Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

j&b84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
wow it totally like the movie but still it has it one charms can it jai and bani here, looking forward to alternative ending 😊
jeenal20 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
hey dil
that was a good ending
finally jai got his life back
and wohoo so bani and jai were destined to meet
cool yaar
now me cant wait to read the other alternative u had planned as the end
plzzzzzzzzzzzz cont soon
ragamthalam0 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
cute ending,, loved how bani risked all the typical style except the girl did instead of the guy ,, waiting eagerly for ur epi & alternative ending =)
ducky_euro thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i love this end
cant wait for the alternative end + epi!
cont soon
SA
janu_2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey dil
gr8 ending.. waitin for epi...
cheeze thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Rano really reminded me of Mark Ruffalo's friend in Just Like Heaven 😆 😆 😆
Loved it dear...............please try to post the other ending you had in mind and the epi soooooooooooon 😛 😳
kamy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hi dil
after a long time got time to read the story. the ending was nice but i felt it was abrupt... i loved this story like i told u before.. will be waiting for the alternate last chapter.... on the whole the whole hospital scene was like watching a movie.... do post the part. take care
love
kamy
sweet_gurl61 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Rano is totally wicked! I love her! This was a great part. Typical movie ending. Can't wait for the alternative ending and epilogue. Post them soon.
Indian_Goddess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kamy

hi dil

after a long time got time to read the story. the ending was nice but i felt it was abrupt... i loved this story like i told u before.. will be waiting for the alternate last chapter.... on the whole the whole hospital scene was like watching a movie.... do post the part. take care
love
kamy

welcome back kamy, sure have missed you around. and yeah, i know what you mean about it ending abruptly. but it's probably due to my haste of wanting to finish with the story already and get it out of my hair. 😕😆 it's about time that i end it.
Indian_Goddess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Epilogue:

"Do you, Tarun Sablok, take this woman as your lawfully wedded wife, to live together in the Holy Estate of Matrimony; to love, honor, comfort her and keep her in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep you only unto her as long as you both shall live?" the Father questions the man standing before him, dressed in a classy bow tie and black tux, and looking dashing than ever. The brightness in his eyes and the delighted smile spreading onto his lips conveys the burst of happiness he feels at the moment. Tarun looks to the woman beside him, an ethereal beauty in her shimmering white wedding gown with her silky black hair let out in loose curls and her transparent veil flowing against it. He casts her a wide smile as he answers lovingly, "I do."

"And do you, Lakshmi Singhania, take this man as your lawfully wedded husband, to live together in the Holy Estate of Matrimony; to love, honor, comfort him and keep him in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep you only unto him as long as you both shall live?
" the Father asks the glowing bride, whose eyes sparkle with overwhelming joy and excitement. Her radiant face erupts into a shy smile as tears begin to well in her gorgeous brown eyes.

"I do," she replies with a growing blush in her cheeks. Her groom smiles more on the endearing sight and feels as if he is on cloud nine at the moment.

"Inasmuch as Tarun Sablok and Lakshmi Singhania have this day consented together in Holy Wedlock and have given and pledged their troth each to the other in the presence of this company, by virtue of the authority vested in me, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife.......You may now kiss the bride."

As Tarun pulls his wife into his eager arms and kisses her sweetly on her awaiting lips the guests, consisting of family and close friends, burst out into a happy applause and mirthful cheers. The whistling and clapping increase as the two newly weds look their way with radiant smiles on their thrilled faces and walk down the long red carpet between the rows of chairs settled onto the spacious garden of the bride's parent's back yard. Just like her long desired wish, the wedding was held in the midst of warm June at her wealthy parent's house much to the excitement and satisfaction of Lakshmi. Her dream wedding was finally fulfilled and she couldn't wish for anything more than she already has.

As the bride and groom are lost in one another arms, the guests begin to settle themselves for the reception being held in just a short while under the grand tent set up in the middle of the garden. They move away from the location they occupied moments before except for one person who rises from her seat and walks towards the beautifully decorated altar situated near the end of the enormous garden. She looks gorgeous for the occasion, dressed in an elegant long pink dress that does justice to her slender figure and her smooth hair let out loose, resting on her bare shoulders. A sparkling smile settles on her glossy lips as she takes in the cute sight before her of the best man, remaining rooted to his spot, tugging hard on his bow-tie and scowling to himself.

