

syreddy thumbnail

I think Astitva is becoming a selfcentered, boring , draging program. When only simran is righteous and only she and her family is always in trouble.

Men are always after her, she is omni present in all the current affairs of the country, with only the best appreciation and awards going for her. And her dad is constantly worried about a 35'ish well settlled succesful lady.

Laugh out loud, becoming a unrealistic program which started so well.

Regards

sy

vinita83 thumbnail
I totally agree with you. How can I person be involved in all the
social issues at the same time. She is too good to be true in
real life.
Edited by vinita83 - 20 years ago
Ashwirya Shetty thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I do agree that Simran has been receiving alot of attention lately as compared to the other characters. Maybe, because she is playing the central role in this soap, so the story is about this woman, who though had personal problems, made a name for herself. I think many women nowadays, are able to devote time to several things at the same time. Simran gets tremendous help from her partner Manas (and now Manu) in running the hospital, and help from Shaguna and family members in taking care of her daughter, so she has time for social stuff.

Manu was Simran's boyfriend during her college days, and Abhi was someone she fell in love when Manu was thought dead. It took her ten years to fall in love with someone else (Abhi) after Manu was presumed dead. Manu is back and he still feels the same about Simran. Since Abhi and Simran are divorced now, I think it is okay if Simran want to seek a life partner/boyfriend for herself. So I don't think they are portraying men falling all over Simran. Anyways, there is nothing wrong in men admiring Simran, after all she is a strong and beautiful person, and hence attractive to many.

In Indian families, parents do get concerned about their children, even when their children grow-up and become parents themselves. Simran went through a bad episode in her personal life, and it is natural for the father to be worried about his daughter even if she is 35ish. I don't see anything wrong in that. I like how they have shown the family as close knit one and are always concerned about each other.

However, there are few episodes that are hard to digest- One particular episode that comes to my mind now, where Simran's sister, Rashmi's, wedding was stalled because Vinay's (the guy) mother was unwilling to marry her son to Rashmi because she (Rashmi) is a widow. It was a little hard to digest that with just one lecture from Simran and Vinay's mother becomes all humble and apologetic and said yes to the marriage. In real life, it is not so easy.