Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zaara019 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
 article

First Look of Specials @ 10 on Sony..20
Starting March 2nd, Sony will give you untold stories told by Prolific Directors for the first time on Indian Television at 10 PM, Mon-Thu...
Sunday, March 01, 2009 12:07:49 PM

Shweta Tiwari gets back to Naaginn..19
Shweta Tiwari who played the arrogant Queen Surmaya in Naaginn is back to avenge Amrita...
Friday, January 30, 2009 2:39:15 PM

Kal Aaj Aur Kal...- A Special Report....71
How was 2008 for our favorite stars? And what are their expectations in the New Year? Which show according to them will rule the charts in 2009? Get to know here on Telly Buzz...
Thursday, January 01, 2009 10:34:55 AM

Thumbs up/ Thumbs Down- 8th-13th Dec 0859
Catch the weekly twists and turns in your favorite shows.. A thumbs up to the ones where audience likes the track, and a thumbs down where it fails to meet with expectations!!
Monday, December 15, 2008 1:46:22 PM

A Double Bonanza from COLORS on weekends..37
Dancing Queen and Chhote Miyan, the two new unique reality shows on COLORS will spice up your weekends from now....
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 7:43:53 PM

Shweta Tiwari on the existing 'Hypocrisy' in Society...27
The gorgeous Prerna will now be seen as Aradhana in the new show of COLORS. We chit- chat with her on her role and how she relates with it personally.
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 1:30:37 PM

Jaane Kya Baat Hui on COLORS..39
COLORS adds a new flavor to its shows with Shweta Tiwari and Sanjit Bedi's new show which portrays double standards of the society...
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 6:50:29 PM

Welcoming Iccha to television...30
COLORS' new show Uttaran, starting December 1st at the 10 PM slot will depict the saga of an underprivileged girl, Iccha who wishes to change her fate and live happily...
Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:43:50 PM

Jaane Kya Baat Hui rescheduled..21
The new show of COLORS which was to replace Bigg Boss has now been rescheduled to December...
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:39:18 PM

'I will be a savior for Aastha' - Abhinav Shukla16
Abhinav Shukla of Jersey No.10 fame will enter Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa...
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:45:28 PM
Edited by zaara019 - 15 years ago
zaara019 thumbnail
1:16
zaara019 thumbnail

zaara019 thumbnail
'Extra marital affairs are about lust'

Shweta Tiwari is back on our television screens. This time as Aradhana of Jaane Kya Baat Hui. The actress says the inimitable and factual concept of the story was what motivated her to go for it. Jane Kya…is the story of Aradhana who is married to Shailendra played by Sanjeet Bedi. But their relationship takes a twist following the entry of a much younger man in Aradhana's life.

Speaking about her character, Shweta says, "Aradhana Sareen is a house wife who is totally engrossed in her family. But her husband doesn't have time for her. Jane Kya basically gives a lesson to all the females that every woman should have her own identity."
Shweta says she took up this role only because the concept is 'bold'. She believes that 90% of the women will relate to her character Aradhana. "It does not tell the girls to go out and have affair. It just tries to explain the double standard of the society even today…if a boy hangs out with some of his female colleagues that is fair enough for our society but if the same thing is done by a girl, people say ki wo ladki itne ladko ke saath thi… that is what we want to show," says Shweta.

So what is an ideal relationship according to her?

"One of the most important ingredients of an ideal relationship is respect. Any relationship can be ideal…daughter and a mother, brother and sister, husband and wife…. If you have respect for each other then rest of the things like understanding, love everything follows."

The serial deals with the concept of extra marital affairs. Is that something Shweta is comfortable with?

"When a person gets emotionally weak from one side, he/she looks for a support. Extra marital affairs happen when one can't differentiate between admiration and love… between lust and love…that's the time when people start mingling two different things," says the actress.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081203_16
zaara019 thumbnail
Star Advice: Shweta Tiwari

Shweta Tiwari is looking sexy, slim and very different these days. She shares her khoobsoorti ka raaz with us. Be warned though, there are no hardcore workouts or diets included.

1) Most actors work 15-18 hours a day. I don't work that hard or over exert myself.

2) I can't exercise as I am very lazy. I prefer sleeping to exercising and sleeping burns more calories than watching the idiot box.

3) All my dancing on reality shows works for me. I don't get time to do anything else. I also eat a lot. Like on the sets of Jaane Kya Baat Hui, I would finish all the rasmalai. I don't worry about my weight.

4) Biotique Morning Nectar, MAC lipsticks and Shisheido P22 lipstick are must haves in my make up kit. My beauty regime is simple: I drink lot of water, I remove make up properly and I moisturize my skin well. When my skin gets extra dry, I apply malai on my face and go to sleep.

5) I wear whatever looks good on me, whatever I like. I am not a brand or trend junkie. I go to my designer and ask him to make something for me. I prefer jeans and western outfits but people say I look better in Indian outfits so I wear a sari to proper Indian functions otherwise I love roaming around in jeans and tees.

zaara019 thumbnail

Telly's Yummy Mummies!

You wouldn't believe it with their drop dead gorgeous figures, but many of our small screen actresses are mothers. We take a glance at the five actresses who, despite being mummys, look simply stunning and sexy.

Sexy mummy no.1: Shweta Tiwari

Beautiful hair, glowing skin, sexy figure, outstanding personality. This woman has the complete package. Despite being the mother of 7-year-old Palak, she simply amazes us with her maintained body.

