Aftab Shivdasani saying “Aao wish Karein”

sweety_1754 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Aftab Shivdasani saying "Aao wish Karein"
by Venkatesh | 16. November 2009
Aftab Shivdasani the actor turned producer was in town to spend Children's day with kids, granting their wish of meeting him along with co-star Aamna Sharif

Children got more than they wished for by being able to watch a promo of his production debut 'Aao wish karein' a film also in which he is starring. Aftab took time with MyBangalore to tell us what his movie is all about and more.

The children seemed to enjoy the promo of 'Aao wish karein' it certainly showed in the auditorium. What is this movie about?
Aftab : It's about fantasies most children have about growing up soon. It's about this kid Mickey who likes this girl Mitika which is played by Aamna , he's not taken seriously by the girl, so he wants to grow up soon to be able to fall in love with this this pretty neighborhood girl. It's a movie people of all ages will enjoy, well that is my wish!

Your movie bears a stark resemblance to a Hollywood flick 'Big' in which Tom Hanks Starred. Was your movie inspired by 'Big' or is that a coincidence?
Aftab :This movie was not inspired or based on any movie in particular. It was a movie made for people big and small alike to enjoy. May be they have a similar story line.

How has the journey been so far, ten years of acting now production?
Aftab : Over all the journey has been good. Like most journeys I've had my ups and down, as a whole it has been good. I have done things in my style. I co-wrote 'Aao wish karein' and then came the idea of producing it myself and here we are. The movie is done now we'll have to wait and see.

What do you have to say about the public's reaction on 'Acid factory'?
Aftab : We all had great expectations for 'Acid factory', it was a role I liked doing, it's difficult to say what happened at the box office. I have no idea why movie goers never took to the movie the way we expected people to.

Is it true that Bollywood can never make movies like its western counterpart?

Aftab : Not really, Bollywood has made great movies. Its more a question of what the audience here want. The Indian audience is maturing. The average song dance movie audience will be there always but there is this part of the audience that is asking for more than just that. We have a lot of talent in the Indian film industry.

Madhur Bhandarkar seem to have caught on to exactly what you are saying, what do you have to say about his style of movie making?
Aftab: Madhur Bhandarkar is certainly good with what he does. He is never afraid to experiment and that has worked for him and it shows in how the audience react to his creations. We need either kind of movie makers. We have different kind of audiences that need to be catered to.

One wish you would like to make?
Aftab: My one wish now would be for everybody to go and watch the movie 'Aao wish Karein'.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
hmmm i wasted 3 hrs of my life that night
395575 thumbnail
he should say aao milke wish karein ki film kaaassshhhh...thodi bahut chal jaye😆
areejtahir1 thumbnail
😉so sweet u r looking hot.love u sonu affi je