Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Hijab is a Woman's Real Beauty!

Posted by: KING-slave of ALLAH !

• In: All| Allah| HIJAB| Hadith/Sunnah| Islam| Women In Islam
  • Comment!

HIJAB/Veil :: Women in Islam

Assalam Alaykum,

It often occurs to me that many of our sisters in Islam are not properly encouraged to use of Hijab, once they begin to observe the requirements of Hijab. It may be that a sister has been obliged to wear the Hijab without truly pondering over its superiority.

Perhaps she has reached the age of puberty and her parents have instructed her to wear it. Perhaps she has recently accepted Islam and her close companions have told her of its obligation. Alternatively, perhaps her husband has commanded her to wear Hijab.

A sister who does not truly know the superiority of Hijab will always remain envious of disbelieving women. Why? Because they observe these misguided disbelievers attempting to look beautiful for all to see. Hence, the Muslim woman then compares herself to that woman which causes her to feel ashamed of her own Hijab.

Therefore, what follows is a reminder for my sisters in Islam. It is a reminder of the true status of these so-called beautiful women. It is a reminder of the excellence of the women who wear Hijab.

Excellent Qualities of Those who Wear Hijab:

It is well known that the Muslim woman is a creature of modesty. Allah loves for our Muslim women to be shielded by their Hijab. It is their outer protection from the decadence of this life.

Allah's Messenger (sallallahu'alayhi wa sallam) said ,

said: "Allah is modest and covering. He loves modesty and privacy." [Abu Daawood, An-Nasaa'i Al-Bayhaqi, Ahmad].

Thus, as modesty is a quality that is loved by Allah, our sisters must take comfort in knowing that they are modest and that they are not like those women who show themselves off to the world. Such women will not be shielded from Allah's Wramth.

Allah's Messenger (sallallahu'alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's home, has broken Allah's shield upon her." [Abu Daawood and At-Tirmithi)

Therefore, we see that the Hijab of the Muslim woman is indeed part of modesty. Modesty accompanies Eemaan (faith). That is why Allah's Messenger (sallallahu'alayhi wa sallam)

said: "Modesty is part of Eemaan and Eemaan is in Paradise." [At-Tirmithi]. Also: "Modesty and Eemaan are companions, when one goes away the other one goes away." [Al-Haakim and others]

The Muslim women must know that the disbelieving women who beautify themselves for the world to see possess no modesty, thus, they are void of any Eemaan. Instead of looking to the latest fashion models for guidance, you must look to the wives of the Prophet (sallallahu'alayhi wa sallam).

Look at the regard for modesty that our mother, 'Aa'ishah possessed even in the presence of the deceased;

she said: "I used to enter the room where the Messenger of Allah and my father (Abu Bakr) were later buried in without having my garment on me, saying it is only my husband and my father. But when 'Umar bin al-Khattaab was later buried in (the same place), I did not enter the room except that I had my garment on being shy from 'Umar."

It can be quite difficult for the Muslim woman to go out wearing Hijab in a society that mocks and torments her. Indeed, she may feel strange and out of place. However, if she knows the status of those who are mocked by the disbelievers, then she would continue to wear her Hijab with dignity.

Read More here

http://islamgreatreligion.wordpress.com/2009/03/28/hijab-is-a-womans-real-beauty/