poonam attempts suicide;affair with ismail darbar!

MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Ismail Darbar in deep mess, girl attempts suicide

Those who regularly watched Sa re ga ma Pa Challenge 2007 show, might remember mentor/judge Ismail Durbar's student Poonam Yadav, she recently tried to commit suicide and the reason behind it is her alleged affair with musician Ismail Darbar.

A friend of Poonam said, 'Poonam's mother said that she complained of a headache after which she consumed her mother's blood pressure and asthma medicines by mistake. But the doctors said that Poonam consumed a large dose of sleeping pills, which was enough to put her life in danger. It's not like she consumed one or two sleeping pills. It is a clear case of a suicide attempt.'

'Apparently, the reason behind Poonam's suicide attempt is an abortion she had six months ago. We also heard that a few weeks ago, Poonam and Ismail were spotted together at some festival at Varanasi.'

'Last year, Poonam had told me that Ismail Darbar had got her a flat in Mumbai and that she is going to shift to Mumbai. She was quite optimistic as she thought she would make it big as a playback singer.She must have eventually realised that she was only being used.'

However when Ismail was quizzed about the same he denied knowing about Poonam's suicide attempt, however later said,' 'I got a call from someone in Lucknow informing me about this an hour ago. I am not in touch with her since Diwali.'

When he was asked why he was not in contact with her, he says,' 'Woh bechari ne socha hoga kahan main sir ko baar baar pareshaan kyon karu. I even asked my wife about Poonam as she hadn't called since a long time.'

Ask him if he was in relationship with her, he says, Ya Allah! No, I had no idea about any such thing. Aisa kuchh nahin tha. I have always guided her like a daughter.' 'I have her number but I haven't got in touch with her. I am busy with my mother's last rites in Surat.'

" I am busy here in Surat. At the most I will call her up and ask her why she did this. I can't ask her anything beyond this. And if anyone is trying to malign my name, I will not take it lying down.'

'I pray that her life is saved. Even we have problems but we don't try to commit suicide. I was surprised to hear that a girl like her had resorted to such a drastic step."

Ismail Darbar has given the music for hits like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas.

does anyone know anythign about this , if its true or not ?
Edited by deepakrulz - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
old news....topic beat to death
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
The news was found to be untrue. please see earlier threads on this.