question for muslim ppl who watch indian movies

terepehloomein thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
my american friend wants to know if watching them is halal in islam
she saw dostana and saw all the sexual content and provocative behavior and was wondering....

she's curious and wants to know

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nida_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
dun kwn yaar!!! i mean obviously watching such stuff is haram pr i guess if u sencor it and watch it den den probably its not that bad!!!:S
terepehloomein thumbnail
yea but who censors that stuff? no one does...

just looking for an answer!!!
sweet_pakigirl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I don't really watch bollywood, hollywood or lollywood cuz since childhood my parents says that bollywood and hollywood stuf not really family stuff is. But now a days pakistani dramas and movies has changed. Everything is almost same now. I have a indian friend here, and she always says: yeah watch this movie and that movie was great!!, and that kind of words. I told her why i don't watch movies. And now she says to me which movies are family movies and which not. So i've watched ghajini, but not dostana. And if I watch movies of hollywood or bollywood ( I've never seen any lollywood film, except one) i watch it then alone and not with family.
And guys don't forget, TV IS HARAM. (and i know i have no rights to tell something about this, cuz i also watch tv) So if it's a pakistani drama or a bollywood movie, i think is the same: Haram.
And inshallah one day i'll also stop with tv. Insallah all of us will stop!
ps: I don't mean something bad with this post😕 If someone is thinking that.
terepehloomein thumbnail
so why is watching tv haram?
i really don't understand islam b/c of all the contradictory people in the world!
i live in america and all the muslim people do everything that they are not supposed to do like wearing skimpy clothes, watching movies, listening to music (according to the movie "khuda ke liye" music is haram in islam)
its just really confusing
i guess i'm just happy to be a Christian! lol
sweet_pakigirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: terepehloomein

so why is watching tv haram?

i really don't understand islam b/c of all the contradictory people in the world!
i live in america and all the muslim people do everything that they are not supposed to do like wearing skimpy clothes, watching movies, listening to music (according to the movie "khuda ke liye" music is haram in islam)
its just really confusing
i guess i'm just happy to be a Christian! lol

It's not the TV that it's haram, but the music. If you open tv, you'll always hear a instrument, and on islamic channels, you can hear the music in the commercials. I don't know if i'm right or not, but it's just what I know. I live in Holland and I understand what u are saying about the muslims who do things what they are not to suppose to do, but not everyone is the same. I mean I also know people here (a much) who really try to be a good muslim, but no one is perfect. And this is what they say "ajj kal ka zamana".
And if you wanna know thing about islam, you can always go to a mosque, but I don't think looking to the people who are "the bad muslims" (who are we to judge) is a good way to say something about Islam.
And it's good to be happy with your religion!!!👏
ps: I don't mean something personal with this mail, and I might be wrong poeple you can always correct me., if i'm wrong. I also don't know much about islam😳
Ali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
those ppl who call themselves muslim and do not pray, eat haram meat, wear body reavealing clothes and etc are not the correct ppl to follow and get inspired... Allah SWT is there to take care of them and give them Taufiq (show them the right path and save from sins)
If u interpret it so strictly then there are many things that are not to be conducted.
For example: taking photos, showing hair,,,
did u guys know even drawing is haram, when you cant put life in to your art, why did u draw,
Kayamath ke din, Allah SWT, will give us the same drawing and tell us to put life into it, which we wont b able to do
but every kid loves to draw, isnt it
I dont think anything is wrong in watching movies, but yeah watching movies when it is prayer time then it is wrong, watching sexually explicit content which should not be then it is wrong,
but just watching plain good movies, comedy movies, action movie or tv serial is not wrong.
I dont think Dostana was a wrong movie or had wrong scenes
plz dont feel guilty if u watched it
How many of us dont carry an ipod,, everybody does,
do not take pics, everybody does, on every eid marraige, picnic everywehre
so plz do pray 5 times,
read atleast 1 page of quran everyday
and ask for forgiveness and girls plz wear hijab
and dont do someting which cannot be forgiven, rest everything is fine
Edited by Ali - 15 years ago
sweet_pakigirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ali

those ppl who call themselves muslim and do not pray, eat haram meat, wear body reavealing clothes and etc are not the correct ppl to follow and get inspired... Allah SWT is there to take care of them and give them Taufiq (show them the right path and save from sins)
If u interpret it so strictly then there are many things that are not to be conducted.
did u guys know even drawing is haram, when you cant put life in to your art, why did u draw,
Kayamath ke din, Allah SWT, will give us the same drawing and tell us to put life into it, which we wont b able to do
I dont think anything is wrong in watching movies, but yeah watching movies when it is prayer time then it is wrong, watching sexually explicit content which should not be then it is wrong,
but just watching plain good movies, comedy movies, action movie or tv serial is not wrong.
I dont think Dostana was a wrong movie or had wrong scenes
plz dont feel guilty if u watched it
so plz do pray 5 times,

I agree with you, but not with everything (just an opnion😳) I think watching movies or drama, all the tv stuff is haram. Cuz music is haram, and i've never seen a drama, movie etc without music😕 I absolutely agree with you for the rest.😊
terepehloomein thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ali

so plz do pray 5 times,

ok Ali
so this is what u just basically wrote:
"do whatever you want just pray and it'll be ok"
ok now i understand islam much better
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
yaar i think ofcourse v can... staying in limits... bt yh if vr watchingg sumthingg v feel is Haram... tht is condemned in other religions aswell and v shud refrain frm dis!! Conscience tells us wats gd nd wats not... so bttr leave it on the individual himslf!