16 Sept-written update

akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
|| Om Sri Ganeshaya Namah ||

A brahmin named Rudraketu, an expert in Vedas, is worshipping Lord Shiv. He sees his wife Sharda crying.
Rudraketu - What happened? Why are you crying so much?
Sharda tells what happened to her when she had gone to the river. There one woman Savitri was pregnant. Her friends were suggesting her to be away from Sharda because Sharda was childless. They were calling Sharda as unlucky.

Rudraketu - Have patience. Lord Shiv will make everything all right.
Sharda - How can I have patience? Wherever I go, women hate me because I have no child and they move away from me.
Rudraketu - Come inside and take rest. I will worship Lord Shiv and pray to him to give you a child.

Rudraketu prays to Lord Shiv with the desire for a child.
Rudraketu - Lord, I always worshipped you without any selfishness. I never asked you anything for myself. Even when I asked, it was for the welfare of people. I have lost my patience seeing Sharda's condition. Lord, please give boon to Sharda that she will bear a child.

He hears Lord Shiv's voice.
Lord Shiv - Dear Rudraketu, come outside.
Rudraketu goes outside. There is Lord Shiv in the sky but Rudraketu cannot see Lord Shiv because the divine light dazzles his eyes. Then Shiv comes on the ground and makes the light disappear. Rudraketu bows to him.
Shiv - You have been worshipping me for many births. You never asked me anything for yourself. I am pleased with your selfless worship of me. I have myself come to fulfill your desire. Soon, you will get the happiness of having a child.
Lord Shiv gave him some flowers as token of his blessings.
In due time, Rudraketu's wife Sharda gave birth to twin boys.

An astrologer - Your both sons will be very mighty and will get boons from Lord Shiv. It will be good if you name one boy as Devantak and the other as Narantak.
As Devantak and Narantak reached boyhood, they were always interested in fighting and in breaking things. One day, they were wrestling when devarshi Narad saw them and came to meet Rudraketu.
Narad - Who are these boys?
Rudraketu - My two sons, whom I got by the blessings of Shivji. Devantak, Narantak, come here. Bow to devarshi and take his blessings.

Devantak and Narantak do the same.
Narad - May you live long. Go and enjoy your game. You left it in the middle.
Devantak and Narantak continue with their wrestiling.
Narad - Pandit Rudraketu, is everything all right?
Rudraketu - Devarshi, I have a worry. I got these two sons by the blessings of Lord Shiv. But whenever I see them, it looks like they have demoniacal and not brahminical nature.
Narad - Lord Shiv gave you the blessings. But you made a mistake and you are seeing the result.
Rudraketu - I did not understand what you are saying, devarshi. What mistake did I commit?
Narad - What was the time when your wife conceived?

Rudraketu remembers the time and realises that it was an inauspicious time.
Rudraketu - Devarshi, I made a big mistake. You please tell what I should do.
Narad - There is only one way. Keep your sons busy in the worship of Lord Shiv. May be that will change their nature.

Narad goes back.

After that whenever Rudraketu worshipped Lord Shiv, he made his sons also join him in the puja. Rudraketu thought that if unruly children are tempted with whatever prize they want, then they become more devoted to the assigned work than normal children.
Rudraketu - Lord Shiv gets pleased very easily. If you wake him happy, then he will give you whatever you want.

Devantak and Narantak did tapasya of Lord Shiv for many years and became youth.

Precap - Lord Shiv gives darshan to Devantak and Narantak.

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desichica thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanx Avinash for the wonderful update!!!
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you for taking my place from now on 😊