A Non-Muslim Women Experience with HIJAB !

kingallahslave thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I walked down the street in my long white dress and inch-long, black hair one afternoon, and truck drivers whistled and shouted obscenities at me. I felt defeated. I had just stepped out of a hair salon. I had cut my hair short, telling the hairdresser to trim it as she would a cut a man's hair.I sat numbly as my hairdresser skillfully sheared into my shoulder-length hair with her scissors, asking me with every inch she cut off if; I was freaking out yet. I wasn't freaking out, but I felt self-mutilated.

I believe that men who see women as only bad word is not allowed beings often commit violence against them, such as rape and battery. bad word is not allowed abuse and assault are not only my fears, but my reality.

I was molested and raped. My experiences with men who violated me have made me angry and frustrated.

How do I stop the violence? How do I prevent men from seeing me as an object rather than a female? How do I stop them from equating the two? How do I proceed with life after experiencing what others only dread? The experiences have left me with questions about my identity. Am I just another Chinese-American female? I used to think that I have to arrive at a conclusion about who I am, but now I realize that my identity is constantly evolving in .

MY EXPERIENCE OF BEING ?HIJABED?

READ MORE HERE !

http://islamgreatreligion.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/a-non-muslim-woman-experiments-with-hijab/