"The Truth Within" ( Short Story) Part V (Ends)

bhoomikauttam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi Friends,

It feels great to be back here with my a new story. The story was written in a day but couldnt get time to post it. This story had a great banner made by my lovely talented friend Himani. It describes the essence of Truth.. Thanks Himani for all the efforst and for makign me feel totally excited as seeign the banner i was jumping in happiness to post my story alogn with ur creative work.

The story is not all abotu truth but about lies as well. Its a short story with not many parts just more than 4 parts but less than 6 parts.. the story is not romantic but it goes thorguh  a pase of truth revealtion in a girls life. Its not complex but its simple though u may agree with or may not.

Its abotu a simple past and the courge to keep the truth within.... openign up th turth isnt the only biggest strength soemtiems holding back ur emtoions and truth is better for few...

hope u like reading.. it just came through thoughts in a flow..hope it doesnt bore u all to sleep..tc

Thanks all my readers n friends.. Himani, Bini, Sara , Jyothi, Golu, Monika,  Jessica, Sumaiya, Vandu, Harika, Nitti, Kittu, Naseem, Nida, San, Juvz, Nimmi, and all my silent readers... 

Bhoomi

Edited by bhoomikauttam - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhoomikauttam thumbnail

The Truth Within

{Part I}

The bottle stopped and it pointed towards Dhruti. Dhruti looked at it with disappointment and getting jittery. She stood up and felt a rush of blood going through her body. Her friends enjoyed the moment. Her boyfriend Sudhir who was sitting along with her tried to convey to her to be calm, it's all a game and not to worry so much. Dhruti smiled, as his caring eyes made her feel better. Friends told her, "Dhruti, we want to challenge you to reveal a TRUTH' so swear on ur parents and say." Dhruti stood there wondering what the question will be. They discussed and put forth the question to her. "Tell us the hidden secret u have kept within u which you never want anyone to know." The question made her feel shaky and even others sitting there were sure of a shocking revelation from her. Her boy friend Sudhir was now worried. Dhruti's close friend Nidhi who was sitting there was also nervous. The game had almost ended with everyone getting a challenge to dare to do something or say truth about someone. Now only for Dhruti things can't be made to stop.

Dhruti thought deeply and came up answering, it almost stopped the heart beat of Sudhir and Nidhi as she confidently without blinking eyes or showing any emotion on face said, "I AM NOT A VIRGIN." All who were present there were a bit shocked as Dhruti always behaved as if she would never encourage anything before marriage. Her office colleagues and friends sitting there smiled, in their hearts they laughed at her and knew how Adarsh type she behaves and in real she is among all of us who can slip for the want of love without considering if a commitment is formed or not. Sudhir was in thoughts and a bit uncomfortable to face the eyes of his colleagues as they looked at him. He knew few guys were wanting to say to him, 'Arey yaar maze bhi karliye..'  

The Game ended, with it Sudhir and Dhruti walked out, he dropped her at home. She looked at him into his eyes and he looked at her. She said, ' I LOVE U.' Sudhir had heard her saying this a couple of  times but he had to force her to say this every time. Today she said without been asked to. He drove back and Dhruti went inside her room. She knew what everyone must be thinking about her.  She was very disturbed; she prayed to God and went to sleep.

Morning 8am and her friend Nidhi walked into her house. Dhruti and she went inside and Dhruti kept silent. She knew Nidhi must have come to tell her the revelation she did, spoilt her image. Dhruti felt she knows herself and won't care what her others feel about her.

Nidhi: U swear on ur parents Dhruti'

Nidhi had a concerned look.. Dhruti looked at her with surprise by the start of her statement ' Nidhi continued,

Nidhi:  Why .. Why  Dhruti' Plzz Dhruti I know.. Why  but..

Dhruti looked at her with disbelief.. and asked her ,

Dhruti:  What..?

Nidhi repeated herself with a stern look now,

Nidhi: I know U lied yesterday' I know that' No one has to tell me that.. I just know it. U lied swearing on ur parents'.

Dhruti looked at her with shock; she was choked and felt guilty.

Nidhi: The moment u were saying without blinking u eyes and with least emotions on ur face I knew Dhruti U were lying. U lie and it never moves u ' Lie for u is a crime which requires punishment and when u say that u say with the belief and approval that u want to face the punishment too. That face of urs made me know u were lying.. but why.. U swear on ur parents.. Didn't u think about them, their life.. Sorry Dhruti but I could not sleep all night wondering why u played with ur life and ur parents life' I cant image what Sudhir must have felt.. u said u r not a virgin when u r.. Sudhir must have felt cheated .. u spoilt ur life for no reason .. and swearing on ur parents.. u didn't care about their life?.. I am just feeling so many emotions about u.. Anger, scared, worried and helplessness confused and just too stressed.

