Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
While doing your own research, has anyone come across a Rani Nagmati in history?

I've come across the below:

The articles mention Padmavat and that Nagmati was Rana's first wife.

🤔
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for that!

I guess if we all get hands on a copy of the Padmavat by Jayasi and get to read it, I'm sure we can find out what the truth is, I mean, the show wouldn't lie about it would they? They only lied about the ending as they didn't have the time to show everything....
Jenifer. thumbnail
That's exactly what I thought. The Nitin Desai wouldn't add Nagmati (who is in a way one of the central characters) just because he felt like it. Nagmati must be a real historical figure. Just not a known one as Padmini gloried over her.

Although certain events in the show were changed. E.g., Khilji's encounter with Chetan Raghav.
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Jenifer.

While doing your own research, has anyone come across a Rani Nagmati in history?

I've come across the below:

The articles mention Padmavat and that Nagmati was Rana's first wife.
🤔

da link 2 article u hav given i saw it & i found dis article is taken from Jayasi's Padmavat. actually dis epic is in da form of literature like kalidas's creations & its da mixture of facts ,fiction & mythology.
Padmavat did mention Nagmati as Ratan Singh's wife & sumoder Rajsathani folklores abt it named her as Prabhavati but in history books which r 4 syllbus never mentioned nagmati or anyoder woman as his wife & only Padmini was mentioned.it also says dat Ratan Singh died due 2 wounds he got in da duel wid sum oder king who asked Padmini 2 cum 2 him after Khilji captured Ratan Singh & he fought wid dat king after rescued from Khilji by Gora & Badal who died while rescuing him. but in history books its said dat after getting rescued from Khilji Ratan Singh alongwid his soldiers fought wid Khilji & died while Padmini alongwid oder women of da fort commited johur.

if still there is confusion i"ll try 2 get it verified from oder history books. 
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Jenifer.

That's exactly what I thought. The Nitin Desai wouldn't add Nagmati (who is in a way one of the central characters) just because he felt like it. Nagmati must be a real historical figure. Just not a known one as Padmini gloried over her.

Although certain events in the show were changed. E.g., Khilji's encounter with Chetan Raghav.

How did that encounter happen then?😳⭐️
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
It is on wikipedia, try checking the Padmini article.

Also you can ask questions in the help desk.
Edited by sattvik - 14 years ago
Jenifer. thumbnail
Here's the link:

It's an err, 'interesting' read.
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks. I found another story about Rani Padmini on wikipedia..will post the link soon. Thats why I was confused about the encounter.
pink_lillies thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i really loved this show. it was my favourite as it took us back in time when pride and self-respect were more important than life itself. i was really sad and disappointed when they abruptly ended this beautiful piece of history while all other senseless shows go on.
seems like historicals R losing appeal