Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ria_h85 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
nice update! loved the funny moments....and looking fwd for another potential date bw Bani and Pushkar which will only bring JB closer to each other!
btkr thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I love this crazy jodi - poor Bani, always having to deal with people who freak out seeing her talk to the thin air....can't blame them, thought the little drama queen over did it. Great part.
👏
abhilashasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
that was an interesting update... so bani is thinking about jai's words,... jai ka asar toh pad hi raha hai... 😆
ducky_euro thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
so atleast jai knows something about his past
oh no, she;s going on a date with that loser again
wish jai wouldnt be a ghost all the time
so that we can see some jb :)
so dont forget to give jai a place in the scene to spoil the dinner :)
cont soon
SA
kamy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i enjoyed the first part Bani bernali and jai it was hilarius 😆 and pushkar and Bani how can abni get interested in pushkar whn Jai is lurking behind her 😉 continue sooooooooon
love
kamy
pooja1_76 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
can't wait for next part
pooja
Indian_Goddess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

This part may come across as a bore to some of you. But i tried my best.

Chapter 8

Bani never got the opportunity to smug about her dinner date to Jai due to the reason that he was nowhere to be seen the next morning. No warning or note left behind for her…. But then again, he couldn't really leave her a note. This irked her though and she would never admit it, but upset her as well. The apartment felt empty without him and she felt very aware of how lonely she really is. She had gotten so used to his presence for the past few weeks that she now realizes that she needs him…. Yes he annoyed her to no ends and she hated him most of the time—but that's what made him so special to her. Why he was so important… She could never remember having so much fun before with someone in her life. They indeed had a strange "relationship" and they mostly always just bite one another's heads off, but Bani learned that she enjoyed their banters. …. In fact, that is what she always looked forward to after work…. spending time with Jai.

She had panicked obviously at first—searching around the apartment for any sight of him and calling out for his presence. Bad thoughts began to linger in her mind of whether he had left and gone. But she forced herself to think positively—perhaps he had gone to take a walk around the city… to gain bits of his memory. The thought calmed her and it did sound like something that Jai would do. He had admitted to it before. So she dressed and left for work—knowing that sooner or later Jai would come back….. He had to.

***********************************************************************************

Six o'clock rolled by and Bani felt a nudge on her shoulder. She turned and faced Sonali who indicated over to the round clock hanging on the wall before them.

Sonali: Shouldn't you head on home? –You still have that date tonight to go to, right?

Frazzled, Bani threw a glance over at the clock but instead of thinking about her date with Pushkar for the night, thoughts of Jai preoccupied her mind. To her utter disappointment, he was a no show today and this made her anxious. But still—she would not let herself give into the best of her fears. Jai wouldn't leave…. He just wouldn't.

Bani: Oh… Yes, I guess I should go. Thank you, Sonali.

Sonali: (smiles friendly) Anytime, honey.

Bani returned the smile and gathered her belongings with her to leave, but as she took the first couple of steps to do so, she halted and a wave of familiar words hit her. "You can shape up your life again… Don't make your career your whole world…" Bani turns on her heels and looks behind her to see Sonali picking up her cup of coffee and clipboard in hand—ready to walk off herself.

Bani: Sonali, wait…

She watches her closet acquaintance turn around and meet her gaze. Sonali throws her a soft, puzzled look. Bani walks back over to her… She stares at her nervously and wrings her hands together as she has never done this before.

Bani: Eerr… I wish to ask you something…

Sonali: (politely) Yes, what is it?

Bani is silent for a moment, but gathers her courage as she remembers Jai's words once more…

Bani: Would you… Would you care to share a coffee sometime? –I mean, go out for one?

Sonali seems a little taken aback but Bani sees a gentle smile beginning to form on her lips, perhaps from amusement. Bani was sure that Sonali knew that she wasn't good at this. The last time Bani had gone out with a friend had been centuries ago.

Sonali: You mean as an … outing? … As friends? (grinning)

Bani: (uncomfortable) …. If… If that's what you wish to call it… Then yes. Yes, that is what I am asking.