Dhruti hugged her and cried. Dhruti and Nidhi cried for a while and then Dhruti said,

{Part II}

Dhruti : U caught me right Nidhi. I lied. I lied and I lied. At that moment when I was lying, I was completely taken aback by the question. I felt I shouldn't answer but then I did enjoy listening and clapping when others were put across something similar. So I thought to continue there. I couldn't ever say the truth the secret to all I couldn't and I had a choice of either saying the truth or playing along with the life of my parents itself as I was swearing on them and saying… I took the decision to play along their life .. and for that I thought I need to punish myself by playing with my life as well.. I could have lied with anything like 'I killed someone.. that would also be a lie right?… but I wanted to face a lie which will effect me .. when I have taken the toll of wrongly swearing on my parents I thought I have to speak a lie which takes a toll on me. I did that.. I said I am not a virgin, which takes toll on me. If there is anyone, with whom I want to lead my whole life its Sudhir. And I took that risk… I took the risk of putting myself ashamed in front of him.

Nidhi kept silent… and after a while she asked,

Nidhi: Was the truth that huge to swear by ur parents life Dhruti.

Dhruti remained quiet.

Nidhi: Oh ok.. I get it, It may be right.. U don't want the secret out to anyone. I want to respect that emotion within u. U just take care. I am there for u.

She was moving out and Dhruti called her back.

Dhruti: Nidhi when u have come so far to knowing I lied and that lie was better than speaking the truth for me swearing on my parents. I never felt anyone would get that.. Let

me share with u my life's darkest truth, the truth within me which has shaken my life. I guess I need to get it out some day to someone and feel better… U know me well let me make u know the internal turmoil of mine…

Her eyes were moist and had a want to be cared by someone close. She choose Nidhi to reveal the truth within her.

Nidhi and Dhruti sat…

Dhruti: Nidhi I was just 17 years old when my Nanaji expired, we went to our nana's house. Nanaji had left a will giving away the house and jewllery in my name. My Naani was already very sick and cant see as well properly so he had told till his wife is alive she will enjoy the comforts of the house and after her , I will. My parents went to a temple on the 14th day while my Naani asked me to stay back with her. I sat and she spoke, she asked me to take out a box full of jewellery, which I had to keep it with me. I took that and a letter was in it. My Naani asked me to read it. My naani told me her elder daughter had written it. I was shocked as I never knew my mom had an elder sister.

Nidhi looked at her face, Dhruti was going through a choked voice and Nidhi didn't knew whether to let her say or to stop her from going through revealing the darkest truth kept secret within her…Dhruti Continued…

Dhruti: It was a suicide note

Nidhi was numb hearing it..

Dhruti: The note informed she is dieing, she wrote she never forced herself on to my dad.. My naani told me more facts some mentioned in the letter and some that she knew. My dad was coming frequently here for the paper work of some land. His visits increased. My massi who was a widow. Her husband had died within a week of her marriage as the river flowed on to the stone where he was sitting and the stone along with him and his friend were swept away into the river. My dad got attracted to her, her caring nature, her hardworking self. Food made by her was delicious. Dad started coming and bringing some thing or the other for her. My massi couldn't stop her self from enjoying those gifts.. Somewhere she would feel this is not right but later felt just accepting care concern isn't wrong.. she was lonely and a little bit of love suddenly with genuineness made her feel good. My Nana n Naani were also always asking her to take special care of my dad as he was their Damad.. They didn't knew what was stored in.

Dhruti took a deep breathe and continued.

Dhruti: My Massi and dad slowly grew fond and slowly developed a lot of liking. My Massi realizing she was steeping into her younger sister's life felt she should not cheat her sister. She tried to keep herself away from all this.. The more she would get herself detach from my dad, the more my dad would do weird things, which would scare her. He would scream, yell and not have food.. such things disturbed her. They both came on a understanding as my Massi couldn't see him get hurt nor wanted her sister to cry. My dad said he would divorce my mom. My Massi still wasn't sure if that would be right. She couldn't see her younger sister be a divorcee she knew what a life is after ur husband leaves u. She had went through a lot of that.. She wanted him to be with her.. she asked him to inform her sister about their relationship.. Somewhere she wanted to take the punishment from her sister facing what she feels.. how she will stop her husband .. could she was not in her mind.. how she will was that she thought.. My dad told her he had informed and she is ok with the relationship.. My Massi was scared and didn't believe him.. Many times as she herself didn't have the courage she indirectly hinted my mom that my dad was coming too frequently here.. He may forget her as he is spending a lot of time here.. She informed that somewhere my mom should control my dad ….my mom didn't tell her anything.. She kept saying I know.. I know… let him do what he wants… let him.. I cant do anything… I am ok with his priorities.. it leaves me less responsible of the many things he can face.. My Massi was very disturbed but somewhere she knew initially her sister disliked but may be she has given up.. When her sister is taking her hand away from doing anything.. Why is she taking her hand away from feeling awesome about the love my dad was showering on her.. she knew the relationship is not legal… but she had assumed my dad as a lover who cares and does so much for her..

Nidhi could see there was anguish inside Dhruti..

