What made Amit and Priya blush - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
What made Amit and Priya blush

Amit Jain and Priya Bhatija recently had to shoot a sensuous and romantic salsa and waltz dance sequence for their show Basera on NDTV Imagine.

The sequence was to have Amit (as Shantanu) kiss Priya's (as Nandini) neck. An embarrassed Amit initially refused to shoot the scene as he felt uncomfortable kissing someone on screen and it took the production house all their powers and a good amount of time to convince him to do it.

The actor says, "Both Priya and I were quite embarrassed and hesitant to do the kiss. I have never kissed anyone on screen before and I felt awkward. My family is very Indian and old-fashioned, so I asked the director to change the sequence. Also, my co-star Priya is married, which made things even difficult," he says. "The director and the creative producer from Sagar Arts came to me and finally convinced me to do the sequence. We resumed shoting after an hour or so as it was a very crucial sequence."

Priya adds, "We did not know earlier that the sequence would require Amit to kiss me and get so close to me. I was hesitant as I felt uncomfortable doing the steps. And the outfit I was wearing was kind of revealing, so I became even more conscious thinking how my family and in-laws would react to the whole scene."

Director Naresh Malhotra says the scene was a dream sequence and eventually turned out as one of the best on the show. He says, "Salsa is a beautiful form of dance. Yes, Amit and Priya were hesitant initially but after making them understand the importance of the scene, they both agreed to do it."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090901_6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luv_pavi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

ahh can't wait now well thnxxx

saba
P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Awww
cool
can't wait to watch
Angel-A thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
'cant wait to watch it..:):)
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thats cooooll.........when is it going to air.....