Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-simi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
HI GG! i think i've been around when u are but i was pretty inactive for the past month so i dont think i said hi to u 😃
yea watched a youtube vid on it... but it was only news, no clipings were shown... its quite rediculous though! whats wrong with AG? GOD!
293418 thumbnail

Or when Abhishek didn't die and went to heaven and Amitabh came as God and said it isn't time people started laughing.

Wait. Let me digest that. 🤣

I watched Transformers II in theatre, and there was a scene (SPOILER) where Sam "supposedly" dies and he sees visions of Transformers speaking to him, then minutes later, as Mikeala expresses her undying LOWE for him, he opens his eyes. It's just so damn ridiculous! I would much rather endure something realistic and infinitely stupid, than all this going to heaven & coming back nonsense. Let me guess that sequence takes place, as Sonam is weeping all over him & expressing her LOWE for him?

I was forced to see that movie in a theater by my best friend, and he is way into that stuff. And I was like I really want to see Public Enemies. And it was so stupid. Delhi 6 did have heart behind the film. But yes, you are right about the undying love part with Sonam. Transformers 2 was so contrived, and it wasn't as good as the first film. Meghan Fox did her pouty wooden act. Her job is to be the eye candy and the sex object, but man, she is awful as an actress. What do I expect though, lol?
Shia was good, but I did look at the exit 8 times while watching Transformers 2. Special effects be damned, it was awful.😕
Edited by dizzyonlemonade - 15 years ago
293418 thumbnail
Simi, here is the article where Jaya responds. I need to dig the older one. She says she told him to do that.😡
Asks Jaya Bachchan, taking up for her darling bahurani

Subhash K Jha
[email protected]

Most of the industry derided Ashutosh Gowariker for his impulsive outburst against Priyanka Chopra. The director spoke up about the merits of PC deserving the Best Actress award at the recently concluded event over Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Jaya Bachchan even came out strongly in support of her bahu's Jodhaa Akbar director.

Eyebrows raised
Several eyebrows were raised at Ashu's mention of Jaya Bachchan on stage, to endorse and substantiate his public objection to Priyanka's trophy.

The forthright Mrs B not only stands up for Gowariker but also gives him a clean chit for mentioning her in his pro-Aishwarya speech.

Nothing against PC
Initially, reluctant to speak on the matter, Jaya makes it clear she has nothing against Priyanka's performance in Fashion, "For all I know, she must be really good in it. I haven't seen Fashion. She's undoubtedly a good actress. I don't have any objection to her winning the award. But I wonder why Aishwarya's fine performance was ignored. I think she and the Jodhaa-Akbar cinematographer Kiran Deohans richly deserved recognition for their work."

When persuaded, Jaya finally opens up. "It is being presumed that Ashutosh unnecessarily mentioned my name regarding Aishwarya's omission from the awards. The fact is, I suggested he bring up the question on stage. We were discussing why Aishwarya had not been given any award for Jodhaa-Akbar. I suggested Ashutosh bring up the matter. When he mentioned my name, he wasn't doing anything wrong."

Very strange
Warming up to the subject of Aishwarya's performance in Jodhaa-Akbar, Jaya says, "The entire principal cast and crew of Jodhaa-Akbar have been rightly nominated for the popular awards and have won also. I find it very strange that Aishwarya who lived her part and looked every inch the royal Rajasthani queen in her body language and overall performance was ignored."

http://www.mid-day.com/epaper/index.htm

382958 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -simi-

HI GG! i think i've been around when u are but i was pretty inactive for the past month so i dont think i said hi to u 😃

yea watched a youtube vid on it... but it was only news, no clipings were shown... its quite rediculous though! whats wrong with AG? GOD!

Simi, I have my doubts over that. Unless I'm mistaken, IIFA is Bachchan family's main awards event, and till 2007 people mentioned that Bachchan's will get all the awards. It's rather strange that Ash did not win for Jodha Akbar despite being a bahu. In my opinion, it was meant to illustrate that awards are not rigged and plus they had a lot of viewers, who sat to watch the show due to this whole 'drama' meant to raise TRP's.
293418 thumbnail
Priyanka is furious with her What's Your Rashee director Ashutosh
By: Upala KBR
Date: 2009-06-16

Ashutosh Gowariker went on stage and questioned why Priyanka won the Best Actress award and not Aishwarya

Ashutosh Gowariker didn't just fight with the hosts at the award ceremony in Macau, he also managed to upset the coolest heroine in B-Town Priyanka Chopra.