Part {III}

Dhruti: Nidhi.. My Massi and dad were getting quite close. My Nana n Naniji got a hint and tried dad doesn't come here often, even if any paper work was left.. My dad started hiding and meeting my Massi in hotel or guest house.. and slowly they met hiding from the society's eyes.. My Massi got pregnant.. she had aborted twice thrice but this time she didn't want as the day she got the news was Krishna Janmashtmi.. My dad didn't want the child and told her strictly no further argument.. My Massi came here to meet my mom and pleaded .. she came and was for a shock.. my mom n dad both pushed her away saying they wont allow this.. My dad told her she can be a 'keep' and be happy with him fulfilling her needs but she cant think of being his wife.. My mom was glowing with happiness with his words.. My massi was heart broken she didn't want to hear something like 'keep'.. but considered their relationship as beautiful and not for fulfilling each others needs but bonding an emotional attachment too…  She felt him to be a lover and not a mere man fulfilling her physical needs…  She begged literally to let her keep this child.. she got angry when both of them asked her either abort or they will not spare her.. she didn't agree.. The next thing was my mom n dad came to Nana Naanis house saying my massi with someone got too far and she should abort.. My massi told the father of the child was my dad, my dad disagreed and my mom supported him saying.. as they got to know and they are trying to advise Massi she is pointing at them.. as my mom also supported no one believed my Massi..

Dhruti was almost feeling herself to be guilty as she narrated the whole revelation she had faced…

Dhruti: My Dad and mom asked her to sign some papers which were of the land for which my dad use to frequently travel there. .. my massi slowly realised the land was in the name of both the sisters and my dad n mom were scared if she marries anyone else the major part of the land may go to someone else.. There were arguments, false accusation.. but massi didn't budge now..she didn't sign nor did she abort.. My mom n dad did many things, spreading wrong things about her. She couldn't believe the man she loved so much was now without fear lying saying she was carrying a low caste guy's child. Someone who left the village after having an affair with her that provoked the villagers. Her sister whom she looked after and always felt guilty, never wanted to hurt her was spreading rumours supporting her husband. A sign on the paper was what they needed to go away from the village. She thought a lot if she signs will they accept the truth of who the father of the child is she knew they wont, they r very shrewd.

Nidhi: Ur Naana Naani , did they support her?

Dhruti: I asked the same thing to Naani.. she was crying.. and she said.. she knew her elder daughter was saying the truth but when her younger daughter was wanting to be with her husband and supporting him .. the thing was whom should they try ..to sort .. Elder daughters life was already in mess and they didn't support their elder daughter … they felt at least one is happy in her own married life how to spoil that… my massi didn't had any grudges against them as she felt that what she foolishness did was not to be proud of by her parents… she never wanted support from them.. she just wanted her child to come into life… her heart was shattered, her trust was broken and her character was tarnished… One day my Nana and Naani went out and someone locked her from outside. She for hours was screaming for help,. She was hungry,. She was thirsty but couldn't come out. At night Naana naani came and saw her unconscious in the room. She was taken to a hospital and Nana naani gave her some food to eat… within few hours she had a miscarriage.. My Naana n Naani hid from her the fact that the food she ate was prepared by my mom… it was later Nana Nani realised mom was responsible for the miscarriage. Both situations were created by my parents they had locked and served unhealthy meal too.

Nidhi was almost feeling angry hearing it... She couldn't believe Dhruti's mom, aunty whom she respects more than her own mom whenever she had compared both could be so insensitive..

Nidhi: So she committed suicide after that.. and died..

Dhruti: Oh she wanted to and wrote the letter… she was about to jump into the well but Nanaji saved her. My massi was mentally depressed after that and slowly she became very quite.. she suddenly disappeared from the village one day, few people saw her in rags at some place like a beggar sitting ..  My dad proved she was dead in court and took away the land, which was in her name. My nanaji got to know this after the deal was over.

Nidhi: Nobody tried to bring her, search her?

Dhruti: My Naana Naani were very sad they couldn't help Massi out. They knew her only mistake was that she fell in love with my dad and continued it knowing it was wrong. She was wrong, my dad was and my mom too.. but the only one who suffered and who faced humiliation, actually who's life got ruined was my Massi. Naana Naani couldn't do anything.. They searched for her and finally after a search of 2 years they found her. Naana Naani hid this fact from villagers, from my dad n mom. After around 3 years, my mom dad got to know this and mom was carrying me at that time. Dad didn't want the problem again to arise he had declared her dead and had set up a building on the same land. He spoke with my Naana n naani scolding them why they did this. Naani went to meet My massi and she go to know from the mental asylum where she was staying that Massi ran away form there.. Massi's condition in the mental asylum was getting better , she had also started recognizing Nana Naani, asked them to bring what all she likes to eat, she had began to smile and talk with them. But what happened she ran they were confused. They were very upset as they had with great difficulty searched her through the lanes and streets of so many cities and with difficulty brought her and improved her condition. Naanaji was shattered and Naani was in pain. They later got to know my dad opened the way for her to run from there. He had bribed someone form the asylum to do it. Naana was informed by the asylum's nurse when they were crying inconsolably. The nurse was close to them during the stay of massi there. Nana naani can never forgive dad for this. As my mom was carrying me at that time that they didn't take action it was an emotional moment or else they would have taken some serious action against my parents. After that they never met, spoke with my parents. After that they never could know even if Massi was dead or alive.