"Hello handsome, having some trouble?" she questions him in a teasing manner, drawing his lost attention onto her. His scowl grows on seeing how much she is enjoying his plight. He growls at her. "You're enjoying this, aren't you doc? God, I have been dying a slow and painful death in this damn suit and you are finding it amusing." He exclaims while again tugging on the bow of his tuxedo. She giggles cutely at him while coming close and setting to the task he had been so far failing at. She kisses him on his cheek, causing his previous frustration to be replaced by a look of delight. "You're right. I'm enjoying it a lot. And personally you deserve it for giving me hell all throughout this morning. You insufferable pig," she mutters while successfully releasing the bow around his neck and placing it into her purse.

He takes her by surprise as he gathers her into his arms and gives her a devilish smile. She feels butterflies roam all over in the pit of her stomach as she is well familiar with this look of his, knowing where it always leads to. "Oh yeah? You better watch what you say to me, sweetheart. Because I am the best man and have plenty of women waiting for my undivided attention. Maybe if it goes well, there will be another wedding real soon," he murmurs into her ear while biting on it. She blushes from the effects of his actions and pushes him away roughly, giving him a cross look. "Don't you even dare think about it Jai Walia. I will put you on my surgery table and gladly cut you open," she retorts with jealousy causing him to chuckle at her and pull her closer.

Jai: Dying from your hands? --- (chuckles) Any day, sweetheart. Just tell me when and where.

Bani punches him on his arm as he continues to laugh at her.

Bani: Shut up. And come on, the reception is starting. I am hungry since SOMEONE did not give me enough time to eat this morning. (glaring at him hard)
Jai: I am hungry too.... but definitely not for food.

He says to her in his husky voice while planting soft kisses onto her collarbone and along the column of her neck. She blushes red while attempting to release herself from his enclosed arms.

Bani: Really Jai, you have no shame. We are here at your best friend's wedding and you are---

They hear a loud cough behind them, startling them out of their private moment to follow where it came from. Jai and Bani turn around to look at a mischievious looking Rano, giving them sly looks. She looks cute herself in a baby blue short dress that fits her well. Bani's blush builds on seeing her sister catching them alone like this.

Rano: Ahem.... Di, if you and lover boy here are done romancing to yourselves, would you do us the pleasure by gracing us with your presence at the reception. Tarun and Lakshmi are just about to cut the cake.
Bani: (stammering) O-of course. We were just coming. Weren't we, Jai? (eying him hard)

Jai ignores her glares and throws Rano an annoyed look, who continues to smile at him in a spiting way. He draws Bani even closer in his arms while keeping his eyes on his girlfriend's younger sister.

Jai: You cannot ever spare me a moment can you? You really are the little tazmanian devil that you are.
Rano: (smirks) I am going to take that as a compliment spirit boy.

Ever since that day at the hospital in which Rano took an active role of attempting to steal Jai's body, she refuses to let either of the two forget the incident and has so graciously entitled her sister's boyfriend as "spirit boy" as a constant reminder. To this day others remain unaware of the meaning behind the name and Jai and Bani do not offer any explanations when asked.

Jai: (irritated) Don't you have anywhere else to be? Why don't you do what you do best and seduce that doctor boyfriend of yours and leave us the hell alone.
Bani: (admonishing) Jaaii....

It was on that very incident that Rano had the chance of bumping into Ranveer Verma (Bani's acquaintance at work), whom she so foolishly flirted with and amusing him a whole lot. Even though slightly crazy, Ranveer found her endearing nonetheless and they have now been happily dating for more than two months. Ranveer also happens to be family friends with Lakshmi, hence, the reason why Rano is here accompanying him as his date.

Rano: (raises a brow) Why? So you can seduce my sister?
Jai: (laughs proudly) That had been accomplished a long time ago, dear.
Bani: Jai!