The actress who is also the leading lady of his next film What's Your Rashee was so upset with the director that she stayed away from the after-party at AbhiAsh's suite. The seething actress was overheard saying, "I don't want to go there and see his face."

Public platform

Says a source present at the awards event. "Priyanka is furious that Ashutosh went on a public platform and questioned her Best Actress award for Fashion."

Moments after PC collected her award and returned to her seat, Ashutosh went up to collect his award for the Best Director. The first thing he uttered after grabbing the mike was, "Priyanka I love you, but I don't know how you got the ward for Best Actress when Aishwarya was also nominated in the same category for Jodhaa Akbar."

A hush fell over the entire gathering. Ashu realised that he'd gone too far. And added, "Maybe it is because you are very hard-working and she is a natural." When he realised that in stead of improving matters, he'd made it worse he then put the blame on Jaya Bachchan, who was standing besides him. He said, "Jayaji was just asking me the same thing."

Priyanka looked like she'd been struck by lightning. She didn't know whether to cry or just run out considering her own director was humiliating her in public.

Kept quiet

Unlike Ashu, who made a scene at an earlier awards event, Piggy Chops kept her dignity and smiled through the proceedings. It was only after she left the venue did she let her feelings known. She spoke to a few people close to her and told them how disgusted she was with the director for questioning her talent, when she'd won the Best Actress at every function this year.

293418 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gossip Girl

Simi, I have my doubts over that. Unless I'm mistaken, IIFA is Bachchan family's main awards event, and till 2007 people mentioned that Bachchan's will get all the awards. It's rather strange that Ash did not win for Jodha Akbar despite being a bahu. In my opinion, it was meant to illustrate that awards are not rigged and plus they had a lot of viewers, who sat to watch the show due to this whole 'drama' meant to raise TRP's.

Of course the other argument is that they felt entitled to it and to save face, they cut it out. Screen did air everything after all. I am glad Aish lost so at least their true colors were exposed. Priyanka was much more mature than the seniors. I mean for Jaya to give an interview like that to the Bachchan chamcha Subash K. Jha does show a sense of entitlement.
220680 thumbnail
Some of these directors are like way over my head! I still can't believe he did this.
382958 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dizzyonlemonade

Simi, here is the article where Jaya responds. I need to dig the older one. She says she told him to do that.😡

Nothing against PC
Initially, reluctant to speak on the matter, Jaya makes it clear she has nothing against Priyanka's performance in Fashion, "For all I know, she must be really good in it. I haven't seen Fashion. She's undoubtedly a good actress. I don't have any objection to her winning the award. But I wonder why Aishwarya's fine performance was ignored. I think she and the Jodhaa-Akbar cinematographer Kiran Deohans richly deserved recognition for their work."

Jaya should put a TAPE on her mouth. There was this whole Raj Thackeray drama that took place months back, which could have been avoided. Anyway, getting to this, if she has not watched Fashion, then she has no bloody right to question Priyanka's win. Now, if she watched 'Fashion', then she can step forth with her argument, but nope these celebrities are so afraid. Her husband being the prime example, a couple of years back declared that Taare Zameen Par did not appear so great, then he decided to cover up by saying he did not watch it. Jayajee, if you think Ash's fine performance was ignored, then why not introduce a "SPECIAL" award for your bahu solely?
-simi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very strange
Warming up to the subject of Aishwarya's performance in Jodhaa-Akbar, Jaya says, "The entire principal cast and crew of Jodhaa-Akbar have been rightly nominated for the popular awards and have won also. I find it very strange that Aishwarya who lived her part and looked every inch the royal Rajasthani queen in her body language and overall performance was ignored."

dressing up rajasthani doesnt make u a good actress!!!!! when compared, priyanka wins HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
382958 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dizzyonlemonade

Of course the other argument is that they felt entitled to it and to save face, they cut it out. Screen did air everything after all. I am glad Aish lost so at least their true colors were exposed. Priyanka was much more mature than the seniors. I mean for Jaya to give an interview like that to the Bachchan chamcha Subash K. Jha does show a sense of entitlement.

Yep. With Oscars how many times have we heard the actors demand that they deserve recognition? These people have no professionalism. You cannot just sit like a kid and defend all your work. AG needs to grow up. Though, if he is on IF he will be a nice company to the fan girls by getting his sentiments "hurt" all the time due to people. Remember the whole Srk-Saif hosting with Filmfare? AG had objection to that as well, since they made PHUN of his precious project. I did not mind him so much then, but with this whole 'Best Actress' issue he just took it on another level.
Edited by Gossip Girl - 15 years ago