petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
rox i sent the nominations vote yesterday

i willsend the swayamvadhu vote tmrw
293418 thumbnail

Originally posted by: carolinecj

one of my closest friends hated me fr 2 days because of my BAD impressions of BLACK! i shredded the movieπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† and rani ermm.. no comments
she killed saathiya!πŸ˜† i mean after watching alaipayuthey saathiya was like..bad!

and oh yea
to me IR is better than ARR... and it has to be considering IR is ARR's mentor!

oh well the song is called raasathi from thiruda thiruda..mani ratnam's only comedy flick

Saif won the National Award in 2005 for HT. Not surprising when most people, who vote are Bombay based and don't bother to watch more stuff. I have heard alot of good things about Girish Kasaravalli's films, but Kannada films are extremely hard to get in subtitles.
And I love AP. Everyone in the BW forums was stunned when I said that Saathiya is nowhere as great as AP. Part of it is that despite Shaad aping Mani, he still couldn't get the same essence Mani Rathnam gave to it. Period. Also, I bet we would have a better shot at the Oscars if more Malayalam, Bengali, and Tamil films were nominated. They will never learn though.πŸ˜‰
I do like Kajol but not a fangirl. I do watch KKKG only for her scenes with SRK when I revisit it. When Poo comes, I fast forward. I do like their jodi though. Sowee, not my fave, but they aren't bad.
Edited by dizzyonlemonade - 15 years ago
-simi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: indn inn0cence

Wow, everyone surprises me in here over everything. Just like most of you, I still don't understand what is the big deal with Black. I don't think it deserved all that fame and recognition.

I KNOW! OK first off, the freaking story isnt even original!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought the little girl who played rani's character's childhood was so much better than Amitabh AND rani! Those two acted decent, but it was so overhyped i was like πŸ˜•
petticoat thumbnail

Originally posted by: indn inn0cence

Wow, everyone surprises me in here over everything. Just like most of you, I still don't understand what is the big deal with Black. I don't think it deserved all that fame and recognition.

black was an insult to all the teachers who do the real job of taking care of special children😑

my dads best friend runs a school fr them in chennai!! i was grossly offended coz i used to go around with him and this was misrepresentation of facts

SLB is a lot over the top!
134529 thumbnail
Wait noooo Soha please don't be disappointed. I'll send all my stuff tonight. And I do realize that you work hard over everything.
220680 thumbnail
I haven't even seen Black. lol.
220680 thumbnail
Foxyyyyyy, I am sorry. I promise to send my stuff in tonight. I know you work really hard on it all.
293418 thumbnail
Soha, I am sorry. I will try to send in Task 2 and 3 really soon. Sorry for any headaches. If you need help with anything, please shoot me a PM. Non-technological stuff I can help with. And I know you just had your birthday and are undertaking so much work. Mea culpa.
-simi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: carolinecj

but i liked him in cheeni kum!πŸ˜ƒ

omg all these years i keep thinking im the only one who actually thought cheeni kum was not that bad!!!! infact i liked watching the movie! the ending was bad cuz it was too melodramatic, but i liked the humour!
petticoat thumbnail

Originally posted by: dizzyonlemonade

Saif won the National Award in 2005 for HT. Not surprising when most people, who vote are Bombay based and don't bother to watch more stuff. I have heard alot of good things about Girish Kasaravalli's films, but Kannada films are extremely hard to get in subtitles.
And I love AP. Everyone in the BW forums was stunned when I said that Saathiya is nowhere as great as AP. Part of it is that despite Shaad aping Mani, he still couldn't get the same essence Mani Rathnam gave to it. Perioud. Also, I bet we would have a better shot at the Oscars if more Malayalam, Bengali, and Tamil films were nominated. They will never learn though.πŸ˜‰
I do like Kajol but not a fangirl. I do watch KKKG only for her scenes with SRK when I revisit it. When Poo comes, I fast forward. I do like their jodi though. Sowee, not my fave, but they aren't bad.

it is an insult to the REAL actors of the country if saif won for HT! this is why IIFA is not indian awards it is exclusively bollywood awards!..

mallu movies of the 90s are a class apart....if u ever get ur hand on it..udayaranu tharam is a recent classic...but recent movies have kind of gone down..i always liked mallu ghost moviesπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

girish kasaravalli's movies are classic..my mum understands all south indian langs..so i used to sit with ehr and watch occasionally..nw tou... noway!
Mani ratnams essence in AP was missing ..I saw saatiya and really felt WTH!

it is tn just mallu kannada tamil and bengali..we need to look beyond the "Bollywood is indian film industry" crap

there is one movie
where kamal describes and dances all south indian dance forms.. he is a class apart!

He plays a failed dancer.. a drunkard..who lsot his goalin life and all he reains is his passion for dance
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq7KKcvYLTk[/YOUTUBE]
im in awe of the dude

and the girl is SP balasubramniam's sister.. shailaja
Edited by carolinecj - 15 years ago