She exclaims while burning red and hitting him continuously with her purse, fuming mad at him at the moment. Rano throws him a sleazy smile in return.

Rano: Same for me.
Bani: (shocked) Rano?!

Jai howls in laughter while Bani shakes her head in disbelief with the both of them. Will they ever change? She roughly leaves his arms while stalking off after muttering, "You two are absolutely mad."

***************************************************************************************************************

The cake ceremony began after five minutes once Jai, Bani, and Rano joined everyone else in the tent. They seated themselves in their reserved table, where Ranveer sat waiting for Rano to return. Speeches were made by close family members, the best man, and maid of honor in toast to the bride and groom. The atmosphere was light and joyous all around as people were mingling with one another and rejoicing the union of two love birds. As the father-daughter dance finishes and Tarun takes his lovely bride in his arms for their dance, the DJ announces that the stage is open for other couples who wish to join.....

Rano wastes no time in dragging Ranveer to the dance floor in order to sway with the soft rhythm of the slow, romantic music. As Bani watches the couples join the stage and dance in one another's arms admiringly, she feels Jai take a hold of her hand and pull her out of her seat. She becomes breathless as she meets him at eye level where his gray eyes bore into hers intensely, making her drown in them and her heart to race from anticipation. Then slowly a grin adores his lips as he says, "I'm hungry. Let's get some food." Stumped by his words, she stares at him for a good second with shock before throwing him an angry look, causing him to laugh at her expense. He tugs on her hand while leading her to the tables of food. They join the small crowd that has formed in line of serving themselves food in which Bani remains with a scowl on her face, detesting how Jai rose the expectation of them sharing a dance. Perhaps he wasn't joking that he wouldn't do any dancing even if it is his best friend's wedding. As she stands in her boyfriend's arms, who is quite in the mood for romance with the way he tenderly kisses her in between her bickering at him, she notices how his eyes leave her and look past her instead.....

Jai: Hey doc, isn't that the royal highness with the stick up her *ss, Meera Khandelwal, over there?

Surprised by his words, she follows his gaze behind her and locates her old time foe sitting alone to herself at an abandoned table with her head sinking into her upheld hand, lines of stress and dark circles appearing on her once smooth, confident face. Her eyes droop as she is in a state of semi-unconsciousness despite being in the midst of a celebration. Bani supposes the hard labor put into her new post is slowly but surely taking a toll on her. She bites back a smile.

A week after Jai's discharge, Bani had been called into Mr. Halthore's office on the topic of the available residency position. After some talks of his observations over her hard work, he generously offered her the job saying that she deserved it after all that she puts into the hospital. Bani had been shocked as her long time dream would finally be accomplished, but unlike how she would had felt before which would be bursting with unbelievable joy, she felt indifferent towards the idea of the job now. Jai's presence in her life has brought a lot of good influence and change in her. And she has learned that your career is not your whole world. She politely thanked him for the position but declined it, stating that she wished to keep her position at present as she is content with it and is afraid that she cannot commute as much time as she had dedicated from before. Mr. Halthore demanded no explanations, but figured that a change was brought upon his favorite doctor's life, a good one. Bani commented that he should give the post to Meera as it also had been her long dream to attain it. While Meera has accomplished her goal and is happy with her new attained success, Bani is happy as well in her own respects that too with a loving man by her side.

Bani: Yes, it is.
Jai: (raises a brow) What is she doing here? Didn't think she'd even have enough time to take a single lunch break with the hours she's working now....
Bani: (smiles) I heard from somewhere that she is Lakshmi's second cousin, so she had to make out time to attend.....
Jai: Hm. Just imagine if you had accepted Halthore's offer and were in Meera's place right now. It was worse enough that you didn't have a social life, but people soon wouldn't even know that a Bani Dixit existed in society.
Bani: (punching him) Shut up. Stop mocking me. I don't even want to think about it. Besides, I didn't take up that post because of you.
Jai: Me?
Bani: Yes, you. How was I supposed to make the very man's life hell who tormented me endlessly for so many weeks if I didn't have the time to do so?
Jai: Oh, so you wanted to make my life hell, huh?

