Sajid Khan & Farah defend themselves

104869 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Farah actually says that it was Ashutosh that created the Tamasha.

http://mid-day.com/entertainment/2009/jan/160109-Screen-Awards-Sajid-Khan-Ashutosh-Gowariker-Bandra-Kurla-Complex-Salman-SRK-Oscars-public.htm

Ashutosh Gowariker and Sajid Khan have ugly war during awards show - Ashu says no sign of a patch up
By: Upala KBR
Date: 2009-01-16

Mumbai:

Sajid Khan and Ashutosh Gowariker have a war of words

The Screen Awards held at the Bandra-Kurla Complex on Wednesday night will be remembered for an ugly public spat, akin to the Salman-SRK fight last year.

At least that was at a private party, the guests were all friends, alcohol was flowing freely, the mood was reckless. Such things happen at parties.

But at an award function, it's unheard of. In the presence of the entire film fraternity and media, Ashu-tosh Gowariker and Sajid Khan had a war of words.

It's expected

A fuming Sajid Khan says, "Ashutosh Gowariker is a very dear and old friend of mine and he of all people should understand that Sajid Khan is an entertainer and it is his job to entertain audiences.

I work for the channels and have been entertaining audiences and hosting awards for the last 10 years. If the channels repeat me, it's because audiences expect this kind of entertainment not just in India but worldwide!

Even at the Oscars, you will see Holly-wood personalities laughing at themselves. It's high time we learn to laugh at ourselves and enjoy ourselves.

At the end of the day, we are one big family and it's absolutely alright to laugh and joke with each other because that's what friends and families do."

Woh ya main?

There's a buzz that some filmmakers including Gowariker are planning to ban his shows. Sajid says, "For me, my viewer is the ultimate. He has made me and only my viewer will break me! No Ashutosh Gowariker in this world can ban Sajid Khan.

At every show I make fun of myself first even yesterday, I made fun of Heyy Babyy! not once but three times. At the end the day it's TV, which like films is a source of entertainment.

After every show I host, I get hundreds of calls and SMSes from the film industry saying how much they liked it, and that happened yesterday too! I'll never be apologetic about my work.

The day I need to be, I will apologise to my audience. Let the viewer decide who they want to see on stage at an awards function Ashutosh Gowariker or Sajid Khan?"

What happened on Wednesday night?

The fight was triggered off a comment by Sajid on Ashutosh's hero Harman. When Gowariker later came on stage he voiced his displeasure at the jokes and the fact that certain techni-cians weren't allowed to speak.

When Sajid told him that the jokes were given by the organisers, the director asked him to shut up. Sajid snapped 'kisika baap bhi mujhe shut up nahi bol sakta!'

Farah, who was not on stage at the time, later told the audience, "I love films more than anybody else and I do truly believe that we are family and friends and family can joke with each other.

We shouldn't take ourselves so seriously." Ashutosh's outburst came as a complete shocker to Farah. She felt Ashu should have told off both Sajid and her back stage instead of making a public tamasha.

So she feels bad that Ashotosh made a public outburst of his feeling and didnt speak privately. Thats exactly what her brother did- it was he who created the tamasha. If she cant take this public outburst how do they expect others to accept their juvenile, and degrading jokes. Grow up!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hirisgr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think its completely sajid and farah's fualt. why do channels do this. this is award, treat with respect. Not some gimmick awards.
sonam_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Sajid and Farah have a bad sense of humour if they think they are right.
Jokes are meant to be funny not offensive.
byefor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
looking forward to watch this spat
missmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i dont like sajid and farah...both are big mouth and talk nonsense..
Showbizz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
woaho makes me more curious to watch the show now 😉
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: hirisgr8

I think its completely sajid and farah's fualt. why do channels do this. this is award, treat with respect. Not some gimmick awards.

So agree! They should make jokes that are funny and not make fun of people or they're work! I can't really say who is at fault, until I don't see the award show! But if Ashu told someone to shut up, then they deserved it b/c Ashu is a very calm and patient man!
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ashu is generally known to be a calm & collected person.........this uncharacteristic outburst of his shows how irritated he must have been with Sajid's so called jokes.....
187176 thumbnail
I actually do not think sajids that bad people need to lighten up..seriously! so what if he makes a joke what is the big deal....as for awards its good that they are funny because otherwise i know i would not watch them and find the ones that are not funny very boring to watch...then its just a bunch of actors taking trophys woop de do
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
tit for tat thanks Aushu you shows mirror these two rude bro and sis If i am there i will slap them