Nidhi and Dhruti were quite for a while…

Nidhi: Naani told u all this… after so many years …  why?

Dhruti: Naani informed me the wishes which rnt written in the will but nana ji n naaniji always shared with each other. The jewellery given to me were the ones of my massi when she got married, it remained with them… Naanaji n Naaniji wanted me to use the jewellery and also the house trusting me somewhere and wanted me to fulfill one wish of theirs, they knew their elder daughter was not that bad and characterless as all feel or think. They want Massi's name to be taken with a little pride. They want to give something in her remembrance. They don't trust dad or mom to do anything even if they mention it in the will. Naani asked me to make a trust or a samsthan with the money in the name of Massi. That's why naani told me the whole truth in detail.

Part{IV}

Nidhi: U questioned these with ur parents.

Dhruti: In the beginning I was just shocked angry and couldn't believe.. was scared as well. I had a number of pics of massi n my mom together. I collected them and when we reached our home. I asked them who was the girl in the pic along side her. Mom told me she was a neighbour, they stayed close by. I went in my room wondering how to get the truth. I was very upset and thought to directly question them. I went towards their room and heard mom n dad speaking, where dad told her she should have said the girl in the pic is  her sister. Mom replied shrewdly saying why not say she was his 'keep'. Dad kept quite and both went on to doing their work. I now got some truth from their mouth.. I was in tears realizing the two people in my life who r the most important people whom I admire I idolize r guilty of crimes. I still was angry and after few weeks thought to counter them, accuse them and make them commit all the things, they did and ask them to support me in making a trust in the name of Massi. . I questioned why they hid the fact that I had a Massi? Mom dad were in a fix to answer.. In that little argument, I realised one more fact, my younger brother Gaurav he is two years younger to me but he couldn't take my stand of arguing with my parents. I was 17 and he was 15 but he was supporting them saying don't argue don't question them, don't u dig old things… He was continuously telling me that; did mom n dad do anything less for u? No  then why u want to start with why n what mom dad think about Massi who is no one in our life. All went against me didn't let me even reveal the truth which I knew. I somehow felt I may be alone to stand firm in doing anything and if my parents know they will never support me so I thought to give myself more time to think. Actually I couldn't say the whole truth about them to Gaurav as well , he wants to become like my dad , he is the most pampered and loved one in the family and fear for his future if he gets mentally disturbed with all this truth secret of the past…

Nidhi: So this is the truth within u which u never wanted to share with anyone, not wanting anyone else to look into the eyes of ur parents with this truth about them in their mind… U still love ur parents.. U can be against them by ethics not by affection…

Dhruti had tears in her eyes and a smile, as she was very happy to hear it from Nidhi. Dhruti was glad she shared this with Nidhi who is getting the exact feelings inside her.

Dhruti: I admired my father respected him so much. I was proud of the fact that from been a small time crop seller he created such a huge construction business. I loved him through out as he gave me everything I ever asked for, may be much before I asked anything. My dad for me was my pride and someone whom I idolized. My mom was no less, running a women's hostel I felt she was my role model. She is an example of a strong-headed woman. The two people whom I trusted the most; felt I knew them well and thought I will follow them and follow their path were the most strange people. They became strangers to me. My brother whom I loved and cared was protective towards my parents it helped me to realize what I lost was a family in whole after knowing the truth but if I try to reveal the whole truth to Gaurav he may also loose the family .. may be he will believe me or may be he will not believe me, whatever but he will also feel the same. I decided to finish my studies and along side plan for a trust in the name of my Massi. My darkest revelation, the secret truth within me  is the fact that my Dad is a womanizer which I now very well know, as am now opening my eyes observing things better than before, my mom encouraged him and both of them planned & killed an unborn child. They are responsible for ruining the life of a widow and with her also her parents. Nidhi don't u think its better I hide the truth?

Nidhi: Hmmm yaa when it comes to family.. How could u ….

Dhruti: I think I had option either to reveal the truth about them, which will make them look culprits or wrongly lie swearing on them. My friends their parents who know n respect my family would start looking, talking and writing about them with hatred and disrespect. Can my parents at this age face humiliation accepting the truth? Which they couldn't in front of me? I took the risk left now it on God … I don't know if what I did is right… but I don't think I did anything wrong…  I can't let the truth within me about my parents to be seen in every eye when I will face them or my parents or brother will face them. I will keep the truth within me and do what I think has to be done to somewhere try to fulfill the last wish of my Naanaji. Also, do something where the wrong deeds done by my parents can be wiped little with some good deeds by me & my family in the near future.

