New Harry Potter Movie Too Scary For....

shahidlover24 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

New Harry Potter Movie Too Scary For Young Children

The new Harry Pottermovie contains scenes which are too scary for young children, the British Board Of Film Classification has ruled.

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Firehas been given PG-13 ratings in the US, prior to its release next month. These classifications rule pre-teens can only see the film if they are accompanied by an adult.

The previous three movies based on JK Rowling's books - Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban and Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets - were all rated PG in the Uk, allowing children of all ages to view them unaccompanied.

However, a BBFC spokesperson says of fourth big screen installment, "The tone of the film is much scarier and darker than its predecessors. We expect most parents will still take their children but they should be aware that youngsters of a nervous disposition might be upset."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deepti4u thumbnail
i read bout this bt i think all the harry potter books r gona gradually get scary
*~Princess_K~* thumbnail
I like the HP books, I don't think it's scary at all, but that's my opinion though 😉

btw, thx for posting
QAZISUX! thumbnail
Yeah thats cool HP I LUV HP I LUV HP!! its awesome and yea i cant wait to see the movie cause u know howz it releasing on the 18th well im going to the theatres on teh 17th to see the midnight show(which of course becomes friday!) SO YEA H   AWESOME!!!!!
Angeleyes 2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I like it its very nice
hazelgirl thumbnail
the new film is rocking.I saw some scenes and promos in yahoo.I don't think it is that scary. 😛
Mish thumbnail
too scary for da kidz?? hahaha...who told their parents to go take their kidz to watch HP.....ofcourse itz for us....so yeah...who carez bout lil kidz...jk....but nahhh...itz not even scary....my cousin she is in grade 1...n she read every single book....n watched every single movie...she is like a HP freak...n she didn't even get scared....so...yeah....i'm out...
~Peace
Luv,
Mish
-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I guess the movie might be a li'l scary for children below 13. I have read the buks , and it does get a bit scary during the some of the scenes. the graveyard scenes, then the murder of a character
hazelgirl thumbnail
My cousin sis ....just 10yrs old is waiting eagerly for harry potter. 😛 She has even seen some clippings and not scared 😛
mn_gurl91 thumbnail
SCARY??????????hahahahahahahahahahahahaha   ðŸ˜†