Bani giggles while putting her arms around his neck and nodding in affirmative. He kisses her once more before they finally approach the stacks of plates which they grab one for each and pile them with food. They return to their seats where the rest of the chairs remain absent of any other's presence and begin to feed one another, not giving a care if anyone saw as they were quite busy in the joy of celebrating. As Bani places a sweet into Jai's awaiting mouth, he bites down onto her fingers making her voice the pain of her now throbbing fingers.

Bani: Ouch! --- Jai!

She nearly yells as she takes her hand back and shakes it as if wanting to wear off the pain. Jai grins mischievously and gives her a wink. She looks angrily to him and shoves the rest of the sweet down his mouth causing him to cough roughly from the force of the impact and her to laugh mirthfully. Yet she still blows on her fingers while giving him daggers in between.

Jai: Does it still hurt baby?

He questions while taking her fingers into his hand and kissing each one sweetly with care and leisure. His own fingers run down along them, caressing them in a gentle manner and creating a blush to creep onto Bani's cheeks.

Bani: No, it's fine now.... (shyly)

"Hey you two love birds, what are you sitting here by yourselves for? Come on and join us," they hear a voice call for them. Jai and Bani find Sonali Sharma, who just so happens to be the maid of honor, standing beside their chairs with a warm smile on her lips. She continues to urge them to join her and their friends who are standing in a group chatting freely with each other. They catch up in mingling with familiar faces while sipping on their drinks after having finished their delicious food and involve themselves in the jocular mood of their peers, teasing one another here and there. After some time the crowd surrounding them slowly leave one by one as the music changes to fast numbers, creating a hype on the dance floor amongst the invited guests.

Jai: Kya yaar, it has been more than an hour now and this reception is showing no sign of ending anytime soon....
Bani: Jai, how can you say that? Your best friend just got married.....isn't that something to celebrate about?
Jai: Yes, sweetheart--- he did, not me. I don't see why I should stick around and celebrate while I am still very much free.

Bani startles Jai while grabbing onto the lapels of his coat and drawing him close, yet he looks on with an amused expression.

Bani: You are free, huh? Jai Walia you are no bachelor yourself. You are very much taken, mister.
Jai: Oh yeah?
Bani: Yeah. And if you say anything like that ever again I will hang onto you tight and never let you go. Or better yet I can always call back the Father and get you permanently tied to me right here, right now. (sly look)
Jai: Doc, is that your way of proposing marriage to me? (raises his brows)
Bani: Take it as whatever you want.
Jai: Hm, I think you want me real bad if you are ready to chase after the poor Father. But I cannot blame you there, I am damn too irresistible. (winks)
Bani: (blushes by his hot look) You are so full of it Jai.

She pounds a fist onto his chest while he simply chuckles at her and keeping his hold around her intact.

Jai: Yaar, you are a doctor. You should not be hitting me like this all the time---chot lagta hai. Is this how you supposedly cure your patients?
Bani: No, I have another remedy......
Jai: Please do share....

Bani comes close into his side and starts to make a trail with her fingers running up against his neck and to his head full of thick jet black hair, sending tingles to sweep across the areas of his skin that she touches. Her breath falls onto his neck, teasing him, as she bats her seductive eyes at him.

Bani: (flirts) For that my darling, you will have to fall sick.....
Jai: (huskily) Hmmm, but I am already sick.Terribly love sick. Treat me, doctor.

He murmurs while nuzzling his nose against hers and roaming his hands around her slim waist. Bani giggles from his ticklish touch on her body and tries to release herself from his wandering hands. "Jai, behave.... not in front of everyone," she manages to scold him but he pays no heed to her protests until they are interrupted.

"Hey Bani....," she hears someone call out her name and follows the direction in which the voice had come from. She moves away out of Jai's arms and looks over her shoulder. Her eyes land on the figure of Pushkar Shukla, walking towards her with a hesitant smile. For these past two and a half months she hadn't seen Pushkar again after she invited him into her apartment, mainly because she didn't have the time to spend much since only one person took it all.

