People Get a life!!

16zombi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I read a lot of people writing about nadini n shatanu(as the young generation) love story, nothing against these pple........

But guys open your eyes, the story of Basera has a very serious issue about the older generation,

how can you guys be soo insensitive to that issue.

If you want really to watch a love story, ther are a lot of ekta kapoors soaps, go watch it.

plsssss for gods sake dont demean the feel of 'Basera' by just commenting on the older generations and their acting skills.

How many of us are even trying to relate to keshu n ketki, their trial n tribulations during their youth with our own parents life, if not pls think about it.

I dont want to sound like a looser but its just so meaningless, all the time running around love stories and discussing about it!

Give it a thought and kindly opine!

Infact I would appreciate Ram Kapoor n Pallavi subash to take up such a role inspite of the fact that

a lot of younger generation is hooked up to the televsison !!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loveabletwinz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
hey there!
you have a point here, but the thing is, the story has just begun.. the focus hasnt been moved to keshu and ketki yet! and when it is, thats when we'll focus on them.. right now the story focuses on the familie's nokh-jhoks, their happy interactions...and also on shantanu and nandini's relationship...even though the main focus is the family and the problems they face, shantanu and nandini have important characters to play... shantanu, as a lawyer, is definitely going to play quite the meaty role..so when theyre getting their time on screen, i think we should take a moment nd appreciate it.. we'll do the same when keshu and ketki and all the other families are on screen.. dont get me wrong, im a HUGGEEEE pallavi fan! HUGE ONE !hehe! so i absolutely look forward to more of her scenes with ram and just to watch their characters on screen is a delight.. i personally love the scenes between the older couples, i can often see my own parents in them.... its lovely and quite eerie at the same time! hehe!
but yeah, like i said, right now, NaSha should get their due, pretty soon their characters are going to be sidelined.. so no harm done no?
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I believe for Basera to really succeed one needs to show the relationship between families, friends, kids and outsider too. If this is not shown the show would not work. I am guessing Nandi/Shantanu love story is shown because obviously there may come a time when it too is under pressure because what may happen in families. I think at the moment there is not much to grasp on so people are may be drawn to the love story angle.

Having spoken to Ram he did say to give it time for the story to develop. He took up this role becasue this gives him more scope for acting than playing a young romantic role. The show has really good calibre of actors who should all be given chance to showcase their skills and they in turn can also become mentors for the younger actors to gain valuable lessons in emoting from their peers.

It would be good on the forum to have discussion on the issues raised in the episode each day. Like for instance today Keshu's anger against his son and humiliation Ketan felt on being made to apologize to Atish. The Shantanu and his father's scene was also really good...a father being a best friend to his son...filling in for the mother the son does not have. And lastly the verbal abuse of Ketan of Urvasi...there are plenty of Ketan and urvasi in real life, even in this modern age...don't think that just because the guy has gone to college and works in an office he knows how to respect women...this can only come from the understanding one has of the other person and the respect he gives each and every person.