Nidhi:  What about U… and Sudhir.. U will tell him this secret truth within u and justify urself and clear his misunderstanding.

Dhruti again had tears in her eyes and she smiled as well. Nidhi was a bit taken aback by her smile.

{Part V}

Dhruti: Two people whom I loved cared respected the most broke my trust. And I thought the world as whole was bad. Sudhir and U,  I know both of u from long time. U have seen the change in me where I have detached myself from everyone not wanting to let anyone come close to me… I had you and Sudhir in my life whom I didn't have to give chance to come closer.. u both came without making me realize it… I didn't feel it I literally absorbed it. I always thought to share my inner truth pain with u both but I never wanted to in the end, as I was scared to trust u both to that extent. Sudhir's dad and my dad are friends as well. So it was quite obvious to not let him know of this fact. Nidhi… Sudhir proposed me, I said No as well…. He proposed me again.. and I had to say 'yes' as my heart was in pain to see him in pain when I said NO… I loved him I knew it. I said yes but somewhere still kept him at a distance and we both felt the gap but he gave me time. Nidhi.. I feel so lucky today to have him.

Dhruti smiled and tears flowed away…

Dhruti: Yesterday night I was very upset & disappointed I prayed to God… Closed my eyes.. Sleep wasn't in my eyes but nightmarish as I closed my eyes.. I screamed and freaked out wondering Sudhir left me … now with him not there in my life how will I.. I cried n cried… At that point he called up.. he heard my voice.. asked me.. "U love me Dhruti.." and I said, "I only Love u Sudhir. There are so many things.. I cant tell u all that.. but I really love only u.." His voice choked for the first time… he said .. he feels so nice to hear me show the pain in my voice of the fear of loosing him.. he said, " Dhruti , U said U are not a virgin.. It speaks having a physical relationship but u didn't give away ur heart to anybody else right? I said, " Yes, My heart is , was and will be always urs.." Sudhir and I cried for a while and later he said, 'Virginity can be lost in love, in fun, by force, by choice or an error or uncontrolled self mind.. Dhruti we have been together from a long time.. U have accepted my love and confessed me ur love few months back. From that time I have seen U, known U more n more. Dhruti I know ur character, I can never doubt that. I trust u and this truth made me to know ur past can be there, whatever it be I will trust what u say. U said You LOVE ME .. those words made me realize u love me n ur eyes didn't show an amount of guilt or cheating so there is nothing for me to feel insecure. I wont say I was not shocked or felt bad.. I did but somewhere my LOVE , my heart made me to understand ur side rather than get angry on U… I love u Dhruti.. I still am the same… nothing has changed…"

Nidhi was smiling looking and hearing Dhruti. Dhruti was glowing with happiness though her eyes were filled with tears.  

Dhruti: U both are there for me and nothing else could I wish from God. Nidhi, I will reveal my Truth within me to Sudhir but it makes me happy to know he still loves me. He didn't just thought about what I said and what it meant but he also went into the character I have and the woman I am whom he fell in love, he took into account my eyes which never lie my love for him and he truly loves me.  .. My friend u both have made me to feel if there are people in the world who are fake  who are selfish and not to be trusted .. in the same world there are people who are genuine and good as well. U both have made my life beautiful.

Both hugged each other..

The truth within came out with it one more fact came out that not everyone's life can be as rosy as it looks. Not every Truth said is what it looks like but there can be many things connected which only close pals will know. At the same time even if we know how terrible their life looks or is, there can be few beautiful and precious things they have which God provides to balance them to go through the difficult path of life. If difficulties and worries bother u, there are always ways, solutions which God sends along to get through them as well.  Truth is not simple and every one feels unprepared to face the truth.

It is better to be divided by truth than to be united in error.

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality.

People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true.

To a true artist only that face is beautiful which, quite apart from its exterior, shines with the truth within the soul.