She is initially surprised on seeing him and throws a quick glance at Jai, who begins to wear a dark look building on his handsome face. "Damn monkey," she hears him mutter under his breath, but ignores it. The moment she left his embrace, his arms found their way back around her, pulling her possessively close against him. She throws Pushkar a sheepish look who watches this with confusion.

Bani: (manages to muster through her embarrassment) Oh Pushkar.... Hi... What a lovely surprise. What brings you here?
Pushkar: I was wondering the same with you. Lakshmi is an old friend of mine from my college days. I couldn't make it to the wedding since I had a case to present, but I have just arrived for the reception. But what are you doing here?

He questions politely while casting a strange look in a glowering Jai's way, who still holds Bani possessively against him as if she is going to be taken away. Bani blushes from the embarrassing situation since she never really got to clear the air with Pushkar and didn't know whether he still possesses feelings for her or not but is unable to answer him as Jai beats her to it.

Jai: (gruffly) She is here with me.

Pushkar seems taken aback in the aggression of Jai's posture and voice and throws Bani a confused look who meekly looks at him with a faint apologetic smile.

Bani: (clearing his confusion) We are from the groom's side since Tarun is his best friend.
Pushkar: Oh, well that's nice. Hello, I'm Pushkar Shukla. It's nice to meet you.

He extends his hand forward, trying his best to be polite with the hostile stranger. Jai's frown builds as he completely ignores his outstretched hand awaiting a handshake.

Jai: Yeah, I know who you are. (menacingly)

Pushkar is further perplexed by his behavior and Bani nudges Jai hard in his ribs for being so rude. She glares at him angrily before giving Pushkar a feeble smile.

Bani: Eer.... Pushkar. This is Jai..... And I'm sorry, he isn't always like this.... (again throwing an angry glare at an indifferent Jai)
Pushkar: (uncomfortable) Um... it's alright.... So, uh, Jai is it? Jaii....?
Bani: (finishes for him) Jai Walia.
Pushkar: (nods) Jai Walia. ..... Hey...... Jai..... Bani, do you mean as in your cousin Jai?

Instantly a wicked smile appears on Jai's once scowling face and his gray eyes twinkle with mischief. Before Bani has any chance to clarify, Jai again cuts her right through.

Jai: The one and only.

Bani looks at Jai with an horrific expression for confirming this while Pushkar gives a stiff smile.

Pushkar: It's nice to finally meet you. I've heard quite a lot about you from Bani. ....So you two came here together?
Jai: Of course.
Pushkar: .....Er, it's nice of you to bring your cousin as your date. But wouldn't you normally bring your girlfriend instead?
Jai: (coolly) You're looking at her right now.

While Pushkar becomes beyond confused by this, Bani turns a deep shade of red and continues to send daggers in a relaxed Jai's way, who is taking this much to his liking. It takes a couple of moments for Pushkar to understand Jai's words and contains a look of shock.

Pushkar: You.... you mean Bani?---- Your...your girlfriend? Bani, who is your cousin, is also your girlfriend?

Jai's smirk grows on seeing the Pushkar blown over by this news and has to fight against the urge of caving into laughter. Pushkar immediately turns to look at Bani and stares at her as if he is seeing her for the very first time.

Pushkar: .... You.... you're going out with your cousin?

He croaks while bearing a look of utter disgust. Bani finds herself tongue-tied and not able to handle the situation. Again any further chance of clearing the misunderstanding are dashed for Bani as Jai so graciously pitches in.....

Jai: First cousin, actually. Our family likes to breed within the family, you know, so that we can maintain the pure blood.

Pushkar gives one last look of pure repulsion before shaking his head and walking off without another word.

Bani: Wait, Pushkar! It's not like that!

Bani manages to cry after pushing Jai off but only after Pushkar is long gone. She turns to glare hard at the man responsible for this, who erupts into a fit of unstoppable laughter. Furious with him, she punches him continuously earning herself a couple of "ouches" here and there. Jai holds her hands into his captive, stopping her from beating him any further.

Jai: (in between chuckles) What are you doing, Bani?
Bani: Jai, what is wrong with you?! Now what will Pushkar be thinking about us?! That we are some kind of incest freaks!
Jai: Forget about him. Let him think whatever he wants. What do we care?