Sonali's grin forms but she beams at Bani in a delighted manner.

Sonali: Of course… I would love that. … You just tell me whenever you would like to make plans and I will be all up for it.

Bani: (relaxing, pleased) Oh… Alright…. (smiling herself) Then I will tell you…

Sonali: (sharing the smile) That's great… You let me know. See you later, Bani. I hope you enjoy your date.

Bani: Bye Sonali, have a good evening.

Bani grabbed her coat and left the hospital. She hailed a cab home. She didn't feel like walking the five minutes to the apartment. Even though before Bani dreaded the idea of ever going out anywhere with Pushkar again, she was beginning to look at her dinner date with him in a new light. Perhaps like Pia had said, she didn't give Pushkar a fair shot. After all, you really can't judge a book by its cover. It will only be fair if she were to go out on another date with him—another chance to get to know him better. He may just prove her wrong and turn out to be exactly how she had originally thought of him to be. She should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bani hung her coat on the coat rack as she entered through the door of her apartment. She walked into her dark apartment and flicked on the lights to reveal the loneliness presiding within it. Something inside of her sank and in seconds she felt tears begin to prickle her eyes. Where could he have gone? That too, without telling her? Without even letting her know? …. Without even saying goodbye? –If he had decided to leave….

Miserably she dumped her bag onto the couch and wandered about the apartment, hoping with all her heart that she will find him hiding somewhere and spring up on her—do just about anything to aggravate her. Or say how he's glad to see her with that dry tone of his and make a remark about her life—his favorite pastime. Maybe even make another snide comment about her in general…. Her spirits drop heavily as she finally checks her own bedroom only to see no one in there. Before she knew it, the tears that threatened to fall minutes earlier now streams down her cheeks. She didn't know why she was crying and was surprised to see that she was. She hadn't cried since she failed her first entrance exams to medical school. So why was she crying now? That too over an arrogant, sarcastic, egotistical, pig like Jai? But she was…. Because if she admitted to it or not, she misses him. She wants him here. She wants him back with her. ….. She feels lost without him.

Angry at herself for giving into the better of her emotions and crying over someone who obviously doesn't care enough to inform her of his leaving—Bani angrily brushes away her tears and storms inside of her room. She kicks off her shoes and after wiping away the most of her tears and rubbing her wet palms onto her black skirt, she curses Jai for a few moments—naming him all the horrible names she could think of. Finally she takes in a deep breath into her and slowly calms herself. She should think of her date with Pushkar instead, she reprimands herself. Look forward to that instead…. She shouldn't give a hoot about Jai Walia. He was meant to leave at some point. Better now than later. … Right?

That pig could go to h*ll for all she could care, right now she needs to dress herself for her date with Pushkar. Yes, Pushkar… If all goes well, perhaps he will become into something much more in her life. Even more important than Jai…. She stops in her steps as this thought runs through her mind and she is startled by her own thoughts. Has she really managed to give Jai so much importance in her life these past few weeks? And if so, how? All she ever did was try and push him away…. How could he possibly manage to mean so much to her?

Shaking her head and rattling all of these thoughts away, Bani forces herself not to think of Jai. Pushkar, she reminds herself. Pushkar, Pushkar, Pushkar—she begins to say his name as a small chant or prayer. She walks into her bathroom and strips herself of all clothing—needing a few minutes of a warm shower before her date with Pushkar Shukla….

***********************************************************************************

He realizes that it is beginning to become rather late as the sun begins to droop and a dark shadow folds over his surroundings as a blanket. He peers down from the tall height of the roof and watches the festivity of people below him—passing by and in a world different from his. He felt estranged from the people around him and from the world he was supposedly apart of. He felt as if he didn't belong. He hated the fact that no one could see him (well, Bani as an exception) and that he couldn't remember his life. Sure he now knew who he was, Jai Walia—famous lawyer of Mumbai city. But that was it. He only knew of his professional identity and that was where his memory ended. What about his other life? His personal life? What about his family? His friends? Why is it that he is unable to remember them? …. Unable to remember what happened to him? Why can't he remember anything or find any link to his life? Any familiarity? He has perhaps by now gone around this city in circles for the umpteenth time today. –If he had a blindfold, he would bet for sure he could walk around Mumbai and know his way around.

