A.R. Rahman, Sukhwinder to open the OSCAR NIGHT!

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Rahman, Sukhwinder to open the OSCAR NIGHT

While we are all glad with AR Rahman receiving the Oscar nominations for Slumdog Millionaire, here?s the icing on the cake. Rahman and singer Sukhwinder Singh have been invited to open the eighty first Annual Academy Awards night, scheduled for Feb 21 at Los Angeles. The duo will perform their super-hit number ?Jai ho?.

Giving us the great news, our source, who is close to Sukhwinder, says, ?Rahman had called up Sukhwinder, telling him that the authorities of the Academy Awards had asked him to open the ceremony. Rahman asked Sukhwinder to prepare himself for another live performance. Nothing new in that, except, this time, it would be for the Oscars! Gulzar, who has written the song, is likely to make an appearance on the awards night too.?

Adds the source, ?Rahman will work on the song and modify it to set it in sync with the live orchestra and make it suitable for a stage presentation. Rahman and Sukhwinder are looking forward to it. Sukhwinder is of the opinion that the Slumdog nominations have raised India?s bar in the international market and hence, they would now have to be extra cautious about the quality of work they deliver.?

An ecstatic Sukhwinder tells us, ?I?m waiting for an official confirmation, till then I cannot comment on it.? Interestingly, the trio of Rahman, Gulzar and Sukhwinder had earlier worked together on ?Chaiyya chaiyya? from Dil Se, which was included in the Denzel Washington starrer Inside Man.

http://www.filmnirvana.com/news/rahman-sukhwinder-open-oscar-night/160593

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mistyy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow, awsome
i wonder what do Mahesh bhatt and big B have to say about this??
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^^πŸ˜†πŸ˜† More frustration. πŸ˜†
apux thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Oh wow, that's pretty amazing!
193980 thumbnail
Great! πŸ‘πŸ‘ I hope A R Rehman and Gulzar (isn't he nominated too...doubt) win for Music.
Still I don't think SDM deserves best film. It is not the best among nominated.

Originally posted by: piya_y116

wow, awsome

i wonder what do Mahesh bhatt and big B have to say about this??

Mahesh Bhatt: Why do we want West's appreciation 😑(runs to his basement and copy paste from several Hollywood films at the same time)
Mr. Bachchan: West is just showing our wrong side. Where are poor people? I believe what Karan Johar shows is real India. All of us can afford helipads and land on our roof top.
345162 thumbnail

^^^^^OMG.....that copy paste comment is super hilarious!!! Funniest thing I read on here in a long long time!!🀣

Anyways, I really want Slumdog Millionaire, Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei to get whatever they're nominated for. I know SM isn't the best from the best in terms of the movies being nominated but as a South East Asian, I will clap the loudest when it wins. Mickey Rourke.....simply because it was as if that role was tailor made for him, no one could have done it better not even DDL. The others don't measure upto him and Marisa Tomei because she's been ignored for way too long now!πŸ˜›
Edited by flaviya - 15 years ago
Mistyy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Great! πŸ‘πŸ‘ I hope A R Rehman and Gulzar (isn't he nominated too...doubt) win for Music.
Still I don't think SDM deserves best film. It is not the best among nominated.
Mahesh Bhatt: Why do we want West's appreciation 😑(runs to his basement and copy paste from several Hollywood films at the same time)
Mr. Bachchan: West is just showing our wrong side. Where are poor people? I believe what Karan Johar shows is real India. All of us can afford helipads and land on our roof top.

🀣🀣 Maya, u should have a column or something on page 3..i would def read itπŸ˜† that also regularlyπŸ˜†
193980 thumbnail

^🀣🀣 Thanks. Poor Shobha De. Let her survive.

SIRFINA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
maya you are too good!!!🀣
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow - what a great honor for A R Rehaman - high time our music was played on such a world stage.I'll clear out my schedule to make sure that I watch the Oscars this time.