Happy birthday, Vaishali! - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Happy birthday, Vaishali!

Vaishali Thakkar, or as we know her, Damini of Uttaran (Colors), turns a year older today. But the actress says she doesn't believe in celebrating birthdays and so, she usually ends up working on the big day.
She tells us, "I don't really believe in celebrating birthdays because, unfortunately, my grandfather expired the year in which I was born. So I don't remember a single year when I have celebrated my birthday. In fact I've worked every year on my birthday. This year, I might take the day off and go out with my family. I already partied with my close friends yesterday."

Vaishali is a cusp between Cancer and Leo, but says she is more of a Leo than a Cancerian. "I am very temperamental, like a Leo. Leos are considered to be very responsible and they can handle things very well. That's the case with me, I can organise things pretty well."

The actress says she is religious and even has a small mandir at her home where she prays every day. "And every year on my birthday I go to this Shiv Mandir near my house in Matunga, and this South Indian temple where they have a 'Navgraha Pooja'. This year, if I manage to get a day off, I will try and go to Siddhivinayak temple."

Vaishali has already received a memorable birthday gift this year. "A very close friend of mine has come all the way from Dubai. So we're planning a two-day trip to Kerala," she says. "Every year, I anxiously wait for my brother's call at midnight as he is always the first one to wish me on my birthday, regardless of where he is or how busy he is." Though Vaishali can't think of a particularly memorable birthday she does remember one instance, "About 15 years ago, my father sent me a birthday card from London. I can never forget that day…"

Any birthday resolutions? "I don't believe in making resolutions and promises, but one thing is that, whatever commitments I have taken up or will take up, I will complete them," she says.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090725_128