Jai rubs the back of his neck and sighs before deciding that he should leave. He has been on the roof of the apartment for too long now and Bani perhaps may be wondering where he has gone off too (well, if she even bothers to care). He hadn't even met her in the morning. He didn't wish to. Not when he felt so lost and dazed with his own troubling thoughts to deal with. He didn't want her to see him like this. He didn't want anyone to see him like this. But then again, no one else can really anyway. …. He just needed to be alone. That is all…

He walks through the rusty steel door and down the fleet of stairs, approaching the tenth floor and crossing through the door of the apartment. To his surprise, he finds that it is empty with no presence of Bani anywhere. He is just about to check around until he hears the voicemail machine go off… His eyes harden and his brows lower together as he hears the message and he turns on his heels only to leave out of the apartment and to a new destination….

**********************************************************************************

He's late. Ten minutes late to be exact. Bani looks up from her watch and fiddles with her glass of water in a bored manner. She begins to wonder whether she had gotten the details to their dinner date right. He had said that they had reservations at the Sai Palace at eight o'clock. And as far as she knows, she has gotten it all right. Then where is Pushkar?

The cute waiter that assisted her to her seat from before arrives at her table and casts her a handsome grin. "Would you like to order anything while you are waiting for your date? I can give you a recommended list of appetizers that we have…," he offers generously to her. Bani shares the smile and tells herself to leave him a generous tip in return. A hefty one too—because he is just too darn cute.

Bani: Thank you, I would very much lik—

Her voice trails off and her focus is diverted for a moment. She can see the waiter give her a confused look but she could care less about that. Her eyes look past his shoulder and at the man briskly walking through the tables in the restaurant with an air of elegance and charm drawn to him. Even in a crowd of people, he is the only one who seems to stand out to her. The only one who seems to matter… Her heart unwillingly gives a throb on the sight and she feels herself become flustered as he comes closer—his stormy gray eyes firmly resting on her.

"Ma'am? … Ma'am?" Ripping her gaze off of him, Bani turns back to look at the cautious looking waiter and throws him a feeble smile.

Bani: Would you excuse me for a moment please?

Taken aback, the waiter looks at her strangely for a second before nodding her head and murmuring quickly that he will come back later for her order. Bani pushes her seat aside and stands up. She locates the restrooms on the other side of the room and darts for it—knowing very well that he will follow after her.

She enters through the wooden door and paces back and forth across the tiled floors, waiting for him to arrive himself. Her previous emotions resurface and she feels anger directed towards him rebuild. The insufferable man put her through distress for the past eighteen hours and suddenly he decides to reappear? That too on her date? She turns on her heels to face him as she hears his abrupt cough to call for her attention.

Bani: (demanding) What are you doing here?

To her aggravation, her eyes become wet with tears once again—but she refuses to give into them. Jai's gaze doesn't change and his eyes still contain a hard gleam in them as he takes slows steps closer toward her.

Jai: Do you really think that going on a dinner date with Pushkar is such a good idea considering that your previous lunch date was such a tragedy?

He instantly questions her—ignoring her own question. He watches as a look of annoyance and anger crosses her face but he had a feeling that it had nothing to do with the fact that he was here on her date. There was something else….

Bani: (defensive, hotly) It wasn't a tragedy… It went perfectly. I wouldn't be on this date with him if it weren't, would I?

Her heart races as he takes a step closer and she is aware of his proximity by the way she burns under his transfixed gaze on her. She manages to blink away the forming tears but to no success as they quickly make a reappearance. Seeing him again and having him here right in front of her brought such satisfaction that it relieved her. He wasn't gone nor did he leave her. Such terrible thoughts occupied her mind before that it terrified and worried her to no ends. She was afraid that she would never see him again…

Jai: (angrily himself) I don't know why you are here on this date with him, but I know it is not because your last date went "perfectly"… I was there. I saw what happened. And it was anything but perfect.

