Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: terepehloomein

ok Ali
so this is what u just basically wrote:
"do whatever you want just pray and it'll be ok"
ok now i understand islam much better

LOL no! i think wht he meant was with the time changing so much every1 has become modern.. we have learnt to modify rules to u know to make things loook OK....but yes listening to music, taking pictures is not allowed in Islam...yet we all do that becuz we have just "modernized" and we have modified our rules in order to move with the society- we have changed our thinking and we have started making exceptions to rules....its like evolution i think..there still are ppl who follow Islam very strictly - those ppl don't take pictures...they don't watch tv...i know a family who is very strict muslims they dont watch tv hear songs...but i do...many ppl do..
so wht i mean is we should pray 5 times a day and wear hijab becuz this is absolutely MANDATORY...the first q that will be asked of us when we die wud be : did u pray??? all other q's wud be asked later!... so if we pray maybe Allah will forgive our sins....yet nobody's saying that doing all the other stuff (listening to songs, watching movies) is OK....but praying will only compensate for our sins...whether Allah will forgive us or not only he knows... that being said, we should still try to slowly divert our attention from music, movies...i have started slowly losing interest in movies...i am trying to do the same for music...but again, we have modernized so much that it's hard to follow the rules of Islam so strictly...but we can try, eh? 😊
as in answer to ur main q...terepehloomein (im sorry i dont knwo ur name...??) ... yes watching expliit sexual content is not right..i haven't seen dostana so i don't know wht type of scene it has...but watching songs with girls exposing themselves so much ...aka songs like bheege hont tere..songs with ppl half naked...that's very wrong we all need to try to stop ourselves from watching such songs..even many famous item numbers like kaal, like that Om shanti om song, salaam namaste tite song, are not appropriate to watch...yet we end up watching and singing them..that's wrong..becuz it is said that at the day of judgement our eyes wud be asked : "did u see anything wrong" ..our ears wud be asked "did u hear anything wrong"... etc...and if we see stuff we shudnt then our eyes will testify that this person (me) made me see such and such stuff...this person used me in committing sins...
i try to follow Islam..i do try to pray regularly..but still if i got any points here wrong then do correct me guys..😊
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
i wanna add one more point to my long post..
since there r so many ppl saying various stuff abt Islam nowadays..some state one rule others state another rule - i think at the end of the day it's upto ur conscience....ur heart....if YOU feeel u r doing something wrong - then don't becuz chances are u ARE doing something wrong..so at the end of the day listen to ur heart...😊
Edited by SidraLuvMayurBL - 15 years ago
terepehloomein thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
ok so since everyone's modernizing, you can MODIFY (means to change or make less extreme) your religion so that it fits in with the modern culture?
now i am really confused
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail

Originally posted by: terepehloomein

ok so since everyone's modernizing, you can MODIFY (means to change or make less extreme) your religion so that it fits in with the modern culture?
now i am really confused

ok...so lemmme try and explain this as clearly as i can..but i gotta admit i really m not AS religious - dont pray 5 times a day, i lis to music and all - so i might not have all my concepts clear..
but here's the deal..
i never said we CAN modify rules of oru religion - i dunno if we can or not..😕...but i said we DO modify them - for ourselves...try to interpret them in a way as to make them less extreme...listening to music is is wrong...wearing sleeveles is wrong...but we DO this stuff....why? like u said...since every1's modernizing - we want to move with the time too....but how to move with the world, how to match up to modern style - while adhering to the strict rules of religion (no music, no friendship with "ghayr mehram" aka guys who aren't ur bro or husband....no exposing clothes....etc).... so to save ourselves from the mental discrepency....we TRY to intrepret the rules to match our current lifestyle... if music isn't allowed, if wearing shortsleeved/sleeveless fitted clothes isn't allowed - we think to ourselves...ooh i can pray..and besides world's changing so these rules probably applied to OLD times -in current time we can only follow what we can of them...and listening to bit of music really wudn't hurt - after all every1 does it...
so in order to be part of the world, we mold a few rules to make them apply to us....i know whtever im saying is probably VERY confusing...but i really can't explain this more then this: even though some thinss are wrong, we DO them, just to move with the world, u can say we prioritize the world more than religion - which is sad...but yes...and this is why we try to compensate for our mistakes by praying
at the end of the day, if all you wanna know is whether listening to music is haram or not - it is not haram, but it is still wrong... things that are haram are absolute sins - but there r other stuff that is just wrong , not haram, but just wrong, for which we do get punished, not as severely as doing something haram, but still there is punishment...alcohol is haram, listening to music is wrong..
nywayz i hope my post made some sense!😊😕
404_NotFound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
The answer is simple if u ppl think ur religion wont allow u to watch such stuffs then plz stay away from it.....but i don't agree with few people that Indian movies are Vulgar...
Edited by yyyy - 15 years ago
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail

Originally posted by: yyyy

The answer is simple if u ppl think ur religion wont allow u to watch such stuffs then plz stay away from it.....but i don't agree with few people that Indian movies are Vulgar...

i don't think indian movies r vulgar..many of them r family movies with good stories..if i start naming movies that are classic- the list wud be infinite....so i don't think based on a few movies we shud generalize to all movies...some movies may be vulgar...but not all...