Amit Jain's Chat Transcript - DO READ

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Amit Jain

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actor, Amit Jain at 12 noon on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 in Mumbai

Amit Jain
TV actor

"The worst rumour I've heard about myself is that I am married. Proposals keep coming but, for the next five years, I've no plans to marry."

Ami_kaur504 > What are you planning to do after you finish acting for (TV serial) Ye Meri Life Hai (YMLH) ? Take part in another drama or officially join Bollywood?
Amit Jain > Well, the plans are to join Bollywood. The role is more important - whether it is TV or Bollywood.

Divya > Hey Amit, is it true that you are going out (seeing) with Shama Sikandar?
Amit Jain > We are great friends and (we) spend most of our day together because of shooting. The probability of falling in love is pretty high. Yet, as of now, we are great friends.

Ami_kaur504 > Do you think Ye Meri Life Hai is heading in a good (right/logical) direction with its plot, presently?
Amit Jain > Well, that's the creative directors stake. I am just an actor and I go and do my job, that's it

Kajal_ronitfan > Hi Amit! Will you ever marry Pooja (Shama)in YMLH? I think you are a great on screen couple! Please tell me.
Amit Jain > Thanks Kajal. Wait and watch that.

Sonya > Do you identify with your character "Ronit" of YMLH?
Amit Jain > Yes, very much. I am in a way as passionate a lover as "Ronit" as in, the attitude is more or less the same. The only difference is that I respect my parents a lot and they are like God to me, whereas "Ronit" at times is very rude to his parents.

Taf_k > There are rumours saying that you are married in real life. Is that true?
Amit Jain > I have actually heard this (question) for the first time. And have no plans to marry for the next five years. But there are (marriage) proposals coming in.

Taf_k > If there's anything you could change in YMLH, what will it be and why?
Amit Jain > I would probably change the way my character was introduced and presented in the first 30-40 episodes because I think the strength of the character never came across as it was supposed to.

Taf_k > How often do you visit your family in Delhi?
Amit Jain > I miss my family like hell and I speak to them at least five times in a day. But I am only able to visit them five times in a year.

Taf_k > Did you have a hard time shooting your sad scenes after your marriage (in the serial) to "Poornima" and when "Pooja" was mad at you after the coma?
Amit Jain > Not really. I really enjoyed that because I never knew that I could cry so well and be appreciated for that!

Taf_k > Which director of YMLH were you most comfortable to work with?
Amit Jain > Apoorva Acharya. The amount of input he had given to my character, none of the other directors did.

Ronit the cutest > Amit, what was the worst rumour you ever heard about your self?
Amit Jain > That I am married!

Cool_gurl > Has there been a moment in your life that you will never forget and if there is, can you please tell what it is? Thanks.
Amit Jain > When I was leaving for Mumbai (from my home in Delhi) for the first time in my life I saw tears in my father's eyes. That will always be the moment of my life.

Nir > Why are so many characters being shown now in YMLH - Akash, Reema, KS, Jayshree Bua and many more?
Amit Jain > To build a story you need lots of characters.

Chats > Which co-star you like to work with in YMLH?
Amit Jain > Shama Sikander (Pooja).

Ronit > Amit, which is your favourite character In YMLH?
Amit Jain > It has to be "Ronit Gujral" and that's a cute one.

Sonya > What was the first break you got as an actor or performer?
Amit Jain > My first break was a Limca ad with Sonali Bendre where she called out to me and said - "Rahul, do you have change for 100 rupees."

Taf_k > Who is your favorite vamp on the television screen?
Amit Jain > Jayshree Bua (Tanaaz Currim). She is cute, lovable yet she a vamp.

Divya > Tell us about any funny incident that happened on the sets of YMLH?
Amit Jain > Once when we were shooting, Rasliklal Mehta (Pooja's father) was giving his shot. It was just me but all of us on the sets copied him one after another and we kept laughing and laughing but the funniest part was he didn't realise it till the end. And the next day, when he came to the shoot, he asked us whether we were copying (imitating) him the previous day. The whole unit, consisting of over 100 people, burst out laughing.

Aashi_9 > Hi Amit! How are you? I m your fan. Are you doing any movies? What is your favourite colour, food, restaurant in Mumbai and any place out side India?
Amit Jain > No, I am not doing any movies currently. My favourite color is black. Favourite food is Dal Chawal. Favourite restaurant is New Yorkers (nachos with cheese sauce). Favourite place outside India is Dubai, a great place for shopping and water skiing and riding sand buggies (motorbikes rides on sand).

Taf_k > YMLH keeps on changing directors. Why is that?
Amit Jain > It's a very usual thing that happens on a daily soap, it's very common .

Jena2 > Do you like your character in Ye Meri Life Hai ?
Amit Jain > Yes, I love it and would give my right hand to play this character.

Misha > Who is your favourite Bollywood actor or actress?
Amit Jain > Actor - Salman Khan. Actress - Kareena Kapoor.

Misha > Are you doing any other serials?
Amit Jain > No, as of now I am training and preparing for films. I am still a student of acting.

Nir > Amit, can we know your birthday please?
Amit Jain > Sure, why not? It's March 3, 1980.

Sign Off Message > Love your parents and respect them. Follow your heart and not your mind. Happiness, smiles and good luck to all of you! Love, Amit.

http://chatinterviews.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1061193.cms
Edited by Human_Torch - 15 years ago