Bani: Jai, I can choose whether I want to go out with Pushkar again or not. I am an adult.

Jai: I never denied that you were.

Bani: And if I want to give him another chance—If I want to have another chance to get to know him better, then I should be allowed that.

Jai: (agreeing) You should. And I don't deny that either. But I don't want you to give that chance on Pushkar. (firmly)

Bani feels her heart pound hard against her chest from his words and she licks her dry lips. She continues to stare into his determined, set face and sees that he is just as stubborn as she is.

Bani: And why not?

Jai: You two don't mesh well… He's not the guy for you. (adding)

Bani gives a bitter laugh as the tears begin to build.

Bani: And I suppose you are?!

Jai becomes silenced by this and he wears a grim look on his handsome face. Bani looks away from him for a moment, trying to compose herself, and then turns back.

Bani: Where did you go Jai? …

She finally asks him, her voice soft and gentle. Jai had to strain his ears to even catch the words. He takes a closer look at her and notices the tears present in her eyes. He curses himself. Those words may have meant just only that one thing to anyone, but he knew to him that it meant to mean much more. It meant that he had put her through worry and distress. That she was upset that he didn't inform her about anything and left without a warning. He watches silently as a tear slips and rolls down her cheek. Her hand rises to her face to wipe it away.

At that moment he realized that they, two strangers who despised the other from before and could barely tolerate the sight of each other—had unknowingly created a bond together… a relation. An unusual relation, yes—but one nonetheless. And he hurt her by wandering off without a single word. He could only imagine what he put her through.

He brings his own hand forth and gently brushes the tips of his fingers across her cheek, as if tracing the outline of it. He is surprised that unlike the other things he had touched—he can somewhat feel the smoothness of her skin with his fingers. And as her eyes connect with his at that moment, he knows that she can as well. They inch up to her beautiful watery eyes and then to the curls of her black hair. Bani's heart races fast, the thought that he was touching her (even if she couldn't feel the physical contact completely) made her nervous. Her eyes slowly close shut as his fingers then lead down to her pink lips. A blush blooms in her cheeks while Jai traces the outlining of her luscious lips and wonders how it would feel to have them pressed against his own. He sees her lips part a little and her chest rise and fall as she takes breathes into her. His fingers linger on the corner of her lips before he snaps out of his lost trance and removes his hand.

Jai: I'm sorry…

She hears his gentle voice speak after a long moment of silence. Startled, her eyelids flutter open and she stares into his apologetic looking face.

Jai: …. I just needed to be alone for awhile.

Bani blinks dumbly at him, trying to register his words. Her mind still reels from what was occurring seconds before.

Jai: I should have told you either way, though….. I'm sorry for causing you to be worried.

She suddenly turns pink in the face and looks away from him.

Bani: (mumbles, hastily) I wasn't worried… I was just wondering.

Jai digs his hand into his pockets and mutely observes her. They stand there for another silent pause until Bani speaks up once again, another question in mind.

Bani: …. How did you know I was here?

Jai: …. Pushkar left you a message on your machine. He said he would probably arrive a little late for dinner…. Then I saw the details of the date on the notepad you scribbled it on –on the fridge.

Bani: Then why are you here?

She asks, this question really mattering to her. Why has he come all the way here?

Jai: (curt and straight to the point) I thought I should come and knock some sense into you.

Bani: Knock some sense into me? (asks with disbelief)

Jai: How could you even consider going out on a date with Pushkar again?

Bani: Why does it matter?

Bani watches him agitatedly runs his fingers through his thick dark hair and meet her gaze once more.

Bani: Are you saying that I can't go out with anyone I wish?

Jai: No, that is not what I am saying. I am saying that this is not like you…. Going out on dates with worthless men.

Bani: Jai, you do not know me.

