shais thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Salam everyone and ramadan Mubarak!!!
I have som question and i need ur help:
being a muslim can we work in a bank as few people says it's harram????
being a muslim can we work as a financial ingenior???
please help me , i need the answers urgently!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hmmm... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Assalam-o-Alaikum

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is "no" to both questions.

I recently asked this question to Sheikh AbdulBary from Almaghrib institute. Since any kind of dealing with interest is HARAM, he said it is not permissible to work at a bank because you will be dealing with interest on daily basis plus your income will be coming from the profits earned through interest. Even if u work as a recruiter/HR manager at a bank, you will still be hiring people who are explicitly dealing with interest.

I would assume the same thing applies to working as a financial engineer. BUT if you can find a bank that does ONLY ISLAMIC BANKING, then inshaAllah it is okayyyyyyy. But in America and even in Muslim countries like Pakistan, interest is so widespread in all the banks. It is hard to find a financial institution that does Islamic banking only. So if you can find that, then inshaAllah working at that kind of a bank (Islamic bank) would be okay.

And Allah knows best. May Allah forgive me if I made any mistake in explaining this matter to you and May Allah help you in making the right decision. Ameen.
maheen55 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i think u get ur answers
Edited by maheen55 - 15 years ago