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Once I finished reading, I had two things on my mind; burden of truth and widow abuse. I decided to read once more just to clear myself up. So after reading for the second time, I now have multitude of thoughts running in my head.
There are few obvious observations: How Maasi gets cheated by her sister and her bother-in-law - physically, socially, economically and emotionally, how the truth gets hidden behind veils of false accusations and how losing trust makes her go insane.
Unfortunately, women like her Maasi, are not very hard to find. Though in this case the situation was somewhat consensual, at one point, I felt like she got what was coming to her. Arguably, her brother-in-law did seduce her in the first place but he wasn't being overly forceful. His actions are like a child denied of a toy which is equivalent to a person throwing a temper tantrum.There were many ways to cut it off. She could have told her parents or even her sister but she never did. When she consented an affair with a man who was married to her sister, she beat all the morality and ethical credibility that she would have gotten otherwise. How could she possibly think that pursuing a physical relationship with a married man can end up being semi-decent? I am not sure if she ever really thoguht through the social implications that she and her parents would face if she were to bring a child into this world due to an illicit affair (whatever she believed in but that is what society would brand it as). This is where I kind of lost hope for the Maasi. She was a widow but she was a grown woman. She could have made a better choice. She simply could have said "No".
 If you had ended the story here, then it would have been one thing. But the whole criteria for seducing the lady was for money made me pity the Maasi.
I am not sure if I am right about the fact that the man is seducing the lady because he was aware of the property she owned. I thought his initial feelings towards her was genuine. Just like a man who is attracted to a women. It didn't matter where they stood socially nor did it matter the moral implications of their actions but they gave into that desire; desire to connect. From a philosophical point of view, there is no harm in seeking an intellectual and emotional partner outside the present relationship. One can call them as intellectual soul mate or an emotional soul mate. And that stops at that.
After all the things that she faced in her life, if she had got a little bit of support from her parents, then I think everything would have turned out better than current result. As children, parents are those whom we trust and put our faith in unconditionally. For us, they are our own super-heros. But Maasi didn't get that support when she needed the most. True, it was a fight between the sisters. But the thought that crossed the parents' mind - "At least let one of our daughters' be happy"  is fully biased. Just because their elder daughter is a widow didn't give them any right to support their obviously wronged younger one. No wonder Maasi was devasted when no one believed her. Like I said, I only have pity for her; for her decisions and her perpetual loss in people's faith and trust.
Dhruti's dichotomy is understandable. With her parents, she is torn between the natural bond they share against their immoral conduct. Surely that is a situation where one can be driven to insanity.

All in all, its a very well written story. To be honest, I started reading this because of the ease of flow the story provided and the slightly complex characters intertwined with social, moral and ethical repercussions of the acts that they perform!

Sookie
Edited by Sookie* - 14 years ago
monikaseth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Mind Blowing Bhoomi Awesome Thank You Very Much 
Sumi_162710 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow...Bhoomi...I was so w8ing for another story from u. And after Rajeev's Sach ka Samna...I luved this Sach ka samna as well.😆

I am actually at loss of words....donno wat to say. I felt truth was given a new dimension. The truth that actually lied within Dhruti was so shocking...I cant even imagine how she must hav felt after knwing this nasty truth abt her parents. I am so very angry on them n dont wish to talk abt them n their crime at all. I wud just say abt Dhruti. The first thing that I liked abt her is that she never let her bro knw abt this truth. She had now lost her family from within n she doesnt want her bro to go thru the same painful state she has gone thru. Even if its a lie, she wants her bro to live a lie but be happy.

And by swearing on her parents n yet lying she has left it all on God, that was sumthing nice. I really admire the way she has faced it all.....I mean its not easy to stand by truth, when ur loved ones....or to say the most imp ppl of ur lyf, r affected by it. The matter is actually very complex n I donno how sum1 can cope wid such a thing.....its simply terrible!!!

I luved the bond of Dhruti n Nidhi. Their frndship is really nice. And Sudhir......oh he's a sweetheart. Knwing the lie which according to him is truth, he stiil luvs Dhruti. And when he said " U havnt given away ur heart to any1 ryt?".......that the best thing....I just luved it. Well, Dhruti will surely one day tell him the actual truth.....but the thing is thru this lie she got toknw a truth abt her own lyf....n that is Sudhir really luvs her truly n will always be by her side.

It was said truly that God always provides us wid sumthing or other to balance our lyf. Zindagi me khushiya aur gham ek saman hote hai😊😊

Anyways, glad to read another story from u......its again a wonderful one wid so many things to learn abt. Really enjoyed it a lot!!!!
Edited by sumaiya wahid - 14 years ago
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
bhoomi awesome ff u have outdone urself in this fic as it is very difficult to express a fathers extra marital affair frm the daughters nouth,

an awesome story bhoomi do write more

this time may be another one on raj and swetha
bhoomikauttam thumbnail

Originally posted by: monikaseth

mind Blowing Bhoomi Awesome Thank You Very Much 

HI MOnika dear,
Thanks for the lovely applause icons and so cute they are.. made me feel flattered and quit ebubbly inside.. am so glad dear that u liked it... I was not expectign much comments for this one honestly as its very complex in certain aspects ..not that light and romanctic ... so was wondering chalo jo bhi read karega its ok... hope atleast few do like the concept.. but so glad u liked it dear..

Monika .. u have always been there and encouraged me throguh out... my stories oew u a lot ... my luv n hugs ur way dear...tc

Bhoomi

Edited by bhoomikauttam - 14 years ago
bhoomikauttam thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumaiya wahid

Wow...Bhoomi...I was so w8ing for another story from u. And after Rajeev's Sach ka Samna...I luved this Sach ka samna as well.😆

I am actually at loss of words....donno wat to say. I felt truth was given a new dimension. The truth that actually lied within Dhruti was so shocking...I cant even imagine how she must hav felt after knwing this nasty truth abt her parents. I am so very angry on them n dont wish to talk abt them n their crime at all. I wud just say abt Dhruti. The first thing that I liked abt her is that she never let her bro knw abt this truth. She had now lost her family from within n she doesnt want her bro to go thru the same painful state she has gone thru. Even if its a lie, she wants her bro to live a lie but be happy.