Jai: Bani, by now, I believe I know you more than you know yourself. And I'm telling you, this isn't you. … Come on, let's leave. Don't waste your time on this guy. (his voice softening)

Bani: I am not wasting any of my time. I like Pushkar. (firmly states)

Jai: Bani, you know just as much as I do that that is complete bullsh*t. You two are complete opposites and do not mesh with one another at all.

Bani: What does that have anything to do with it?!

Jai: It has everything to do with it! … Bani, if there is no chemistry—then nothing else can exist in this relationship that you are seeking for in Pushkar….

Bani opens her mouth to retort but catches something from the corner of her eye and looks to it. Jai sees her sudden change of focus and follows her gaze over to a woman who stares at Bani with a horrific expression. Bani rolls her eyes from annoyance.

Bani: Yes, I talk to thin air. Now save me the stare and leave already.

Startled, the woman throws Bani on last look before hurriedly leaving the restroom. Bani's eyes switch back over to Jai who holds them.

Bani: You don't know what you are talking about, Jai. There is chemistry between me and Pushkar. And if it is chemistry that you want, then I will show it to you.

She challenges him and stalks off from the restroom herself, ignoring Jai's subtle demands to listen to him…

When Bani came storming out from the restroom, her pace slowed as her eyes landed on her table and at that man sitting across her original seat. He catches her eyes and grins broadly at her. She attempts a small smile in return and takes her seat.

Pushkar: Sorry that I am late, Bani… I hope you received my message?

Bani: It's alright, Pushkar. And yes, I did.

Pushkar: I got a little held up at work—a certain case was taking longer than I hoped for it too. Anyways, the waiter told me you left for the restroom…. I just got here two minutes ago.

Bani simply smiles at him and her eyes unwillingly follow Jai, who arrives at their table himself. She is glad on seeing a grouchy look worn on his handsome face, knowing that she had caused it as well. Jai scowls to himself as he sees Bani quickly ignore him and turn her full attention on Pushkar, who has reached across the table and taken a hold of her hand. Jai scowls further….

Pushkar: You look really beautiful tonight, Bani…

Bani watches as Pushkar kisses her sweetly on the back of her hand, but feels nothing as a reaction—nada, zilch, diddly-squat. To her dislike, Jai is actually right….. There are no sparks or chemistry when it comes to this guy. But she wasn't ready to give into defeat, that too, with Jai. Therefore, she feigns a blush and throws a look in Jai's direction as she does this.

Jai: Quit the act with the monkey already. You can fool him, but you can't fool me.

Instantly she stops and glares hard at him. Bani removes her hand from Pushkar's and covers it up with another smile.

Bani: Thank you… Er, shall we order now? I'm starved….

*********************************************************************************

Bani mostly replied to him in short syllables and hardly listened to what he was speaking about throughout dinner—his words going to deaf ears. She, however, would perk up and strike conversations whenever she sensed Jai's eyes on her or wished to attract his attention. She was determined in getting back at him. He acted as if he could read her as a book but she didn't want to be seemed as predictable…. Not anymore at least.

Dinner was a quiet affair with Pushkar doing most of the talking and Bani throwing him flirtatious signs whenever Jai's eyes focused onto her. She was grateful that there was a whole room in between them as he sat on one of the stools at the restaurant bar across the other side. Her relief soared as she watched Pushkar finish his meal and dab his mouth with his napkin. After throwing the napkin aside, he calls for the bill…

As Pushkar turns around in his seat, distracted in beckoning for the waiter, Bani jumps in her seat by the unexpected voice coming from beside her…

"You really know how to rile up a man, you know that doc?" Bani blushes, despite herself, and looks away from Jai's intense eyes. She murmurs under her breath….

Bani: I don't know what you are talking about…

Jai: I am sure you don't… (dryly) … You never do….

Bani: (throwing a look) What is that supposed to mean?