Bani crosses her arms across her chest while looking in the other direction, not paying any heed to him. Jai laughs more at this, finding her extremely adorable when she is mad. Pulling her back into his arms, Jai settles his chin onto her head while hugging her close.

Jai: Now my little boxer.... give this cousin of yours some of your time....

He chuckles further as she aims a punch at his arm and only draws her closer into his chest. Jai kisses her sweetly in her hair while Bani slowly begins to simmer down and relax in his arms. She lets out a heavy sigh....

Bani: Jai.... why do you pester me so much?
Jai: Only because I love you, sweetheart.

Stunned, Bani becomes still in his arms and quickly stares up at him, causing him to withdraw his chin from her raised head. She gazes at him closely while becoming suddenly breathless. She strains her ears to make sure she has heard him right.

Bani: What?
Jai: (innocently) What?
Bani: ... You.... You said you love me.
Jai: (raises a brow) And?
Bani: (breathes) You've never said that before.....

She expresses with her heart thumping fast and her head reeling from the mix of emotions stirring inside of her like a whirlwind. Jai wears a thoughtful look on his handsome face as he replies....

Jai: Huh.... I guess I haven't... Well then, I'm saying it now..... I love you.....

He murmurs huskily as his intense eyes meet her own. Her heart soars high as a goofy smile spreads onto her pink lips and a dreamy look crosses her face. However, suddenly she comes back to reality and hits him once more.

Jai: Ouch... Doc, what was that for?
Bani: (complaining) Jai, you are so unromantic! Is that any way to tell me?

Jai's embrace tightens around her as he brings his face close, leaning his forehead against hers and whispers....

Jai: Let's go back to the apartment and I will show you how romantic I can get.....

A blush instantly adores her cheeks as she grows shy before him and tries to avoid his kisses. She giggles in between of trying to free herself from him. Her eyes fall on a couple of figures walking past them and she regains Jai's lost attention.....

Bani: Hey look... there is Jiju.... and Pia.... and the kids.... What are they doing here?

Jai follows her gaze onto her sister and brother-in-law before casting her a small smile.

Jai: I invited them... well more of Aparajit really. He said he wouldn't be able to make it to the wedding, but maybe would attend the reception. Let's go on and meet them.
Bani: (eying him) Since when have you become into good friends with Jiju?
Jai: I'm not really. But I think we get along. He's a nice guy.
Bani: I don't know Jai.... Jiju is more of a no nonsense type of guy.
Jai: And what I say is nonsense? (intrigued)
Bani: No... you are just plain nonsense in general. (smirks)

She giggles freely while he wears a deep scowl.

Jai: You are a witch, Bani Dixit.
Bani: And you are my insufferable pig...

She coos at him while taking his face into her hands and kissing him sweetly on his lips. His hands find their way back onto her waist.

Jai: You are no less, you know.... If I am Mr. Insufferable Pig then you very well are Mrs. Insufferable Pig.....
Bani: (taken aback, raises a brow) Jai.... are you proposing to me?
Jai: So if I am? ....
Bani: (crosses her arms) I don't see a ring or any flowers..... I don't accept your proposal....
Jai: (grins) It's alright. I will just run off with you and get married anyway.
Bani: Ooooh Jai, you are so unromantic!

She complains once more while trying to aim another punch in his way only to have his own hand stop her from doing so and kisses her passionately as a fitting reply....

*******************************************************************************************

Hey guys, hopefully this update meets up to your expectations even though personally I know it's a load of crap. I'm just in such of a rush to complete this story that I don't think I'm giving it much care than I normally would do. I know you all wanted lots of bickering and mush and I tried to heed to your wishes as best as I could. And if it doesn't meet to your expectations, then please do forgive me. I'd like to once again thank all of you guys for sticking around and choosing to read this story. It means a lot to me. I especially loved all your encouraging comments. 😳😃

I'll post the alternative ending as soon as I can once I finish writing it. 😊

Love,
Dil

Edited by Indian_Goddess - 15 years ago