niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Shilpa Shukla: Hard Kaur will win

AFTER proving herself as the arrogant Bindiya in Chak De! India, Shilpa Shukla is out to garner more fame and fortune as she tries to win the judges and audiences with her dance steps on Sony Television's Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

Going by her first performance, she is doing it with ease. Shilpa was appreciated with thunderous applause from the show's judges actor Juhi Chawla and choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant after her first routine on Jhalak last week. Just time, we thought, for a quick tte tte with her.
Previous dance experience: I have had no experience as such. When I was a kid, I learnt Odissi for two years. Much later, I had performances at our society functions – they were pretty much contemporary dancing at parties.

Your take on dance: Dance is everything! It is an ex-pression from the soul. I truly believe that the way you dance is the complete reflection of your soul. Dance is not just swirling and moving your body, it is a discipline, regardless of what form.

Your favourite dance: It has to be contemporary. People are not very familiar with it, and it doesn't follow any kind of style. It is very different and I love it. I also believe this dance form is close to the soul.

The person whom you think will win: I think Hard Kaur. She is so energetic and enthusiastic when it comes to dancing. There is a combination of humour and entertainment in the way she expresses herself. She has that X-Factor in her which will take her to new heights. She is a very interesting and sweet girl.

Your favourite judge: It has to be Vaibhavi Merchant. Her way of explaining things just pumps you up. She knows how to build your confidence and does it so well. Before the show started, she was perhaps the one I was scared of the most. Now, she is my favourite.

Quotable quote from a judge that has lingered: It was after my first performance to the song, Kaise main tumse nain milaoon sajna, from Om Shanti Om. Vaibhavi said, "You danced like a queen."

Even Juhi praised my performance. That really felt good and was very encouraging for me.

Now playing on your iPod: It's Masakali (composed by Oscar-winner A R Rahman and sung by Mohit Chauhan) from Delhi-6. It is forever playing on my iPod. It is so wonderful and I relate to each and every word of the song. Given a chance, I would like to dance to it.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090305_24

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
She is good, I like her style as of now.