Jai: (sighs) …. Just grab your coat and things and throw your boyfriend a banana to keep him distracted so we can head on out of here…

Bani: Is that comment supposed to offend me? (whispers tightly)

Jai: No, the idea was to poke fun at your monkey… But you are at liberty to interpret it in anyway… But please do so while we are on our way to the apartment…

Pushkar now lifts his hand in the air, trying to grab their waiter's attention from across the room. He throws Bani a side glance, giving a soft smile. He stands from his chair.

Pushkar: I will be right back….

Bani and Jai both watch Pushkar leave and confront the waiter boy at the front of the dining area. She instantly turns to look at her current nemesis at the moment.

Bani: (scowls) Who do you think you are, my father? I can leave whenever I want…

Jai: If I were your father I would give you a decent spanking on that little bottom of yours just about now… You are behaving rather childishly as it is….

Bani's cheeks turn bright pink, blushing from his bold remark. She, though, does not give up from her stand. With flaming cheeks she retorts….

Bani: I am a grown woman—not a child. I am aware of what I should and should not be doing. I do not need to take orders from you. (tersely)

Jai: (curt laugh) Oh, I know you won't. You don't listen to anything I say to begin with—it does not surprise me.

Bani: (rolls her eyes) Jai, you do not need to be here… I am a full grown woman and can handle myself. I do not need protection or whatever it is that you are staying around here for…

Jai: (dryly) Yes, because my main worry is that your monkey friend will bore you to your death…

Bani: (hotly) He is not the monkey Jai, I think you are—

A cough coming from nearby diverts her attention from Jai and she looks in front of her to see Pushkar staring at her with hesitant query.

Pushkar: Err… Bani, you alright?

Embarrassed, she tries to recover herself and smiles nervously.

Bani: Oh… Yes, I'm fine…

Pushkar takes his seat but the strange look on his face remains there, set in place. He eyes her squarely. From the corner of her eye, Bani watches a grin widen on Jai's lips. If she could, she would wipe it off his annoyingly handsome face.

Pushkar: …. Were you just talking to your cousin a moment ago?

Bani: (more embarrassed) …. I… I…. Yes, I was…. (ending meekly)

Pushkar: … But he is no where around… (stating the obvious)

Bani darts a hateful glare in Jai's direction who is finding this all very amusing to him.

Jai: Don't look at me—Daddy won't help you out of this one… (winks)

She flushes even more. Oh how she detests this man….

Bani: Yes, you are right… He isn't here… But I… I am very angry with him right now… So I was just abusing him with words… I didn't realize I was talking loudly… (sheepishly)

Bani hopes with all of her heart that Pushkar will accept this lame excuse of hers and not think of her as crazy. She has already gone through that ordeal with others—she doesn't know if she can stand another person labeling her as crazy. This was all Jai's fault….

Pushkar: Oh? … You are angry with him? How come?

Count on this man to always have questions. She refrains from groaning on having to now provide another explanation to him…

Bani: He… He, um…. Isn't very approving of my outings lately… In fact, he isn't very supportive of me having dinner with you right now….

She answers, deciding that for once the truth couldn't hurt. The brows on Jai's face rise further. Pushkar seems taken aback and startled.

Pushkar: Why is that? Does your cousin not like for you to go out?

Bani: No… It is not that… Before he would encourage it…. But now suddenly he doesn't want me to—he was especially against the idea of our date….

Bani is certain to look at Jai when she says this—directly meeting with his gray, tranquil eyes. He seems to be scrutinizing her with his intent gaze.

Pushkar: Huh…. If I wasn't mistaken, I would think your cousin is jealous… (chuckles)

Bani watches with a level of interest as a look passes by the features of Jai's face, a look she is unable to pinpoint and understand. She turns her attention then to Pushkar and smiles lightly.

Bani: Yes, I guess….

She decides to agree, not wishing to tread on the topic any longer. He returns the smile and the waiter arrives with their bill in hand. Pushkar is generous enough to pay for dinner. Bani notices that Jai has become dangerously quiet since Pushkar's response. She wished he would say something… anything. His silence is killing her secretly inside.

Pushkar: (charmingly smiles) Shall we go then?

