*|*:: Sensational Sunita ::*|*

faiza2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
*|*:: Sensational Sunita ::*|*

Sunita Marshal is the darling of the fashion world. The minute she enters someplace, shutterbugs get to working without a minute's delay. After all, who wants to miss an opportunity of interacting with one of the sexiest models of Pakistan?
The girl has not only proved to be a ramp sensation but an equally talented actor as has been witnessed in the many TV serials. Presently, she is doing a good job of balancing her professional and personal life. Here are excerpts of an interview we conducted about her tryst with modelling.

AK- How much do you feel for a particular brand when you are modeling for it?
SM- Models are usually playing for the money when it comes to being in an ad campaign. That is because the awareness level was quite low in the past couple of years about a brand's presence and importance in the market. Right now, it feels exciting to work for a good brand which has a strong presence and pers
onality.

AK- What sort of a contribution can a model make towards the fashion industry?

SM- A model is one of the key elements of the fashion industry. It's like fire, soil, air and water all combining to the power of "Earth." Like Fire, we are one of the elements as well. This industry lacks education and awareness amongst models and designers which creates a bad impression sometimes; otherwise a model is the heart and soul of the industry.

AK- The industry obviously has given you a lot making you one of its supermodels, how do you think you can payback?
SM- I don't think I can ever pay back like the way the industry has treated me and made me come to the top. But of course I can always offer my services and try to be there as much as I can; the main part is not to disappoint anyone especially our seniors.

AK- Do you think our models have the capacity of matching the best in this business elsewhere in the world or even our neighbors India?

SM- We cannot ever doubt the competence of our industry since we try and groom the best of the best but I feel that it will take us time to match the standards of European countries or even our neighbors India.

AK- Do you think our industry or market is big enough to give our models the opportunity to do that?
SM- Oh yes definitely! The industry is growing day by day and many people are being inducted into it as well.

AK- Is modelling a lucrative business? What's the commercial aspect of modelling besides the fame and glamour factor?
SM- Modelling is a very lucrative business. I think most of the models are in it for the money and less for the fame and glamour part of it. We aren't perceived correctly by people. We are normal girls trying to support our families through our earnings and that is not easy but we still try hard to make a living and until now it's been one heck of a wonderful ride.

AK- What has been the contribution of models in the success of brands?
SM- Contribution would be a very strong word I believe. I think it is the other way around. Brands have contributed to our success.

AK- Is modelling a hobby or a profession for you?
SM- I take modelling very seriously and of course it is my profession. It is my only source of bread and butter. I have been in the industry for the past seven years and feel that our society has changed quite a bit. When we meet people they look upon us models with excitement and pride which is very encouraging. And it feels really good to be noticed and appreciated as a star.