And by swearing on her parents n yet lying she has left it all on God, that was sumthing nice. I really admire the way she has faced it all.....I mean its not easy to stand by truth, when ur loved ones....or to say the most imp ppl of ur lyf, r affected by it. The matter is actually very complex n I donno how sum1 can cope wid such a thing.....its simply terrible!!!

I luved the bond of Dhruti n Nidhi. Their frndship is really nice. And Sudhir......oh he's a sweetheart. Knwing the lie which according to him is truth, he stiil luvs Dhruti. And when he said " U havnt given away ur heart to any1 ryt?".......that the best thing....I just luved it. Well, Dhruti will surely one day tell him the actual truth.....but the thing is thru this lie she got toknw a truth abt her own lyf....n that is Sudhir really luvs her truly n will always be by her side.

It was said truly that God always provides us wid sumthing or other to balance our lyf. Zindagi me khushiya aur gham ek saman hote hai😊😊

Anyways, glad to read another story from u......its again a wonderful one wid so many things to learn abt. Really enjoyed it a lot!!!!

HI Sumaiya,
Awww u were waiting for another story from me.. i was wanting to write one and had another concept which i have half done with .. in btw got this one and wrote in a day and it was done..lol... feels good to know u wanted to read my stories .. yup Rajeev 's show did inspire me little bit... but as i belive its nto always good to let the truth out for the sake of ur loved ones.. soemtimes na.. so this is a slight difference.. here..

This was a complex story for me , i mean whether u all will like or not. will understnad her side or not.. there were many things in it which were not light but a bit complex feels glad and relevealed actually to know u liked and understood the very complexcity of her situation and her life whcih r simple but yet very complex in her own way.. many may say past is past but we live in present with past always inside us...

Her parents am sure DHruti woudl also keeptellign herself she better not ponder in more detial of what charcter their parents grew up as.. what they were , are which she may never understnad or make them realise it.. she is a  daughter and she knows well , u cant get a certian line to cross to target or get even with ur parents... she can never stop herself from lovign them.. with their past.. that the blood relation and the fact that they never did anythign wrong in duties towards her.. yup she has kept the light of lie firign for her bro to feel loved by all and to assume he has the best dad n mom.. that feelgin is of pride and he will grow up with that confidence along...

Yup.. Nidhi understood Dhruti so well and her truth wihtin and cared for her .. thats why came to meet her and know her side... wish people have such friends around no one ever will feel lonely at tall... in life.. Nidhi n dhruti are both lucky to have each other.. am sure Dhruti has her family soemwhere with friends liek her at her side... Sudhir is the charmer yaar.. i mean After knowign him so well even somewhere nidhi may feel jealous of DHruti for havign such a great guy in her life.... SO see everyone's life is not all of sorrow happiness exists soemwhere thats the truth ...

Sumaiya am so glad and happy to liked this story so much and with ur comments i also felt wonderful to know u got the esesence of the charcters .. their graph so nicely and u wrote it wonderfully in ur comments .

Its makes me more than happy to get to read comments from some terrifc readers frineds like u al... i mean with ur mature thinking my stories feel esier to be understand...Ur comments encoraugment feels so much more.. tc

Bhoomi

bhoomikauttam thumbnail

Originally posted by: jyothi_cool

bhoomi awesome ff u have outdone urself in this fic as it is very difficult to express a fathers extra marital affair frm the daughters nouth,

an awesome story bhoomi do write more

this time may be another one on raj and swetha

Hi Jyothi,

Jyothi feels great to get ur comment.. u all have encorauged my writign so mcuh that it makes me to write and pushes me to post the stories here.... Aww u liked htis sotry.. that so very nice to know.. i felt it was a bit complex and as it was not romantic i was confused whther i woudl get much comments.. thanks for commenting and understnaing the story and replying.. Ya it was a bit difficult..even writign wise dad did this.. when i was writing in the flow of the story i was wodnering if my frined tells me this how woudl i feel .. it s bit diffiuclt but a truth whcih is alla cross in ttodays society... 

yup next concept is ready much before this i started that one but have not got time to complet it willl try.. u want RAj n shweta one mroe..lol... let ssee whn i get an idea and write on them..:)

tc luv u
Bhoomi
bhoomikauttam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sookie*