He questions as he finishes paying off the bill. Bani smiles thankfully at him after nodding in agreement as he grabs her coat and pushes in her chair. They walk together to the doors and Bani slips her arm into his, making sure to see if Jai is watching as she does this. To her satisfaction, he is.

As they leave the doors they look to one another nervously. A strand of hair falls into Bani's face and she lifts her hand to move it, but is surprised instead when Pushkar does so for her. She awkwardly lets him tuck it behind her ear and grows uncomfortable with his intense stare. She stares into his wide muddy brown eyes and blushes at herself as she had been imagining a different set of eyes—fierce stormy gray with such depth that she could drown herself in. She fidgets consciously as Jai stands nearby, his arms folded across his chest.

Bani: … T-thank you for dinner, Pushkar… I really enjoyed myself…

She finds herself saying, wanting to fill up the silence between them and leave as soon as possible. Pushkar grins boyishly at her and surprises her as he begins in lightly smoothing out her tresses with a look of endearment in his eyes.

Pushkar: I am glad… I did too….

Bani's cheeks redden as she senses Jai's eyes on her and Pushkar, knowing he is watching this with growing interest and disdain.

Bani: … Well…. I guess this is goodni—

Her voice trails off as suddenly she feels his lips take her own into a kiss. He pulls back after a few moments and Bani opens her eyes to look up at him. She is unsurprised with herself as she remains unaffected by the kiss—having no strong reaction to it. She is, though, guilty as he had kissed her tenderly and sweetly—yet still she felt nothing in return. She opens her mouth to speak but once again his lips brush against hers and soon enough she feels his hands take a hold of her waist. Bani is about to pull back out from his arms, uncomfortable that Jai is right by and having no inclination of her own to continue kissing him, but as she catches the look on Jai's face she does not stop Pushkar. In fact, she begins to encourage it.

And the next thing Bani knew—she was on her way over to Pushkar's apartment….

**********************************************************************************

Pushkar kicks open the door and roughly shuts it as he proceeds to kiss Bani with passionate intensity. Bani responds back with the same energy—thoughts of Jai lingering in her mind and of his taunting words. She would prove him wrong….

They had hitched a cab back to his place as neither of them had brought their cars and kissed like a bunch of teenagers in the backseat. It wasn't until they pulled up in front of his place and Pushkar led her inside that Bani noticed Jai was gone. She, however, would enjoy her time with Pushkar. She would show a certain person that there is more to Bani Dixit than just being a doctor.

In seconds they fell onto Pushkar's bed and Pushkar rolled her over with his arms securely around her so she ended up under him. In the midst of Pushkar ravishing her all Bani could think of was Jai and what he was thinking and doing right at the moment. Would he be thinking about her? Would he be jealous? Or would he not care at all?

"God Bani, you are so beautiful," she hears Pushkar hoarsely say to her. She opens her eyes just as he begins to kiss and nuzzle her neck and squeaks in surprise as she sees Jai standing off to the side of the bed, his arms crossed, and his dark glamorous eyes resting onto her.

Jai: You are a damn good actress… I will give you that…. But sadly not Oscar worthy I think…

Color rushes to her cheeks and she is about to respond back but is interrupted as Pushkar lifts his head up and stares down at her with his aroused eyes.

Pushkar: What happened? (asks breathlessly)

Bani: (stammers) ….. I…. it's nothing—I just thought I saw something..

Pushkar: (further confused) What? –What is it?

Bani: (hastily) Forget it—just kiss me.

She takes a grip onto the lapels of his coat and pulls him close to her while Pushkar obediently listens and kisses her thoroughly. She wraps her arms around the back of his neck and tries to forget the fact that Jai is right here until she gives in and peaks through her eyelids to look at his grim face.

Jai: Who are you trying to fool Bani? …. This isn't you…. Don't become into someone that you are not…

He warns her with his soft, velvety voice. She silently keeps her eyes in lock with his until her arms' hold around Pushkar's neck begins to loosen.

