New kid on the block .......article

Koyel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
New kid on the block .......article

Suzanna Mukherjee, who last entertained TV audiences in Roadies 6.0, will make her acting debut with the Sagar Arts show Basera on NDTV Imagine.

She says she never planned on becoming an actress but the show's strong plot drew her to the role. She auditioned for the part, and bagged it. "I play a character called Ujjawala, who is the opposite of her sister. She is the daughter of Akshay Anand and Resham Tipnis, she is rebellious and always fights with her mother. It's a contemporary role."

The debutante is enjoying working with senior actors Ram Kapoor, Pallavi Subhash and Akshay Anand "In the serial they are older, but off-screen they are just the opposite; they make the set lively, especially Akshay Anand and Ram Kapoor with their jokes."

Suzanna works for a production house in Mumbai, but says that as she is needed for only 10-12 days, the time off won't be a problem.

Find out more about this beauty:

Birth date: November 1, 1986

Interests: Reading, dancing and, sometimes, cooking

When did the acting bug bite? There is nothing like that, and my field is completely different.

Favourite actor: Aamir Khan

Favourite actress: Priyanka Chopra. She has really proved herself despite not without having a godfather.

Favourite film: Dil Chahta Hai, Rang De Basanti, Chak De! India

A role you would love to reprise: I really don't have any idea because it's not my main goal.

Did you attend acting classes? No.

Preconceived notion of the TV industry: Before shooting for this serial, I thought acting was so easy, but it's not easy, especially shooting for long hours. I admire actors who shoot for almost 12 hours a day with heavy make-up.

If not an actor: A producer. It's my goal to open a production house, so let's see
http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090818_93
Pls delete.......if alrdy postd