Once I finished reading, I had two things on my mind; burden of truth and widow abuse. I decided to read once more just to clear myself up. So after reading for the second time, I now have multitude of thoughts running in my head.
There are few obvious observations: How Maasi gets cheated by her sister and her bother-in-law - physically, socially, economically and emotionally, how the truth gets hidden behind veils of false accusations and how losing trust makes her go insane.
Unfortunately, women like her Maasi, are not very hard to find. Though in this case the situation was somewhat consensual, at one point, I felt like she got what was coming to her. Arguably, her brother-in-law did seduce her in the first place but he wasn't being overly forceful. His actions are like a child denied of a toy which is equivalent to a person throwing a temper tantrum.There were many ways to cut it off. She could have told her parents or even her sister but she never did. When she consented an affair with a man who was married to her sister, she beat all the morality and ethical credibility that she would have gotten otherwise. How could she possibly think that pursuing a physical relationship with a married man can end up being semi-decent? I am not sure if she ever really thoguht through the social implications that she and her parents would face if she were to bring a child into this world due to an illicit affair (whatever she believed in but that is what society would brand it as). This is where I kind of lost hope for the Maasi. She was a widow but she was a grown woman. She could have made a better choice. She simply could have said "No".
 If you had ended the story here, then it would have been one thing. But the whole criteria for seducing the lady was for money made me pity the Maasi.
I am not sure if I am right about the fact that the man is seducing the lady because he was aware of the property she owned. I thought his initial feelings towards her was genuine. Just like a man who is attracted to a women. It didn't matter where they stood socially nor did it matter the moral implications of their actions but they gave into that desire; desire to connect. From a philosophical point of view, there is no harm in seeking an intellectual and emotional partner outside the present relationship. One can call them as intellectual soul mate or an emotional soul mate. And that stops at that.
After all the things that she faced in her life, if she had got a little bit of support from her parents, then I think everything would have turned out better than current result. As children, parents are those whom we trust and put our faith in unconditionally. For us, they are our own super-heros. But Maasi didn't get that support when she needed the most. True, it was a fight between the sisters. But the thought that crossed the parents' mind - "At least let one of our daughters' be happy"  is fully biased. Just because their elder daughter is a widow didn't give them any right to support their obviously wronged younger one. No wonder Maasi was devasted when no one believed her. Like I said, I only have pity for her; for her decisions and her perpetual loss in people's faith and trust.
Dhruti's dichotomy is understandable. With her parents, she is torn between the natural bond they share against their immoral conduct. Surely that is a situation where one can be driven to insanity.

All in all, its a very well written story. To be honest, I started reading this because of the ease of flow the story provided and the slightly complex characters intertwined with social, moral and ethical repercussions of the acts that they perform!

Sookie

HI Sookie,

Absolutely wonderfully commented dear.. I think u have rightly put across all the things.. I agree with u totally in whatever u have mentioned. I agree the Widow Massi was wrong and ethically we can actually blame and feel angry somewhere as she loved and slept with her brother inlaw and somewhere the villagers getting angry at her , trusting the brother in law and sister seem so right from their point of view. Why would villagers trust her and story as she carried a child even thoguht she's a widow? Dhruti may also feel her  widow Massi is wrong and was not forced but got into a relationship which destorys the family bond... but so was her father the man al;so wrong.. but somewhere we would blame the woman more than the man in our society.. its just more easy to feel her character is wrong... IN many cases in the rural  areas the widow woman is misused abused for their advantage by her own family ..

Massi she is a widow and never tasted love , affection , she was shown the same and she took it and flowed into the wrong path.. she knew she was wrong and she payed the price. In the process she tried to get distant from him but he was not budging and her try to get her sister know and make him stay away didnt work out. I guess she felt the helplessness of her sister to be a blessing or approval to continue a relationship which she always knew will never have a future in the eyes of the society. From the sisters point of view when u know ur husband is wrong, cheated u .. slept with ur sister, why that woman can forgive the man but blame the woman.. its weird but its so common ..  A widow when loved , cared can slip into the wrong path she is weak, somewhere she is alonely too but why should a happily married man get into such a situation.. ?  I guess she somewhere knew she will loose him,her sister , her parents to support her but wanted to live with the child be happy with her lovely memories of been loved cared by the person whom she loved, and have the reflection of the person within herself ...  She started dreaming of a family for her now like all woman.. she didnt knew the root plan... as there was no love for her ever...

About the reality later where money is the root for starting she gets to know , for makign the widow fall for him, so that she deosnt get hitched with anyone... now she is left with no one and she has herself to also blame.. am sure she got mentally disturbed as she must have accused herself why she loved and trusted them...  

U know whatever u wrote is correct and somewhere u dont want to feel sad for anyone... her parents, her grandparents, her massi....  Its the mistakes blunder they did ..but who was guilty and flet guilty here... obviously Massi knew her mistake nad felt guilty and had to go thorugh hell... I think Dhruti and her grandparents felt it more worst when a mentally sick person who hasnt recovered was thrown back on the streets and for a woman to survive on street without mental stabality is so soo difficult.  Obviously there are such people all over the world...

I am just so happy to read ur comments, they were somewhere very very close to my thoughts when i finished writing this sotry. I mean i wrote in a flow and later  i wondered the various complexcity in it.  I am glad that u read and felt the flow of the story was good..and it didnt bore u .. My stories have thoughts in it thats what i beleive, wel written or not but the thoughts to ingnite many things is what pleases me... thanks for commenting, replying ,it was refreshing to get ur perspective on it... and I agree with it... Actually u have very intelligently brought a whole mature outlook to characters graph.  Tc

Bhoomi