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090217_94
zaara019 thumbnail
Abhinav Shukla on love, lust and
his first crush

I am....Abhinav Shukla who knows where he's heading in life

Life is.... a journey full of good and bad moments

Love is... something that remains after it's over.

Marriage... is your own call.

Hugs or kisses.. with guys it's hugs and kisses with the opposite sex

Your first crush... it was no longer a crush after I first spoke to her. It was in class V.

Your first date.. with my girl friend in the college canteen

Your ideal woman should be... good looking, intelligent, and accommodating. Should know of all my likes and dislikes

Your dream date... there's no point in dreaming over something which is not realisable

What you did on your last birthday... went with family to a gaushala and made some religious offerings

How many places have you lived in... born and brought up in Punjab and now settled in Mumbai

Your long lasting friend... Amanjyot Singh. We've been friends for 12 years.

Do you make friends easily... yes, I do but only with those who are ready to bear me.

What kind of music do you like.... rock, ghazal and husky female voices

One thing you want to change about yourself... I want to be punctual again with my exercise regime

Favourite TV show.... everything on Discovery, Animal Plant or NAT Geo.

Favourite actor in Bollywood... Aamir Khan.

Favourite actor in Tellywood... myself

Favourite cartoon character... Tom 'n' Jerry

Last movie you watched... I watched 'The Blair Witch Project' on DVD

How do you rate yourself as an actor... I'll give myself six out of ten.

Last time you boarded a local train... three months ago, I travelled without ticket from Andheri to Lower Parel but got caught and was fined 350 bucks

Last time you were stalked... a noted homosexual in Lokhandwala was keen on befriending me but I refused.

Last time you went shopping... two weeks back at Inorbit Mall. Got myself an Espirit shirt and Ray Ban shades.

Last time you cried off the screen... A year back after having a fight with a friend

Last time you cooked... Yesterday, I made some nice Maggie noodles by adding eggs to it.

If not an actor then ... A photographer or a director

Philosophy of life... Live and let live.

Advice to youngsters... Read a lot and assimilate lot of knowledge. Don't indulge in drugs.

zaara019 thumbnail
It will be good to romance Shweta
Abhinav Shukla

Model-turned actor Abhinav Shukla is currently wooing the audiences as the likeable Shantanu of Jaane Kya Baat Hui fame. The hunk had made his television debut with SAB show Jersey No.10.

In an exclusive chat with Tellychakkar, Abhinav talks about his new show, co-actor Shweta Tiwari, his passion for photography and more. Read on.

Jersey No.10 to Jaane Kya Baat Hui, you seem to be playing new games on a different field?

(Laughs) Yes, I'll have to agree with that but Shantanu and Arjun are all together different characters. The two shows are vastly different from each other.

You were once quoted saying that you wouldn't do the run-of-the-mill stuff. Is Jaane Kya Baat Hui different?

As far as the story and the screenplay are concerned, Jaane Kya Baat Hui is different. Another different thing about our show is that so far you must have not seen anybody cry. The only thing that hasn't changed is ours too is a family story.

Coming to your character, apparently there's a Masoom-like tale to Shantanu. Do you agree?

I won't deny it but that's what we do on television. There are very few scripts that can be worked upon. Human relationships, emotions form the cornerstone of our fictions. There is a defined parameter when it comes to our fictions.

Shantanu is meant to have a relationship with Aradhana (Shweta Tiwari). That would mean that he'll fall in love with his bhabhi. Is the Indian audience open to such a relationship?

Well, that's still to be revealed. Besides, we still don't know what this relationship would be. To answer the second part of your question. Well, I see no reason why people won't like this show. After all, people like to watch something which they can't do in their real life. Example – We love action movies but we never try to replicate those scenes in our real life.

But isn't infidelity a bigger sin than fighting?

There can be no bigger sin than smashing someone's skull. There's no brutality to infidelity.

Is Shantanu a negative character?

Not at all. Shantanu is a chilled out person. He understands relationships very well. He wants to be approved and loved by all. There's no negativity about him. Obviously, the family will later turn against him but Shantanu would never be negative.

How is it romancing Shweta Tiwari?

I still haven't done that explicitly but when it happens I'm sure it will be good to romance Shweta.

Are you apprehensive about enacting bold scenes with Shweta? Are you not worried how Raja Chaudhary will react?

Not for a moment did such a thing cross my mind. Besides, I see no threat to me from him.

Before Kasautii.. went off air, Shweta reportedly was giving a hard time to everyone on the sets. How's she like on the sets of Jaane kya baat..?

I don't know about the past but Shweta comes across as a thorough professional. She's absolutely committed and dedicated towards our show. Before any scene, you'll often find her discussing her shot with the creatives so as to get it right. As a person too she's very cordial.

What went wrong with Jersey No.10?

Nothing. We were doing fine. It's just that SAB shifted to being a comedy channel. Since our show didn't fit the bill we were asked to stop.

How is Abhinav faring as a photographer?

It's been great going for me. Recently, I visited the Chandrataal Lake in Himachal Pradesh. I've shot some great pictures there. A close friend accompanies me for such expeditions. During my free time, I take out my camera. I take the camera to work only when we're shooting in outdoor locations.

What's happening on the personal front? Are you seeing somebody?

No, I'm single and happy. Nor am I in any hurry to look for my dream girl. There are many girls who like me but I can't say the same about them. I'm an adventurer so I'd like to be with an adventuress. So far, I

zaara019 thumbnail
i like ardhana shantanu jori so i make a fanclub so please join it