How Chaitanya Chaudhary got hitched-article

Monu-SunNaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
How Chaitanya Chaudhary got hitched

Chaitanya Chaudhary, famous for his role as Sagar in the serial Sangam, tied the knot with Vaishali Rajpal on May 7. And true to his TV roots, Chaudhary kept it all in the family- Vaishali is Chaitanya's bhabhi's niece.

The couple met four years ago, and sparks flew, but it was only later on that they got to know each other. Chaitanya says, "She is my bhabhi's niece and everyone in our families would tease us about each other. In fact, our families were ready for us to marry but we weren't. Then, after Zara Nach Ke Dikha got over last year, we met at a wedding and from then, we kept in contact. And as she was already part of the family, there was no opposition at all. My family loves her and was excited to see us together."

Chaitanya and Vaishali were married in Delhi, as that's where Vaishali is from. "Both of us are Punjabi and we had a traditional Punjabi wedding. We had the Mata Ki Chowki, Sangeet Sandhya, Mehndi, engagement and wedding. The wedding started at 11am and it got over at 3pm."

And even though he has several ceremonies, Chaitanya couldn't fit in a bachelor party. He says, "I didn't get the time. After Sangam wrapped up, I went to London to meet my sister and see my newborn nephew. When I came back, I had to prepare for the wedding… so there was no party."

The actor invited several of his pals from the industry but unfortunately, they couldn't make it. He's going to make it up to them though, he says, "I invited Bhakhtiyar Irani, Delnaz Paul, Ali Azgar, Karishma Tanna and Rupali Ganguly but they were all busy. My friends are after me for a treat now so I will have a reception here in Mumbai on May 23."

Vaishali, who worked in Delhi, had to sacrifice her career in order to be with Chaitanya. He says, "She worked at the American Express Bank in Delhi for the last seven years. But after we got married, she moved to Mumbai with me. There was no option for her but to quit her job. The bank doesn't have any braches here so there was no chance of her getting a transfer."

And while Chaitanya gifted his wife a diamond necklace for their wedding in return "she came here as a big gift to me," he says, gushing about married life, "life has changed after marriage. Someone is waiting for me at home and that person loves me so much. It is a very beautiful feeling."

The newlyweds will head to Switzerland for their honeymoon. He says, "We will go there for 8-9 days. After that, she can decide what she wants to do career wise. She has enough qualifications and experience and will make her own decisions."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/May/News_20090512_49
Edited by $weet Ema - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago

I was just about to post it here, then I saw u already posted it, thanks for posting it..........