Talking Point With Ram Kapoor

SuganthiS thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Talking Point with Ram Kapoor

Mon, Sep 7 05:08 AM

You return with a soap along with a part of the cast from Kasamh Se. Does it feel like deja vu on the sets?
Only three other characters from Kasamh Se are a part of Basera; there are 40 more members in this team who are new and the crew isn't the same either. So while I share an equation with the cast in common, it's an all-new experience working on the sets.

Given that you play the head of the family in Basera as well, is your character an extension of Mr Bajaj?
I play a happy-go-lucky guy here who is blessed with every possible happiness. He has a great family, good financial standing, he is content with all that he has and unlike Mr Bajaj, he is the life of any party or family gathering. But Basera addresses the issue of living a lonely life in old age when the children consider their parents a burden and refuse to take the responsibility. Hence, my character, as the story moves on, will evolve accordingly.

The cast is a mix of television's old school with actors like Supriya Pilgaonkar, and the new wave, like you.
The cast is fantastic and the veterans bring with them their experience, helping us grow too. However, I would like to believe I am old school in my sensibilities as well. What sets this show apart is the story which does not adhere to any of the recent trends.

So you do agree that television had gotten repetitive?
It had, because every show had begun to revolve around saas-bahu stories and sagas of revenge and family feuds. I am thrilled with the diversity on television that we get to see and be a part of now. The programming is different and entertainment for one and all is now being offered.

Of late, you have been receiving a lot of bad press for your weight gain.
I accept that a few months ago I had put on a lot of weight but I am now working hard towards getting back in shape. I had already lost 10 kilos by the time I did Rakhi ka Swayamvar. Now I aim towards losing another 20. By the time I do the next reality show, you will see me in a new avatar.

What reality shows are you doing next?
I have a couple of offers but I have not decided which one to for yet. You may see me play a host or a participant, the option is open. I am even open to experimenting with adventure shows like Fear Factor - Khatron ke Khiladi.

Are films an option, like your Kasamh Se co-star Prachi Desai?
I have already shot for Kartik calling Kartik under Farhan Akhtar's Excel Entertainment banner. Next is Anurag Kashyap's Udaan. Both the movies are young and urban and targeted for the multiplex audiences.
Dipti Nagpaul D'Souza
Edited by suganthirani - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Thanks for sharing.....he really needs to shed those xxxxxxxxrtaaaa pounds.. all the best for him