Salman-mad fans create chaos at auditions

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
Salman-mad fans create chaos at auditions

This was an indication that Salman Khan has a huge fan following all over India.

The Bollywood star was in Delhi recently for the North Zone auditions for Sony TV's new reality show Dance Premiere League, and 6,000 people turned up to see him. There was so much chaos that the police had to intervene.

Mohamed Morani, creative head of Cineyug, tells us: "We got huge responses at the Delhi auditions. We had expected some 500 people to audition but 6000 people showed up because they all wanted to meet Salman Khan. There was total chaos and the police had to intervene; the fans went so mad that police had to do a lathi charge."

Auditions had to stop for a while and were started again when security was tightened. Morani adds, "Salman was there with the hosts of the show, Eijaz Khan and Sara Khan. There were also Shiamak Dawar and Arshad Warsi, who will be seen playing key roles in the show. Salman selected eight great talents from North who will be the face of the North Zone."

For the uninitiated, Dance Premier League is a new reality show being planned by Sony TV. The show will have five teams from different zones of India (North, East, West, South and Central) and one NRI team competing for a grand prize. Each team will comprise talented dancers chosen through auditions across select cities in each zone.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090911_56
Edited by aysha_65 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bwoodlover01 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
LOL I wish I was there. Who wouldnt want to meet him (face-to-face) glad he wasnt harmed or hurt. The total chaos must be so disturbing!, even though the fans are not to be blamed 😆🤗 but sallu should be used to that kind of attention by now :D
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
lol salman khan is like that everyone want to meet him or jsut touch him once
DEEENCH thumbnail
i would love 2 meet him 1 day!!
luck ppl!!