Jai: Listen to me….. Don't do this…. You are not the wild girl that you are trying to be…. You are Bani Dixit… doctor of Bombay Hospital… a woman with a simple life…. This isn't you…. (repeats in the same soft tone)

His words seem to have an effect on her as she slowly begins to stop responding to Pushkar's kisses and becomes numb. Her arms drop back down to her sides and she flinches and becomes ashamed of what she was about to do. Suddenly she places both of her hands onto Pushkar's chest and pushes him aside and quickly springs up from the bed. Bani turns to look at a startled Pushkar.

Pushkar: Bani?...

Bani: (apologetic) I'm sorry Pushkar… I—I can't do this…. I thought I could… but I can't… It's just not who I am….

Pushkar rises from the bed as well, his eyes still on Bani.

Pushkar: … I don't understand…. You seemed to be fine with it…. What happened?

Bani: (shaking her head) …. It's just not me… I'm sorry…. I—I have to go….

She finishes while grabbing her coat and pulling it around her after fixing her crumbled dress. She turns on her heels to leave quickly but feels a grip on her wrist, holding her back. Bani looks over her shoulder and at Pushkar's still puzzled face.

Pushkar: Wait Bani, don't leave…. Was it anything that I did? Please tell me…

Bani: No, Pushkar… Y-you didn't do anything. I can't really explain it. I just have to leave….

She shakes off his hand and walks out from his bedroom door. She can sense Pushkar following her out and hears him calling after her, "Bani…. Bani…." As she opens the front door to his apartment she looks to Pushkar and somberly says, "Goodbye Pushkar…" …….

She rests her head against the back of the hard door and lets out a heavy sigh. Bani opens her eyes as she hears his rumbling voice….

Jai: If you were hoping for a dramatic effect in your leaving—you accomplished it. Monkey boy in there is pining for your love right now…. (chuckles)

Bani throws him an admonishing look that wipes the smirk off of Jai's face who innocently shrugs at her.

Jai: What?

Bani: (eyeing him squarely) You know what.

Jai: Excuse me doc, but as I recall it-- it was you who was set out in sleeping with him… I didn't put the idea into motion for you…. You cannot blame me for anything that had happened in there.

With flushed cheeks, Bani ignores him and begins in stalking off away from Pushkar's apartment door and down the hallway toward the elevators. Jai watches her do this with confusion and slight frustration. He follows after her…

Jai: What is with you? Why don't you just tell me already what it is that you have against me…. What have I done this time?

Bani: It's you! …. You are messing with my head….. You tell me that I should restart my life over and stop being so boring… have a social life… and when I go on to do just that—you are against it.... I don't understand you! What is it that you want me to do?

A silence builds between them and Bani angrily looks the other way as Jai's eyes linger on her, taking in her words. After a long moment he speaks….

Jai: Come with me…

He suddenly demands. Startled, Bani looks at him and eyes him cautiously.

Bani: Where?

Jai: Don't ask any questions…. I am going to show you that there are other ways in having fun other than the way you were resorting to….

Bani's cheeks flush and she curiously follows after his lead as he steps into the elevator. Obediently she doesn't ask him any questions, noting the determined look on his face that has been formed….

jeenal20 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
hey dear
thatw as a gr88 part
ohh noo
i dont beleive bani will go to such extent with pushy
good taht she spotted at right time
and bani and jai both are forming a bond
loving this
and cant wait to know whre jai is taking bani
plzzzzzzzzzzzzz cont asoon
kamy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
it was very good dil.. i hate pushkar and Bani for a while this was not right my old fashinoed thoughts again but i cant change my self in thinking otherwise and Jai has to be blamed for the things she had done. she was right in accusing him very.... update soon u took a very long time this time please do not take that much time will be waiting for the next chapter soon
love
kamy
kuttu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi
I don't know should i feel sorry for Pushkar or is he so blind that he cannot figure out that Bani is not for him. And as for Jai he is confused and he can make Bani too to go to extremes. So where is he taking her. Waiting for that. And hope Bani doesn't do anything stupid like this anymore to get back at Jai.
bye