Why Gurdeep Kohli refused 'Basera'??:TB

AS.. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Gurdeep Kohli was offered the role opposite Ram Kapoor in NDTV Imagine's Basera. However, the actress decided to give it a miss for few reasons. Check out..

We all know that Pallavi Subhash and Ram Kapoor play a couple, in NDTV Imagine's Basera. But not all know that Gurdeep Kohli, who took over from Prachi Desai as Bani in Zee TV's Kasamh Se was the first choice for the role.

However, the actress who gained fame and recognition thro' Sanjeevani refused to do the role.

Says Gurdeep, "Basera was a subject where I had to start from the point where Kasamh Se ended. Another striking similarity was that I was to be paired opposite Ram Kapoor again, and there was a possibility that the youngsters who played my kids in Kasamh Se could be roped in to play my kids in Basera too".

"I did not find anything different and interesting in the subject too. Hence I decided to give it a miss", reveals the actress.

Gurdeep who has had a successful career in television starting from Sanjeevni, to Sindoor Tere Naam Ka to Kasamh Se is looking for some interesting work on television. "All the shows I have been part of have been hits. Even today, people recognize me for the role I did in Sanjeevni. Same is the case with Sindoor, which created a 7.30 pm slot on the channel. Kasamh Se as all know, was very popular. I want to work, but I want something really different. Till then, I am happy taking care of my home", quips Gurdeep.

Gurdeep who is married to Arjun Punj is also planning to extend her family. "Yes, we are planning to extend our family. Let's see. As of now, I am happy being a responsible house wife. I cook various dishes, take care of my home and am also engrossed in painting. So all this keeps me on my toes", she concludes.

We hope that Gurdeep gets the meaty role that she desires for!!

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luv_pavi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
thnxxx a lottt

saba