Toshi & Sharib: Homecoming for a cause

sonam_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

The duo, that was in Jaipur recently for a live show were pleasantly surprised to see pretty young things drooling over them ? something they had thought only happens to Bollywood stars! But hey, these youngsters aren't just reality show singers any longer. They are music composers now and are stars in their own right.

"It was an amazing feeling to see the people of my own city dancing to our tunes, literally, and treating us like celebrities. It was a great compliment in itself," says Toshi adding, "I never thought that most of my fans are females, I wish I could also have some time to interact with them." But the fun and adulation besides, the two were performing at the Maharaja College grounds of the Pink City to spread a serious message. They had been roped in to unite the youth through their music, and to give them a message that terrorism is not the solution to anything. "It's a great honour to be called upon to take up this cause. We really feel privileged that even we are part of a change that is necessary for us as a society. And we have to include youngsters in that change," explains Toshi chatting exclusively with JT during a brief stopover after the show.

The music that they have composed for the next Mahesh Bhatt film has already got a rocking response from youngsters, at least in Jaipur. Tell them this and they say: "Though this was a huge break for us, but we will consider the next film, Jashan, where we are making all six songs of the film, as our debut film as music directors." With that film, they hope to introduce a new style of music, which they claim will be their signature style. "Sometimes I still don't believe myself that I am doing so much, it's really a big thing for both of us," says Sharib adding, "We still think that we have to achieve a lot in this industry, still there is a lot of hard work that we have to put in to live up to the expectations of so many people and to be where we want to be. Everything in this industry has been a great inspiration for both of us and even small incidents that we encountered in Mumbai taught us many things."

Ask them if the entry in Bollywood and the female fan following is urging them to take up acting as well and Toshi clarifies before heading out for his next commitment, "I can't even think about it, it was just music that has been on my mind since childhood. I don't even know the basics of acting

Edited by sonam_s - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shabari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks sonam...he should stick to singing...really two talented singers...but i still prefer sharib over toshi..thanks for your articles..it is balancing our parties in the other threads...we were all Svoi followers but now r jobless..😆u are invited to the party threads too.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks SOnam for sharing...

I am with Shabbo Rani...Love Sharib over over hyped TOshi...

Sharib was fantastic during C-05 & EMEAT....
shabari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Thanks SOnam for sharing...

I am with Shabbo Rani...Love Sharib over over hyped TOshi...

Sharib was fantastic during C-05 & EMEAT....

fantastic avataar varsha....looks great! yes, let's post sharib songs to bring back those memories..toshi sang well only a few songs...then his voice sounded tired and over used...
sonam_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
You guys are most welcome. Im a big fan of svoi and am missing it badly since its over now.

This season was terrible compared to the first season.

I personally prefer Toshi over Sharib because of his deewanapan towards music. Its commendable. 👏